VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

VIP Inspired IS 350...

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-07, 08:07 PM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eh that was you! i was the SGM last saturday not sure if you remember

your car looks sick in person, is that your shop?
Old 04-04-07, 08:14 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by STIG
I agree CK6speed here. VIP or NOT, that's a sick looking IS.
But I thought this section of the forum was about VIPstyle and VIPcars. I don't think anyone in here thinks the car is ugly, it just doesn't look "VIPstyled". If I came across this car on the IS section of the forum I would reply "nice car" also, but it's in the VIPstyle section. Modifications are a little more extreme and "over the top" here. Stance, wheels fitment, bodykits, overall look and "presence" are a little more critical when it comes to trying to get the style right.

I know some of the guys are a little harsh, but wouldn't the bitter truth be better than a sugar coated misdirected lie?
Old 04-04-07, 08:20 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
But I thought this section of the forum was about VIPstyle and VIPcars. I don't think anyone in here thinks the car is ugly, it just doesn't look "VIPstyled". If I came across this car on the IS section of the forum I would reply "nice car" also, but it's in the VIPstyle section. Modifications are a little more extreme and "over the top" here. Stance, wheels fitment, bodykits, overall look and "presence" are a little more critical when it comes to trying to get the style right.

I know some of the guys are a little harsh, but wouldn't the bitter truth be better than a sugar coated misdirected lie?

Hmmm, for some reason I thought this thread was in the 2IS section!
Old 04-04-07, 08:26 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xotic sC
^...what he said.

MMM...LXZ...I cannot wait to receive them.
Mine are ready for shipment. Callin DHL to send to me!!!

Bold World is in and now the WEDS LXZ on some Dunlop rubber

Talk about Product placement
Old 04-05-07, 01:04 AM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lets just make it official already that the IS and any generation of it wil never be anything more than a LUX car and NOT!! VIP. so stop asking if your car is vip or not.
Old 04-05-07, 04:58 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

But he didn't ask if his car was VIP, nor did he claim his car was even VIP Styled. He said his car is VIP Inspired. It is one thing to debate if the mods done fall within a "VIP Style", but how can you debate that the mods done so far was not "Inspired" by the VIP culture? Maybe his interpretation might be up to debate, but that is a different topic.

While I personally haven't really built a true VIP car, I have been following them since 2001 and do have an LS400 I'm building up. I don't agree that VIP car, or even VIP style has to always be over the top or extreme. I'm not an expert on this by far, but Ive seen everything from wild to mild VIP cars from Japan.

So, while I do agree with you that this "VIP Style" forum is dedicated to the VIP talk, I think people need to read and comprehend better rather than automatically respond with a "Your car is NOT VIP" when the OP never said it was in the first place.
Old 04-05-07, 09:20 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
But he didn't ask if his car was VIP, nor did he claim his car was even VIP Styled. He said his car is VIP Inspired. It is one thing to debate if the mods done fall within a "VIP Style", but how can you debate that the mods done so far was not "Inspired" by the VIP culture? Maybe his interpretation might be up to debate, but that is a different topic.

While I personally haven't really built a true VIP car, I have been following them since 2001 and do have an LS400 I'm building up. I don't agree that VIP car, or even VIP style has to always be over the top or extreme. I'm not an expert on this by far, but Ive seen everything from wild to mild VIP cars from Japan.

So, while I do agree with you that this "VIP Style" forum is dedicated to the VIP talk, I think people need to read and comprehend better rather than automatically respond with a "Your car is NOT VIP" when the OP never said it was in the first place.
To most, being VIP inspired means taking a non VIPcar Platform and doing VIPstyle mods.
Old 04-05-07, 01:37 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Dont really care if its VIP styled or not, the car looks good!!

Was never really one to give in to all these different style names anyway (VIP, EXE, DUB, etc). If they like it, they like it. And if you can create something different(maybe borrowing key elements from every design language and creating your own special vehicle) then more power to ya.
Old 04-05-07, 03:41 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

To most, being VIP inspired means taking a non VIPcar Platform and doing VIPstyle mods.
That is fine if that is their interpretation. Those people should just lead others in a positive manner. Maybe say, add this or that to make your car more along the VIP Style. Too many people rather just chime in with "Your car in NOT VIP" and give no other comment than that. So what if a lot of people keep asking the same question. I've been on car forums for almost 20 years and read the same questions all the time. If those people don't like the question they shouldn't bother to take the time to post something stupid in reply. Just skip it and move on. Before too long this section will just turn into another VIP Style.com site where everyone just argues or follows the same stylistic path.

Anyway, I was in an VIP Inspired car club since 2001 which consisted of real VIP cars, VIP style cars, and just other luxury cars that had a little take of everything. Maybe my interpretation of VIP Inspired is different from the majority. I like to think of it as taking a basic concept of the form and adding your own style and taste to it. Otherwise it is easy to just follow along and buy all the same popular bolt on parts. Honestly, that is the problem with all the new VIP enthusiasts now days. They only take what Japan does and do the same thing. Pretty soon we will have a Japan VIP cloned culture here in the US.
Old 04-05-07, 05:51 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

That is fine if that is their interpretation. Those people should just lead others in a positive manner. Maybe say, add this or that to make your car more along the VIP Style. Too many people rather just chime in with "Your car in NOT VIP" and give no other comment than that. So what if a lot of people keep asking the same question. I've been on car forums for almost 20 years and read the same questions all the time. If those people don't like the question they shouldn't bother to take the time to post something stupid in reply. Just skip it and move on. Before too long this section will just turn into another VIP Style.com site where everyone just argues or follows the same stylistic path.

Anyway, I was in an VIP Inspired car club since 2001 which consisted of real VIP cars, VIP style cars, and just other luxury cars that had a little take of everything. Maybe my interpretation of VIP Inspired is different from the majority. I like to think of it as taking a basic concept of the form and adding your own style and taste to it. Otherwise it is easy to just follow along and buy all the same popular bolt on parts. Honestly, that is the problem with all the new VIP enthusiasts now days. They only take what Japan does and do the same thing. Pretty soon we will have a Japan VIP cloned culture here in the US.
Ok, so what are the new guidelines for VIPstyle or VIP inspired? Does anything count from what was done in the Japan or in the past. Or do we start making up our own thing? Do we put a Kunitsa and a Fusa and call it a day? Or paint the any car black w/ dark tinted window and call it VIP. How about with anyone with stretched tires?

Maybe you have been in the VIP culture since 2001 and I guess you are lucky for being there. But most of us here are trying to find out way around. And what better way to learn than to take pointers from the people that originated the style. If we are wrong for thinking that way then I dont know what the right way is. And if this section of the forum is not for the Japanese VIP enthusiast then maybe I'm in the wrong place.

There's a saying...."You must learn how to crawl before you can run". And I think most people in here including myself, are just in the "crawling stages" of VIPstyle.
Old 04-05-07, 11:30 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I think direction is key here. Getting compliments is one thing, but defining a style profile and describing it incorrectly is what causes things to get misinterpreted. It's an open forum for discussion. Criticism is a healthy part of it.

In my opinion, to qualify the VIP inspiration to this IS, the wheels are far from it.
Old 04-05-07, 11:42 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

I like to think of it as taking a basic concept of the form and adding your own style and taste to it.
That would be called freestyle customization. Not necessarily VIP inspiration/styling.
Old 04-06-07, 03:11 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Ok, so what are the new guidelines for VIPstyle or VIP inspired? Does anything count from what was done in the Japan or in the past. Or do we start making up our own thing? Do we put a Kunitsa and a Fusa and call it a day? Or paint the any car black w/ dark tinted window and call it VIP. How about with anyone with stretched tires?
Of course any VIP enthusiasts should look to what was and is being done in Japan as our guideline. I myself do believe there is a basic mod style that needs to be followed if you want to adopt the VIP culture. I don't see spinner rims, or ghost flame paint jobs as in that spirit

Maybe you have been in the VIP culture since 2001 and I guess you are lucky for being there. But most of us here are trying to find out way around. And what better way to learn than to take pointers from the people that originated the style. If we are wrong for thinking that way then I dont know what the right way is. And if this section of the forum is not for the Japanese VIP enthusiast then maybe I'm in the wrong place.
Again, I'm still young and learning VIP myself. In no way am I saying my opinion is the way. I agree with pretty much everything you all agree with as well, with the exception that now that we in the USA have adopted the JDM VIP Culture and Style at least when it come to modding the cars, we should take the ball and run with it rather than just wait for the guys in Japan to do it and say it is okay.

I also agree that the best way to learn is to learn it from those that are doing it. That is way I don't like to see members posting one liners about how another members car is NOT VIP or NOT VIP Style without directing them and giving them pointers. Many in this very topic have done an excellent job with posting suggestions or pictures of what would be considered more VIP Style and that is great. Others; however, seem to feel if you don't get it you never will and don't give any other suggestion aside from your car will never be VIP.

There's a saying...."You must learn how to crawl before you can run". And I think most people in here including myself, are just in the "crawling stages" of VIPstyle.
So am I my friend, so am I That is why I rather see more educational and positive comments to new VIP enthusiasts rather than people posting they are tired of the repeated questions and the newbies. As an enthusiasts myself, I never get tired of talking, looking, and attempting to mod my car in the VIP Style. Although I do it my way I rather answer 100 repeated newbie questions a day than not answer any at all. At least then I know people are interested and want to learn and the culture in the US is growing. But that is just me. I just don't mind attempting to answer any question if I am able to provide some help.

I enjoy this VIP forum more than the other VIP Style forum eventhough I am a member there as well. I think I average something like 1 posts a month or less there because I don't get an accepting vibe from many of the members there toward newbies. Here, it seems people are still willing to help and be more educational rather than debate and confrontational which I think the other form is.

Anyway, my last comment on this is that none of my posts had anything to do with the IS350 itself, but more the attitude toward the owner by some. I just wanted to see this forum stay more contructive rather than just shoot him down, especially since he never made any comment about his car being a VIP car to begin with. Maybe I'm just dreaming of a better world where we all have more respect for each other and help each other out rather than knock them down.
Old 04-06-07, 03:18 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by flipside909
That would be called freestyle customization. Not necessarily VIP inspiration/styling.

I disagree. Two people can look at a piece of art (Which I consider modded cars art) and come away inspired differently. I'm, not saying change the concept style, just continue to be creative and innovative. Many here view VIP Style and Inpirtation as one in the same. I personally view them as different things that may or may not lead to the same end result. Let's be honest, anyone with money can build a show winning VIP Car. That is easy. To create something personal and unique within the VIP Culture is the hard part. I myself may never achieve that goal, but to those that try and do succeed, they are the true leaders and innovators.
Old 04-07-07, 11:28 PM
chubby
Lead Lap

VIP/EXE require your car style to be a cop magnet.
those two IS pictured aren't cop magnets

/thread

Quick Reply: VIP Inspired IS 350...