VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

V.i.p.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-07, 09:09 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go to vipstylecars.com.

search. research. read.

it's THE site for all your questions, with all the answers you need.
Old 06-15-07, 10:47 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
go to vipstylecars.com.

search. research. read.

i was gonna say the same thing. do some research and a lot of reading
Old 06-15-07, 12:08 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.highsocietyvip.com/vipstyle.html
Old 06-15-07, 12:10 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ebruce2
not to nit-pick, but it's not initialized "V.I.P." as we know it, but "VIP", all one word. Secondly this site is probably not the quickest way to learn about this topic. vipstylecars.com is a better place to start.
not to quote myself, buuuuuuuut........
Old 06-15-07, 12:17 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoboy
go to vipstylecars.com.

search. research. read.

There is a lot of info there.....but some are not very receptive to newbies who ask certain questions. Also, the view of VIP at that site sometimes takes a slant of it's own. Seems lately, any car that is dropped to the ground with some huge lip, super stretched tires and flush fenders, they go ga-ga over. That in itself does not constitute VIP platform, VIP style, or VIP inspired. Even some of the VIP platforms that just have the desired stance are all the rage even though they do not have any body mods, no interior mods, no audio mods....etc. I think the article that John over at VIPSC and the one on our site tend to give you more of a snapshot of the VIP style.
Old 06-15-07, 01:43 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

There's actually a lot of good information right here on this section. There's articles, opinions and a lot of pics to get some knowledge from. Getting an understanding of what VIPstyle is can be confusing at time, but once you get the basic principle, everything else falls into place.
Old 06-15-07, 03:08 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Good compilation:

http://www.luxuryjcars.com/forums/in...owtopic=24&hl=
Old 06-15-07, 09:35 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wiliefeliz
So for those who do have VIP cars, do you use it just for show, or anybody use it for their daily driver? I'd like to read your responses on that.
I drive mine 7 days a week.....low to the ground.....but when you do it for so long, you just know how to drive it.....for instance, what bumps you can take....driveways ect....

lotsa rear tires.....got some put on today as a matter of fact.....

ohhh, and lot and lots of looks..head turners....rubber neckers.....some weird looks....in a town were VIP hardly exist
Old 06-16-07, 02:37 AM
wiliefeliz
Driver School Candidate

Thank you all for your replies. I do get confused with VIP with all the other I guess "wannabes." There are just those cars that are mixture of everything. I mean, there are cars that got body kits, and are dropped hella low, but there is always something that is nit picked out of there. That's where I get confused. Now, there are rims styles or brands that constitutes VIP and DUB. There are just a lot of styles. Thank you also for introducing me to VIP sites as well. I just think I need to see pictures and brands and so fourth.
Old 06-16-07, 07:34 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been saying this for a while but I really don't think there is no such set of factors that makes your car VIP. Not to mention the people in Japan are changing as well. The baby-boomers are getting old, government restriction about modification is getting more loose every year, and kids these days are just different from the 90s. I've seen anything from a 660cc "kei" car with air ride and a wall of subs, Celsior with crazy fenders with perfectly working suspension set up for aggressive driving and a 600hp 2JZGTE mated with a Getrag 6MT, to just "boryokudan" wannabes hired by neighbors living in mountains to crush as many cars as they can that goto the touges at VIP meets in Japan. Some are really really nice people into car, then some are really shady/scary people. I mean, Junction Produce started out in Kawachi-Nagano. The hometown for scary kansaijins, right SSaristo!? haha .

Also, the people who started all this are now probably in their 40-50s. The kids now that are getting into it are like 18+. Ask people in Japan from different generation and you'll get a different answer. My father in his 50s will tell you that VIP originated from bosozokus/kaido-racer who got married and had a kid, and went from takeyari GX81 to a used Q45. Look at Taketomi-san for example. He used to be in the roulet-zoku and settled down and had a Y31. I would say that today, VIP people have no boundary set by the look of a car (well, within a certain extent), but by the lifestyle they have. I went to a few VIP meets in Japan with my Aristo but I felt like an outsider...kinda like how I felt the first time I went to a Jewish friend's barmizhfa (sp?) party...ok, horrible example.

Aaaaanywho, dunno why everyone think blacked-out car is VIP, but in the early-late 90s, VIP wasn't about being simple. It was about visually loud with crazy lego colored interior and really bright "look-at-me" exterior. This whole simplicity trend started only a few years ago.

I wish I could explain this w/o sounding cocky, but its a sub-culture of Japan, it would be really hard to explain how VIP formed and what kind of people are involved in Japan w/o understanding the subculture of Japan. The car and its styling seems to me like a byproduct of our culture/difference in income level/education/etc. But I'm just glad that the whole VIP scene caught on in the States because I love the elements of VIP styling and the workmanship (to the point of art IMO) that is involved in these cars. I was always "into" the VIP scene, and I still do appreciate it, and I'm kinda happy that it hit the States. I was at first reluctant when VIP first started getting popular in the States I thought "its all over now, America's going to ruin this like they ruined sushi" but I thought about it, and I think its a good thing now. The VIP culture seems like it has been evolving/moving with more and more new people. And I read somewhere that the VIP culture itself is dying b/c younger people aren't getting into it. So I hope like how the Fast and Furious was a huge in Japan, maybe the USDM VIP scene could bring some positive influence in Japan as well.

Anywho, my point is, get off the internet and go work on your car. I just wrote all this so excuse me if I have any sentences that doesnt make sense or if "I can't write good".

just my 2cents.

Last edited by kit cat; 06-16-07 at 07:37 AM.
Old 06-16-07, 09:16 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

I love the transition of VIP style.

There are some who point to the original old ways, and insist that that is the only path to VIP. If its not a 4 door saloon car, then it just isn't VIP.

Others take the stance of VIP styling to other cars and respect the old VIP styling while adding new and interesting aspects to the world of VIP tuning.

Mode Parfume is a great example of old world meets new Kei cars...
Attached Thumbnails V.i.p.-blow_design_home.jpg  
Old 06-16-07, 05:25 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
a what?

and VIP stands for Very痛い(itai)Person haha. jk, i like VIP styled cars. just trying to introduce some elements from Japan.
Ara?
Very Hurt Person?
I guess I didn't understand the joke.
Old 06-17-07, 12:13 AM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

I've been saying this for a while but I really don't think there is no such set of factors that makes your car VIP. Not to mention the people in Japan are changing as well. The baby-boomers are getting old, government restriction about modification is getting more loose every year, and kids these days are just different from the 90s. I've seen anything from a 660cc "kei" car with air ride and a wall of subs, Celsior with crazy fenders with perfectly working suspension set up for aggressive driving and a 600hp 2JZGTE mated with a Getrag 6MT, to just "boryokudan" wannabes hired by neighbors living in mountains to crush as many cars as they can that goto the touges at VIP meets in Japan. Some are really really nice people into car, then some are really shady/scary people. I mean, Junction Produce started out in Kawachi-Nagano. The hometown for scary kansaijins, right SSaristo!? haha .

Also, the people who started all this are now probably in their 40-50s. The kids now that are getting into it are like 18+. Ask people in Japan from different generation and you'll get a different answer. My father in his 50s will tell you that VIP originated from bosozokus/kaido-racer who got married and had a kid, and went from takeyari GX81 to a used Q45. Look at Taketomi-san for example. He used to be in the roulet-zoku and settled down and had a Y31. I would say that today, VIP people have no boundary set by the look of a car (well, within a certain extent), but by the lifestyle they have. I went to a few VIP meets in Japan with my Aristo but I felt like an outsider...kinda like how I felt the first time I went to a Jewish friend's barmizhfa (sp?) party...ok, horrible example.

Aaaaanywho, dunno why everyone think blacked-out car is VIP, but in the early-late 90s, VIP wasn't about being simple. It was about visually loud with crazy lego colored interior and really bright "look-at-me" exterior. This whole simplicity trend started only a few years ago.

I wish I could explain this w/o sounding cocky, but its a sub-culture of Japan, it would be really hard to explain how VIP formed and what kind of people are involved in Japan w/o understanding the subculture of Japan. The car and its styling seems to me like a byproduct of our culture/difference in income level/education/etc. But I'm just glad that the whole VIP scene caught on in the States because I love the elements of VIP styling and the workmanship (to the point of art IMO) that is involved in these cars. I was always "into" the VIP scene, and I still do appreciate it, and I'm kinda happy that it hit the States. I was at first reluctant when VIP first started getting popular in the States I thought "its all over now, America's going to ruin this like they ruined sushi" but I thought about it, and I think its a good thing now. The VIP culture seems like it has been evolving/moving with more and more new people. And I read somewhere that the VIP culture itself is dying b/c younger people aren't getting into it. So I hope like how the Fast and Furious was a huge in Japan, maybe the USDM VIP scene could bring some positive influence in Japan as well.

Anywho, my point is, get off the internet and go work on your car. I just wrote all this so excuse me if I have any sentences that doesnt make sense or if "I can't write good".

just my 2cents.
hehehe. Takeyari... Tsubushi... zoku... remind me of old days. I'm from Yokohama grew up during the hype of bosozoku in Kanagawa. Remember the CRS? (Yokohama Rengou). I frequently went to the meet for Cats back in the days.

Originally Posted by ssaristo
I know exactly what you're talking about. Im from Osaka! Kansai jin man! haha
Hamakko here. ssaristo-san, are you in Cali for good? or going back to Japan?
Old 06-17-07, 04:34 PM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by JP2SEA
hehehe. Takeyari... Tsubushi... zoku... remind me of old days. I'm from Yokohama grew up during the hype of bosozoku in Kanagawa. Remember the CRS? (Yokohama Rengou). I frequently went to the meet for Cats back in the days.

Hamakko here. ssaristo-san, are you in Cali for good? or going back to Japan?
Im for goood! =) I will be going to Nara in lat Decembr just to visit though.
Old 06-17-07, 04:40 PM
Saiji
Lexus Champion

The hometown for scary kansaijins, right SSaristo!? haha .
Hahaha, Yup, and very well stated. There thin line between, VIP, EXE and Zoku. I guess you have to live the lifestyle in Japan to really understand and acknowledge the differences. I hate it when people preach to me about VIP when I knew about this stuff and studied it, and saw the actual cars in Japan with my eyes since I was like 11-12 years old. That's 13-14 years ago. Ever since then, I've been talking to my cousin that lives in Japan and has a "SICK" Aristo16, about how and what I can do to have the VIP look.

But all in all, it's your car, it's your emagination, it's your money. Do what you like, don't worry about what other people think or say about your car. Just do it for your own satisfaction. =)

Quick Reply: V.i.p.