Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Special Interest Groups > VIP Style
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

could my car pass as VIP curious ???

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-07, 09:59 PM   #46
KevinfrmSD
Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
KevinfrmSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 162
Default

that would definitely pass for vip... if u gimme the girl on your sig. =D
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
KevinfrmSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 02:35 AM   #47
panyo64
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
panyo64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 439
Default

That car is close, but not quite VIP. The stance, as has been said before, needs to be about 5mm wider. You can roll the fenders to achieve this without rubbing. The ride height is good. I'd lose the eyelids. They ruin the lines of the car up close. You can also get skinnier tires for the stretched look and to avoid rubbing. As far as the interior styling goes, that's all up to you. Tables, cupholders, fusas, curtains.....they're ancillary to the exterior mods honestly.
__________________
Here
2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
2014 IS350 AWD
Gone
2011 IS350 AWD 2010 RX350, 2008 IS250AWD, 2007 RX350AWD, 2006 GTO, 2006 GTO, 2004 G35 6MT, 1992 SC400
panyo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-07, 06:20 AM   #48
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus
Trader Score: (9)
 
lexusondubs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Clearwater,FL
Posts: 7,692
DR LEXUSONDUBS Lexusondubs lexusondubs
Send a message via AIM to lexusondubs Send a message via MSN to lexusondubs Send a message via Yahoo to lexusondubs
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkenji View Post
not the best picture but heres my white GS with chrome door handles.. it looks good..

Click the image to open in full size.
very nice thanks for the pic !!
__________________


lexusondubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 12:56 AM   #49
ebruce2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
ebruce2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panyo64 View Post
That car is close, but not quite VIP. The stance, as has been said before, needs to be about 5mm wider. You can roll the fenders to achieve this without rubbing. The ride height is good. I'd lose the eyelids. They ruin the lines of the car up close. You can also get skinnier tires for the stretched look and to avoid rubbing. As far as the interior styling goes, that's all up to you. Tables, cupholders, fusas, curtains.....they're ancillary to the exterior mods honestly.
UM, ok? There are only what, four USDM cars that are accepted VIP platforms and therefore VIP by definition, and the GS is one of them. How can a GS be "close to VIP, but not quite"?

I do totally agree with you on everything else though.
ebruce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 02:07 AM   #50
SC34M3
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
SC34M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 587
Send a message via AIM to SC34M3
Default

you can have the top of the line car and wouldnt be "VIP"style... it has to have that look. usually its big wheels with fat lip, hella camber too and slam or on air. there are some weaker vip looking styles out there..those usually dont fill up the wheel well.

Last edited by SC34M3; 10-29-07 at 02:13 AM..
SC34M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 07:51 AM   #51
panyo64
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
panyo64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebruce2 View Post
UM, ok? There are only what, four USDM cars that are accepted VIP platforms and therefore VIP by definition, and the GS is one of them. How can a GS be "close to VIP, but not quite"?

I do totally agree with you on everything else though.
You realize what you've said there right? I can go out and buy a bone stock LS400. Doesn't make me VIP. VIP is a style of modding, like JDM or *shudder* spocom. If this GS had a TT1UZ, TE37s, and a 5 point cage, it would definitely NOT be VIP. It'd be a sweet car, and I'd be all over it like wiggers on rice, but no. A VIP platform doesn't make a car VIP.


Case in point.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.


One of these things is not like the other things. One of these things, just doesn't belong.....
__________________
Here
2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
2014 IS350 AWD
Gone
2011 IS350 AWD 2010 RX350, 2008 IS250AWD, 2007 RX350AWD, 2006 GTO, 2006 GTO, 2004 G35 6MT, 1992 SC400

Last edited by panyo64; 10-29-07 at 07:54 AM..
panyo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 09:20 AM   #52
Coco-bun
Moderator
Trader Score: (6)
 
Coco-bun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: midwest
Posts: 6,538
myspace rules. ASL?  wtf is PSN?
Default

I would consider it as a ラグジー (luxy) more than anything. I could make a thread on a VIP car site in Japan and ask some VIP car owners if you want me to
__________________
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/Coco-bun/bunny.gif
"I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake"
The Clublexus Japanese/Engrish Translators  Saiji / Coco-bun / JP2SEA / Dave600hL
Coco-bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 10:12 AM   #53
ebruce2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
ebruce2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panyo64 View Post
. A VIP platform doesn't make a car VIP.
....[/I]
Sorry, but yes it does. How is that even up for debate???? Now what you are talking about is the difference between VIP and "VIP-styled".

Please check out www.vipstylecars.com and read the very first page about what VIP really is, BY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.

I've been on that forum for a few years, and the last time I checked, the true definition of "VIP" has not changed.

A quick excerpt: (hope John doesnt mind)

Quote:
VIP car starts with just that, the platform or the car. It’s not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. From Toyota, you have the Century, Celsior, Aristo, Crown, and Majesta. From Nissan you have the President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric, and the Q45. Then they take these platforms and merge on a massive body kit, larger rims that push the boundaries of offset fitment, an air suspension so that they can drive as low as they possibly can, and we can't forget about the exhausts that goes on these VIP Cars. Now, taking these aspects of a VIP Car, you then apply it to cars not accepted as a VIP Car. This in turn created a term I like to define as VIP Style Cars. There is a difference in Japan in regards to a VIP Car and lets say a K-Car or Style Wagon. All those styles bring up similar aspects of VIP Car but what makes a VIP Car “VIP” is the car itself.

Last edited by ebruce2; 10-29-07 at 10:18 AM..
ebruce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 12:00 PM   #54
panyo64
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
panyo64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebruce2 View Post
Sorry, but yes it does. How is that even up for debate???? Now what you are talking about is the difference between VIP and "VIP-styled".

Please check out www.vipstylecars.com and read the very first page about what VIP really is, BY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE PART OF THE MOVEMENT.

I've been on that forum for a few years, and the last time I checked, the true definition of "VIP" has not changed.

A quick excerpt: (hope John doesnt mind)
Alright, I'm so used to using "VIP" and "VIP Styling" interchangeably that we've gotten lost in the minutiae. However, my original point still stands. The car doesn't quite follow the VIP trend of styling.

By your definition, my 50+ tiny Asian parents who really don't care about cars are both VIP, about 10 of my friends are VIP, and my boss is VIP.

By logic of the "authentic" definition of VIP, which is what you've posted, all cars that are VIP are from VIP platforms. However, this is not mutually exclusive. Not all VIP platforms are VIP cars.

Quote:
VIP car starts with just that, the platform or the car. It’s not a VIP Car unless it starts with one of these cars. From Toyota, you have the Century, Celsior, Aristo, Crown, and Majesta. From Nissan you have the President, Cima, Gloria, Cedric, and the Q45. Then they take these platforms and merge on a massive body kit, larger rims that push the boundaries of offset fitment, an air suspension so that they can drive as low as they possibly can, and we can't forget about the exhausts that goes on these VIP Cars.
All that says it a VIP car must start with a VIP platform. And let's be serious. When someone asks if his/her car is "VIP", they generally mean VIP styled.
__________________
Here
2014 Mustang GT Track Pack
2014 IS350 AWD
Gone
2011 IS350 AWD 2010 RX350, 2008 IS250AWD, 2007 RX350AWD, 2006 GTO, 2006 GTO, 2004 G35 6MT, 1992 SC400
panyo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 02:20 PM   #55
Coco-bun
Moderator
Trader Score: (6)
 
Coco-bun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: midwest
Posts: 6,538
myspace rules. ASL?  wtf is PSN?
Default

VIP = Very Itai Person in Japan, haha.
__________________
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u73/Coco-bun/bunny.gif
"I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a bunny with a pancake"
The Clublexus Japanese/Engrish Translators  Saiji / Coco-bun / JP2SEA / Dave600hL
Coco-bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 03:35 PM   #56
ebruce2
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (1)
 
ebruce2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: The Highlands
Posts: 3,724
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panyo64 View Post
Alright, I'm so used to using "VIP" and "VIP Styling" interchangeably that we've gotten lost in the minutiae. However, my original point still stands. The car doesn't quite follow the VIP trend of styling.

By your definition, my 50+ tiny Asian parents who really don't care about cars are both VIP, about 10 of my friends are VIP, and my boss is VIP.

By logic of the "authentic" definition of VIP, which is what you've posted, all cars that are VIP are from VIP platforms. However, this is not mutually exclusive. Not all VIP platforms are VIP cars.



All that says it a VIP car must start with a VIP platform. And let's be serious. When someone asks if his/her car is "VIP", they generally mean VIP styled.
ya, we're pretty much in agreement. And yes, you should go tell your folks that they ARE indeed rockin' a VIP platform vehicle. If they are anything like my parents they will probably just roll their eyes at you and laugh.

But hey, it is what it is. And these aren't MY rules or definitions, rather THE definitions that I have learned from following the style for a while.

Like I said, get acquainted with the site I mentioned and it will all be clearer. Some of the folks there get downright pissy though...it's kinda fun.

All in all, this is a style that I love, and IMO any-everyone who follows the style should be clear with people about exactly what VIP is. This way we don't have to endure the FnF, and drift-style bastardization and bandwagon-jumping that always takes place when something "new" hits our shores... ya dig?


BTW- most followers of VIP would call the LS460 in the pics you posted above an EXE (Executive style)car, which is essentially a less-radical branch of the VIP tree.

Last edited by ebruce2; 10-29-07 at 03:39 PM..
ebruce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 07:20 PM   #57
t70 supra
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (-4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: W.I.
Posts: 4,016
just_blow_me
Send a message via Yahoo to t70 supra
Default

my friend said ur **** IS WET (LOOKS GOOD)
t70 supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-07, 07:39 PM   #58
VipDout
19x11.5 -51
Trader Score: (4)
 
VipDout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 4,998
Send a message via AIM to VipDout
Default

Nice to see this conversation still exists ! ahaha go to vipstylecars.com I heave learned alot there too



Very well said guys
__________________
Vipdout'05s 19x9 -9 19x11 -11 ....99' Lexus GS400 blk/on/blk //alot of parts.... Most recent and click to find me here VipdOut Blog
VipDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-07, 01:21 PM   #59
Mr Aristo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 10
Default

VIP or not your GS is pure sex bro!!!!!!!! keep up the great work
Mr Aristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 09:46 PM   #60
HiKneeKen
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
HiKneeKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: new orleans
Posts: 33
Default

mang that car is pimp...who cares if its VIP...its tight....
HiKneeKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-08, 09:46 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick question about airbags Grouchy LS460, LS460L and LS600h 14 03-18-13 07:29 PM
VIP crews in WA? Jussjoshin Pacific 30 03-22-12 04:06 PM
20's on RX 350.... What fits, pix? (merged threads) Graphicd07 RX - Second Generation 16 09-05-07 03:23 AM
How are the turbo guys passing emissions? Goose SC 400/300 10 01-22-02 10:31 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:59 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info