VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

mix and match? 2bags + 2cylinders?

Old 10-09-08, 01:13 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mix and match? 2bags + 2cylinders?

I have some questions (Don't know where else to ask but to lurk into Air treads).

I have a set of Canovers (came with the car), but the rear left seals are leaking badly, took them out and replaced with HKS Hipermax RS. Then they've been in the unheated garage for a year together with the tanks, 2 accumulators and pumps etc...

Not only that, I have 1 of the 2 Viair pump fried.

I couldn't find anyone to fix it, nor could I contact Canover via Email since I don't know Japanese, thus i am now on HKS RS coilovers right now.
I was looking around recently and saw UAS's bag was applicable to HKS or so it say on their site... then I priced out parts I shall need:
-2 uas bags $400
-rear brackets for the bags (I'm going to use the Canovers for the front) $40
-a compressor (1 of the compressor's fried) $300
-a Dakota digital auto levelling system (original is digital guage with 2 buttons, 1 for the front and 1 for the back, but I want auto level) $800 (Or whatever autolevelling system that's good I guess)

it all comes out to about $1540

Or the other option is to send the left rear Canover to Japan for fixing, which fixing shouldn't be much, its overhaul is about $200, then parts for seals etc... should be around max in total $500. Then there's shipping which I've heard it's about $300 each way...
-compressor about $300
-auto level about $800

so this way would cut me about $2200

Unless I could somehow get just 1 rear left Canover that's good and not leaking.... (anyone know? this might be the cheapest way too... )

I have all other hardwares, lines still set in the car (if I go auto level, more and re-wiring is needed I think) But I might want to change to a pancake tank(which is $156 from airrunner).

And here's the worries...
I'm in cold weather territory, I heard I should get a heater or something to prevent water forming? I don't know if the current set up have water traps, only the tank have a line to I guess to pump air in, but when I received the car (when I bought it) rusty color looking air and water came out when I purge it from there...(is the tank still good?)
I'm told I should change mine to hydraulic lines?
Also I want to know if anyone know the autolevelling system is good and how fast it responds...

I'm fine with my ride right now, just that the Cans and stuff is collecting dust and I've heard using bags/cans will give better ride quality, I'm on HKS RS with softest setting, I still find it hard.

... Either that or if someone wants my stuff I can sell it.
Old 10-09-08, 10:04 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First thing is to contact canover and use google translate to be able to send the email for you. Once you get working parts you can get the rest in order otherwise you will have to scrap what you have and start all over again.
Old 10-09-08, 11:09 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Go to www.vipstylecars.com and register if you haven't already, and look into the group buys from DriftGirl over there, for a little more than 1540, you could have a full UAS kit, compatible with your coilovers.

You could also sell off your old parts, and re-coup some of the cost.
Old 10-10-08, 11:02 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by skperformance
First thing is to contact canover and use google translate to be able to send the email for you. Once you get working parts you can get the rest in order otherwise you will have to scrap what you have and start all over again.
I did, but I never got any response...

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Go to www.vipstylecars.com and register if you haven't already, and look into the group buys from DriftGirl over there, for a little more than 1540, you could have a full UAS kit, compatible with your coilovers.

You could also sell off your old parts, and re-coup some of the cost.
Wow, that's a great price! I'm registered, but I still don't post there...

And there's a 50 post rule that I still can't figure out... it says you have to post enough to post into other threads???

Thank you
Old 10-10-08, 02:01 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
I did, but I never got any response...

Wow, that's a great price! I'm registered, but I still don't post there...

And there's a 50 post rule that I still can't figure out... it says you have to post enough to post into other threads???

Thank you
Um, that's to post parts for sale, you need a 50 post minimum or moderator approval.
I'd get the link for you, but my computer is going wacko right now. Her thread is in the vendor sales classifieds, under bippu couture.
Old 10-25-08, 08:19 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i want a UAS kit =[... why not do group buy here?
Old 10-26-08, 12:39 AM
racinjasin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i second that motion!!!