VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Vip Potential.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-08, 03:54 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

should get some 22' Autocouture on that thing.
Old 01-15-08, 08:12 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've ridden in both a Century and friend's mom's Bentley (probably the only red Arnage running around Tokyo. Balling, if you see one around Denen-Chofu, it's most likely that one) and the Arnage felt more luxurious.

The pic you posted is a series1 Century that pretty hasn't changed since the late 1960s up till the late 90s I think. The one I rode in was a series2 but still the Arnage felt A LOT more luxurious over all.

But, in Tokyo, if you goto places, you'd get better service pulling up in a Century than in a Bentley b/c any rich person can buy a Bentley and Centurys are for the most part ridden by top executives, the imperial family, and politicians.
Old 01-15-08, 08:18 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by Emerald
Just a name? There are not many cars with the same heritage, pedigree and Universal respect as Bentley.

I Love the Lexus/Toyota brand as much as the next enthusiast...some may even say "A bit more than the average enthusiast"...But theres no way Id ever compare a Bentley to a Toyota. Thats just crazy talk
it's actually more complex than that in japan. you have to be pre-approved by Toyota to buy a Century. Any rich person can buy a Bentley. Not any rich person can buy a Century.

i knew a corporate executive who was dying to buy a Century but Toyota wouldn't approve him to buy one. then i knew my friend's parents who owned multiple companies/real estate wouldn't even consider buying a Toyota. it's about the lifestyle and how you want to be seen in society...I think (i'm just a poor grad student, what do i know?)
Old 01-16-08, 01:19 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
it's actually more complex than that in japan. you have to be pre-approved by Toyota to buy a Century. Any rich person can buy a Bentley. Not any rich person can buy a Century.

i knew a corporate executive who was dying to buy a Century but Toyota wouldn't approve him to buy one. then i knew my friend's parents who owned multiple companies/real estate wouldn't even consider buying a Toyota. it's about the lifestyle and how you want to be seen in society...I think (i'm just a poor grad student, what do i know?)
Very well said esp since its from your side too
Old 01-16-08, 04:06 PM
Balling
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

plus

fender mirrors
only gangster og vip cars have fender mirrors
Old 01-16-08, 04:17 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by emoshun; 01-16-08 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-16-08, 07:43 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

how much do these centuries go for us dollar ?

I didn't now how exclusive the century was, VIPCAR december did a feature on a white one, slammed on 20" brabus III. freaking sick, little did I know how exclusive it was.
Old 01-16-08, 07:47 PM
kit cat

Originally Posted by mikemareen

I didn't now how exclusive the century was, VIPCAR december did a feature on a white one, slammed on 20" brabus III. freaking sick, little did I know how exclusive it was.
it's not THAT exclusive. it's just really hard to get them brand new.
Old 01-16-08, 08:12 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemareen

I've watched that DVD too many times. Wish I knew what they were talking about!
Old 01-16-08, 10:11 PM
Balling
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's not THAT exclusive. it's just really hard to get them brand new.
the one i see is in the hachioji area, a black one. Soooo sick

a guy on base bought an 80s century with like 30,000 KM on it, for 8,000. eerything worked, power everything, perfect car.

soooo gangster, got it from a friends grandmother
Old 01-17-08, 07:45 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by Balling
the one i see is in the hachioji area, a black one. Soooo sick

a guy on base bought an 80s century with like 30,000 KM on it, for 8,000. eerything worked, power everything, perfect car.

soooo gangster, got it from a friends grandmother
yeah, the used ones will most likely be in good condition b/c its bought by a wealthy person. take pics man, Centuries do look so friggin gangster if modded right. I always opened my lane on roads if I saw a black on behind me just in case (especially if it was a Omiya plate ) .
Old 01-17-08, 09:39 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

But that's ONLY in Japan....not many (including myself) would care. It's the ONLY place they could ever sell that car.

ANYPLACE outside of Japan would look at one and say "I dont care what it is...It's a TOYOTA".

The Century is a great car im sure....but not recognized as a WORLD-WIDE status symbol (with the quality to match) like Bentley.....It's not even close or worth debate.

I wouldnt kick either one outta my driveway tho
Old 01-17-08, 01:47 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Not really, I'm sure they would have marketed it under the Lexus name, and with the LS600hl being close to what, 90-100k? it'd be a bit more than that for the century probably. IDK. I'd take an Arnage T over the century though. Just because of the fact it gets like 12/gal miles hwy, and 8 miles city, and at a mere 215k, it doesn't scream luxury, it screams you wipe your *** with money.

500hp turbo car, stock, and a giant vagine magnet at that, if you have the money, why not?

If I had the money for that, I'd have other measily cars, like a century, a president, etc etc. you know, for daily drivers. LOL
Old 01-17-08, 03:54 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

I love Century's passenger rear seat, stick my leg trought the front seat, cool.
Old 01-17-08, 04:55 PM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 111 Likes on 52 Posts

ugh i want one..

Quick Reply: Vip Potential.....