VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Vip Potential.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 05:01 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Balling
plus

fender mirrors
only gangster og vip cars have fender mirrors
lol. Fender mirrors have been around for a long time. Look at many of the older Japanese cars like the Toyota 2000GT or the Datsun 240z (Fairlady z) and you will notice these had fender mirrors. IIRC, fender mirrors were used in many european countries way before Japan used them.
Old 01-17-08, 05:16 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Not really, I'm sure they would have marketed it under the Lexus name, and with the LS600hl being close to what, 90-100k? it'd be a bit more than that for the century probably. IDK. I'd take an Arnage T over the century though. Just because of the fact it gets like 12/gal miles hwy, and 8 miles city, and at a mere 215k, it doesn't scream luxury, it screams you wipe your *** with money.

500hp turbo car, stock, and a giant vagine magnet at that, if you have the money, why not?

If I had the money for that, I'd have other measily cars, like a century, a president, etc etc. you know, for daily drivers. LOL
It wouldnt survive here in the US...even under the LEXUS brand. The reason is because they (Lexus) has value priced models and the fact that they are all high volume cars.

It tarnishes the brand name (for lack of a better word) while the Bentley remains hand built and exclusive...and twice the price of the top of the line Lexus. Toyota/Lexus markets WELL. They know their market

My V12 BMW gets crappy milage like that. It wouldnt be so bad if the fuel tank was bigger
Old 01-18-08, 08:27 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i love that century! i'd take one over a bentley given the choice. screw the status, i like what i like and what gives me the most pleasure is having something top of the line that nobody else has in this country (century) and just enjoying it while everyone else doens't even know what it is.
any rich grandma or wanna be gangsta rapper or any other jackass witht he money can buy a bentley and act like it's the best thing ever, but i'll get more quality and reliability out of the century, while getting everything else i need out of it, including the respect of people who truly know their cars, not just what they see on mtv.

back on topic, can a bentley be vip? if you want. for some of us though, it's not a classical vip chassis car, so it will never be true vip, but it would look damn good!
Old 01-18-08, 08:58 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not just about the status. It's about how the car is build. If you've ever pulled apart a bentley or watched it, those cars are build like a brick **** house. The century is a fine car but Bentley's are a whole other ballgame of automobile. It goes way beyond brand image.
Old 01-18-08, 10:08 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by Emerald
But that's ONLY in Japan....not many (including myself) would care. It's the ONLY place they could ever sell that car.

ANYPLACE outside of Japan would look at one and say "I dont care what it is...It's a TOYOTA".

The Century is a great car im sure....but not recognized as a WORLD-WIDE status symbol (with the quality to match) like Bentley.....It's not even close or worth debate.

I wouldnt kick either one outta my driveway tho
thats very true. but since the Century isnt available outside of Japan (well, minus some asian countries), I assumed we were talking about the Japanese market.

If given the choices, I would take the Arnage T over the Century in a heartbeat also.
Old 01-23-08, 12:30 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Half to go with Emerald on nearly every point he's made. But it is personal opinion thought, what ever floats YOUR boat. But again the mass population places Bentley on a higher caliber of a automobile than any Toyota or Lexus. Only 2 cars come to mind that are more exclusive than a Bentley and they are Rolls Royce Silver Phantom and the McLaren F1
Old 01-26-08, 05:41 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

<--------- Girl

but thanks tho
Old 01-26-08, 09:29 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

man.. how many times do people cal emerald a guy... haha CMON guys.. who has a myspace that says DriftGirl.. haha..
Old 01-26-08, 10:13 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Emerald you need a new avatar, maybe something like this?

You look so genuine in this pic, approachable even

Old 01-26-08, 11:53 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

bentley is as vip as vip can be. If you are a purist ( I am not) its only VIP if its a japanese luxury car. Ithink if you work a bently its the american interpretation of vip wich I think is more exciting bec it has more variety, but to each his own
Old 01-27-08, 07:21 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Please do not post on something you know nothing about.

You also posted 'good stuff' or whatever the 'media killing vip' thread. You are one of those people who will wash it out, by not keeping it to its roots. Bentley's are nice, but not 'vip'. It's a style. Not anything can do it. You can't call a cow a chicken, because it isn't. It doesn't work with anything, just like drifting doesn't work with anything, just like civics don't look good done up any other way than 'jdm'.

Bentley's, unfortunately can only 'imitate' the style. Stick to your roots. it's baller, yes, but not vip. There IS a difference.
Old 01-27-08, 12:10 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by Caoboy
Please do not post on something you know nothing about.

You also posted 'good stuff' or whatever the 'media killing vip' thread. You are one of those people who will wash it out, by not keeping it to its roots. Bentley's are nice, but not 'vip'. It's a style. Not anything can do it. You can't call a cow a chicken, because it isn't. It doesn't work with anything, just like drifting doesn't work with anything, just like civics don't look good done up any other way than 'jdm'.

Bentley's, unfortunately can only 'imitate' the style. Stick to your roots. it's baller, yes, but not vip. There IS a difference.
well this is I8ABMR's definition of VIP

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
vip style started in japan from the mafia (yakuza) members trying to turn large japanese sedans into something more than a huge boring cruiser. You try to jazz it up with springs, exhaust, tinted windows, sound systems , and pretty much a buch of cosmetic mods like wood kits, junction produce goodies. VIP cars are not tuner cars like we know them. They are cars for cruising and looking nice. Its a tuner culture for adults with money. Most adults dont dig on the air bag setup. Airrunner( japans top air suspension company) makes kits for domestic and japanese cars wich is cool but I personally think the AIRBAGS MAKE THE CAR LOOK GHETTO!!!!!!!! Air bag technology started with the custom mini truck craze in the 90's. They would drop the freakn chasis onto the ground. Looked stupid as hell on a truck, and in myopinion it looks worse on sedans.. VIP cars are large, highend japanese sedans that have been dropped and modified with body kits, exhausts, tints, sound systems, and air suspension in some cases. But no not all VIP (bippu) cars are on bags.It is not a checklist kind of deal. Most of the cars I have seen at J tuned events or the VIP auto fashion shows were not on bags. I am aware of the difference in the VIP culture/ stlye interpretation between Japan and the US. In the states VIP applies to modied luxury or even exotics. But in Japan VIP (bippu ) comes from the modification of large lowered Japanese sedans ( JDM models like the the Celsior and Aristo as well as some large Nissan models). So to sum it all up yes my ride is VIP style. Construction has just started, but a body kit, exhaust, and ipod adapter have already been ordered for the car. I will be entering VIP auto fashion Car shows in Los Angeles and Phoenix. The car will also be entered at the Hot import night competition as a VIP category car. I sold my last ride ( multiple car show winner and in super street magazine) to build a more mature VIP vehicle, and in my opinion she is right on track. I guess VIP like alot of tuning styles is still up to the interpretation of the owner. Depending on what he likes and wants to build. VIP is the hottest car culture to come out of japan since drifting and I am very excited to see more of the cars on the streets and at local and national car shows
3rd gen GS

1. While I half agree, i'd say it wasn't purely the yakuza but the "chinpira"; little wannabe yakuzas running around driving VIP cars. I've never seen a real yakuza drive a Japanese car, usually a Mercedes (hell, Mercedes Benz wouldn't sell cars to the Yakuzas b/c of the image until the late 90s), Rolls/Bentley usually. Also, it's probably ex "roulette zoku" from the Kansai area and people from Kanto that were into the "high-so car" (Chibaraki shiyo back in the days if anyone remembers it) started it.

2. I've hardly ever met a VIP car owner in Japan that was a rich adult. They are usually poor uneducated high school drop outs from the boonies that has crazy passion for cars and spend too much of their paycheck on their car. They look pretty scary but once you start talking to them about cars, theyre the coolest people ever with the craziest ideas when it comes to cars. Now, those cars you see in magazines like "af imp" are rich kids. Come to metro Tokyo man, you won't see a single VIP car. Goto the boonies of Japan and you'll see them all over the place.

Not saying your car is not VIP (hell, i haven't even seen your ride) and I'm sure it looks sweet, and also not trying to nit-pick your comment. However you may want to check how VIP formed and what kind of people are into VIP cars in Japan before you start preaching it. This is how I saw things in Japan as Japanese and these two seem to be the most common misconception of VIP cars...which I guess can't be blamed due to the media.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-27-08, 12:28 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

It's not about the how it started roots, but the 'keeping the right cars in the right category' roots.

Like I said, Bentleys are baller, but it's not in the same category. Just because it screams money doesn't mean it screams vip style lol.
Old 01-27-08, 07:39 PM
Dutch
Pole Position

well heres the deal, if bentley is such a great company why did they sell to volkswagen? and its also funny that when rolls-royce and bentley merged, the bentley's were the lower priced rebadged versions of a rolls royce. im just not a fan of paying an absurd amount of money for a VW. Hell, VW couldnt even sell their VW-badged bentley (the Phaeton)at half the price. i agree that being VIP you have to keep a certain image, but i think bentleys are for rappers who want to see who can spend the most money on a car. i wonder if they know theyre riding on V-DUBS haha

Last edited by Dutch; 01-27-08 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-28-08, 12:08 AM
beangrower
Pole Position

Originally Posted by emoshun
Emerald you need a new avatar, maybe something like this?

You look so genuine in this pic, approachable even

i think the fact that she drifts, works on her own car, and is just into cars period is what makes her seem approachable..its that fact that she's hawt is what makes her unapproachable. hehe. awesome site btw drift girl.

Quick Reply: Vip Potential.....