VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

could my car pass as VIP curious ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 08:59 PM
KevinfrmSD
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that would definitely pass for vip... if u gimme the girl on your sig. =D
Old 04-14-07, 01:35 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts

That car is close, but not quite VIP. The stance, as has been said before, needs to be about 5mm wider. You can roll the fenders to achieve this without rubbing. The ride height is good. I'd lose the eyelids. They ruin the lines of the car up close. You can also get skinnier tires for the stretched look and to avoid rubbing. As far as the interior styling goes, that's all up to you. Tables, cupholders, fusas, curtains.....they're ancillary to the exterior mods honestly.
Old 04-14-07, 05:20 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkenji
not the best picture but heres my white GS with chrome door handles.. it looks good..

very nice thanks for the pic !!
Old 10-28-07, 11:56 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by panyo64
That car is close, but not quite VIP. The stance, as has been said before, needs to be about 5mm wider. You can roll the fenders to achieve this without rubbing. The ride height is good. I'd lose the eyelids. They ruin the lines of the car up close. You can also get skinnier tires for the stretched look and to avoid rubbing. As far as the interior styling goes, that's all up to you. Tables, cupholders, fusas, curtains.....they're ancillary to the exterior mods honestly.
UM, ok? There are only what, four USDM cars that are accepted VIP platforms and therefore VIP by definition, and the GS is one of them. How can a GS be "close to VIP, but not quite"?

I do totally agree with you on everything else though.
Old 10-29-07, 01:07 AM
SC34M3
Advanced

you can have the top of the line car and wouldnt be "VIP"style... it has to have that look. usually its big wheels with fat lip, hella camber too and slam or on air. there are some weaker vip looking styles out there..those usually dont fill up the wheel well.

Last edited by SC34M3; 10-29-07 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-29-07, 06:51 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Originally Posted by ebruce2
UM, ok? There are only what, four USDM cars that are accepted VIP platforms and therefore VIP by definition, and the GS is one of them. How can a GS be "close to VIP, but not quite"?

I do totally agree with you on everything else though.
You realize what you've said there right? I can go out and buy a bone stock LS400. Doesn't make me VIP. VIP is a style of modding, like JDM or *shudder* spocom. If this GS had a TT1UZ, TE37s, and a 5 point cage, it would definitely NOT be VIP. It'd be a sweet car, and I'd be all over it like wiggers on rice, but no. A VIP platform doesn't make a car VIP.

Case in point.

One of these things is not like the other things. One of these things, just doesn't belong.....

Last edited by GrandSedanFan; 10-29-07 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-29-07, 08:20 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would consider it as a ラグジー (luxy) more than anything. I could make a thread on a VIP car site in Japan and ask some VIP car owners if you want me to
Old 10-29-07, 09:12 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

. A VIP platform doesn't make a car VIP.
....[/I]
Sorry, but yes it does. How is that even up for debate???? Now what you are talking about is the difference between VIP and "VIP-styled".

Please check out www.vipstylecars.com and read the very first page about what VIP really is, BY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.

I've been on that forum for a few years, and the last time I checked, the true definition of "VIP" has not changed.

A quick excerpt: (hope John doesnt mind)

VIP car starts with just that, the platform or the car. It’s not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. From Toyota, you have the Century, Celsior, Aristo, Crown, and Majesta. From Nissan you have the President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric, and the Q45. Then they take these platforms and merge on a massive body kit, larger rims that push the boundaries of offset fitment, an air suspension so that they can drive as low as they possibly can, and we can't forget about the exhausts that goes on these VIP Cars. Now, taking these aspects of a VIP Car, you then apply it to cars not accepted as a VIP Car. This in turn created a term I like to define as VIP Style Cars. There is a difference in Japan in regards to a VIP Car and lets say a K-Car or Style Wagon. All those styles bring up similar aspects of VIP Car but what makes a VIP Car “VIP” is the car itself.

Last edited by ebruce2; 10-29-07 at 09:18 AM.
Old 10-29-07, 11:00 AM
GrandSedanFan
Instructor

Originally Posted by ebruce2
Sorry, but yes it does. How is that even up for debate???? Now what you are talking about is the difference between VIP and "VIP-styled".

Please check out www.vipstylecars.com and read the very first page about what VIP really is, BY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.

I've been on that forum for a few years, and the last time I checked, the true definition of "VIP" has not changed.

A quick excerpt: (hope John doesnt mind)
Alright, I'm so used to using "VIP" and "VIP Styling" interchangeably that we've gotten lost in the minutiae. However, my original point still stands. The car doesn't quite follow the VIP trend of styling.

By your definition, my 50+ tiny Asian parents who really don't care about cars are both VIP, about 10 of my friends are VIP, and my boss is VIP.

By logic of the "authentic" definition of VIP, which is what you've posted, all cars that are VIP are from VIP platforms. However, this is not mutually exclusive. Not all VIP platforms are VIP cars.

VIP car starts with just that, the platform or the car. It’s not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. From Toyota, you have the Century, Celsior, Aristo, Crown, and Majesta. From Nissan you have the President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric, and the Q45. Then they take these platforms and merge on a massive body kit, larger rims that push the boundaries of offset fitment, an air suspension so that they can drive as low as they possibly can, and we can't forget about the exhausts that goes on these VIP Cars.
All that says it a VIP car must start with a VIP platform. And let's be serious. When someone asks if his/her car is "VIP", they generally mean VIP styled.
Old 10-29-07, 01:20 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VIP = Very Itai Person in Japan, haha.
Old 10-29-07, 02:35 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Alright, I'm so used to using "VIP" and "VIP Styling" interchangeably that we've gotten lost in the minutiae. However, my original point still stands. The car doesn't quite follow the VIP trend of styling.

By your definition, my 50+ tiny Asian parents who really don't care about cars are both VIP, about 10 of my friends are VIP, and my boss is VIP.

By logic of the "authentic" definition of VIP, which is what you've posted, all cars that are VIP are from VIP platforms. However, this is not mutually exclusive. Not all VIP platforms are VIP cars.

All that says it a VIP car must start with a VIP platform. And let's be serious. When someone asks if his/her car is "VIP", they generally mean VIP styled.
ya, we're pretty much in agreement. And yes, you should go tell your folks that they ARE indeed rockin' a VIP platform vehicle. If they are anything like my parents they will probably just roll their eyes at you and laugh.

But hey, it is what it is. And these aren't MY rules or definitions, rather THE definitions that I have learned from following the style for a while.

Like I said, get acquainted with the site I mentioned and it will all be clearer. Some of the folks there get downright pissy though...it's kinda fun.

All in all, this is a style that I love, and IMO any-everyone who follows the style should be clear with people about exactly what VIP is. This way we don't have to endure the FnF, and drift-style bastardization and bandwagon-jumping that always takes place when something "new" hits our shores... ya dig?

BTW- most followers of VIP would call the LS460 in the pics you posted above an EXE (Executive style)car, which is essentially a less-radical branch of the VIP tree.

Last edited by ebruce2; 10-29-07 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-29-07, 06:20 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my friend said ur **** IS WET (LOOKS GOOD)
Old 10-29-07, 06:39 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice to see this conversation still exists ! ahaha go to vipstylecars.com I heave learned alot there too

Very well said guys
Old 11-02-07, 12:21 PM
Mr Aristo
Driver School Candidate

VIP or not your GS is pure sex bro!!!!!!!! keep up the great work
Old 03-19-08, 08:46 PM
HiKneeKen
Driver School Candidate

mang that car is pimp...who cares if its VIP...its tight....

Quick Reply: could my car pass as VIP curious ???