VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Watch-out for Shine Auto Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07, 08:26 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If these Replica companies make such good products, why not make a design of their own? People will buy it because they make good quality right, even though it will cost 3-4 times more.

Knockoffs are knockoffs however good you made a product, it's just a copy of an original. Design takes a lot of man hours and that time and effort has to be accounted for. These companies can sell cheap because all they had to do was copy someone else's hard work.
Old 12-19-07, 09:46 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

copy yes but in order to copy they need to make molds. That takes some time as well plus they would need to have an original kit. But if they improve it they also check their kits and tweak their molds.
Old 12-19-07, 11:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder78
copy yes but in order to copy they need to make molds. That takes some time as well plus they would need to have an original kit. But if they improve it they also check their kits and tweak their molds.
please stop giving excuses. knock off is knock off, no one can change that fact. molding kits is cheap and easy. what about the design work from the beginning? what about the first clay model? that doesn't cost money?

knock off companies are only in for one thing -- money. they steal design from others, that's the bottom line. if you are a real enthusiast and is into the industry, you will not tolerate such activities. personally i feel shameful for those who buy knock offs

poyet, you have my support 100%
Old 12-20-07, 01:21 AM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmmm... i know there are members here have ties with friends in the industry, that work for companies that knockoff bodykits and other aero products...

i myself have some friends that work in that industry...i back them up, but i dont like it

i think its up to the persons that rock the knockoff, they know its fake when they purchase it but dont seem to care

man knockoffs have always been around..aint no stopping that!

shoot some SEMA cars rock knockoffs as well...sad but true

Last edited by anotherLS; 12-20-07 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-20-07, 05:24 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i dont think the knockoff is the problem, its the person rockin the knockoff saying that IT IS REAL is the problem. If I bought shine's kit and said at a show, I have a replica JP kit for my gs its different than saying I have a real JP kit and they come to find out later that I ordered it from Shine.

If shine is making kits with 99% perfect fitment, theres no reason why i should be ashamed to say I have it
Old 12-20-07, 05:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
let me know if i'm going astray here.
Yes, you are going astray here and I have removed your post.

Let's keep this topic focused on the topic of the kits and not what appears to be intentionally rude and hurtful towards other people.
Old 12-20-07, 12:36 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

People shouldn't make assumptions or try to guess the facts. Bodykits design evolves from 1 form to another, sometimes drastic and other times subtle. An important thing to remember is, that these changes have to be significant enough to be called another design. An example of this would be the Auto Couture, Aim Gain and Version Select bodykits for the GS.

Auto Couture

Aim Gain

Version Select

As you can see, both the Auto Couture and Aim Gain looks very similar, while the Version Select is an exact copy of the Auto Couture.

All I'm saying is, if you are going to improve an existing product, why not change the design. This way you are not leaching off another company's sucess. If you make a better watch than a Rolex, why try to make it look like a Rolex.
Old 12-20-07, 01:15 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

I see. I did not know that AC made that kit. I thought it was a VS kit that they copied off the garson bB, which looks like AC, somebody copied somebody, and all I know is that VS still copies others kits. Though they have been 'proven' to make it 'better' in terms of fitting. Still don't like them though. Sorry if I assumed that you had a knock off if you don't.
Old 12-20-07, 01:31 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Sadly, knockoffs will never go away because people will always buy them because of their price, no matter the quality. People just never seem to learn.

Yes, it's more the principles being taken away from the larger companies. As it takes a lot of time and effort to develop their body kits.

And it's a whole different story when it comes to knockoff/china made motor parts.
Old 12-20-07, 01:57 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

How are they even making them? Is there a machine like vaccuming forming or is it being hand laid? I can't figure out how they can charge so low. If you've ever done fiberglass you'd know how much damn time goes into something like that. How are they doing it so cheap?
Old 12-20-07, 04:49 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Ive ordered from them before. All my ****** was legit and authentic. If you want to buy a replica kit, they make fake ones for people on a budget. Personally, I think if you cant afford the real stuff, then dont buy it at all. But whatever floats your boat. It really sucks that they are already on thier way replicating body kits, but if they didnt do it...wouldnt someone else have done it? Shine Auto Project is all good in my book, Ken especially.

Last edited by racinstyle; 12-20-07 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-20-07, 07:24 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

You sure they were authentic? All I see is knock off parts from their ebay store.
Old 12-20-07, 09:08 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

i personally don't have any knockoff for the lexus but have to admit i have purchased an "aeroware" front lip for my mr2 from shine auto before.

i would say the fitment is very good and their hybrid material is as good as the poly. the reason i went with them is 1) aeroware is discontinue and it's the only lip i like for the mr2 2) it's cost $160, 3)my mr2 is my commuter/beater.

if it wasn't for the feedback that other mr2 owners stating that it was a good quality and fitment, i would have pass.

i think, the primary reason the majority of the people that will consider replica kit is price.
Old 12-21-07, 03:15 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Knock offs will always be around to leech off the companies that original designed whatever it may be. Of course a lot of people are always going to buy things based on price however the thing I really hate are people that try to pass off their knock offs as the real deal.

Many hours/dollars are invested into the whole design/prototyping phase, and when companies take these designs to make profit I don't see that as ethical practice.

With this kind of behaviour there's a high chance of the companies that produce the moulds from scratch to not be as innovative as they once were, which means less creativity and durability and a slowly dying automotive aftermarket industry.

Do yourself a favour, do your homework, save up a little bit more and buy the real deal.
Old 12-21-07, 06:24 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Caoboy
You sure they were authentic? All I see is knock off parts from their ebay store.
Positive. Metal plates with serial numbers on all my pieces along with a stamped logo inside of each piece. Trust me, if you want the real deal they can get it for you. Its just that they know this VIP thing is going to start getting big. If they get into these replica kits first before anyone else, they can be sure to make a lot of good money. Like I said, I dont like the idea of replica kits at all. From a business stand point you just cant hate, cos they're just in it for the money.

Quick Reply: Watch-out for Shine Auto Project