VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

VIP....starting to hit the mainstream???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 09:38 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the compliments guys. I wouldn't necessarily call my car vip since my intepretation of vip is quite simple - put function and utility second and style first.

so that means - big tasteful rims, stretched tire walls, lowered to the point that you risk killing your bumper if you come up to a speed bump, and of course all the interior mods that make it posh - curtains, the fusa, general amenities you'd normally find in a hotel room - perhaps a cooled bottle chiller with ice? haha I dunno- anything that screams style.

I do appreciate the fact that vip is on the radar enough that Import Tuner is doing an article but I think it's their responsibility to present it in a manner that holds true to what the vip diehards believe it to be...

about the gangster comment - yeah, i know it's just a way for the mag to spin the style it just sounds too negative for the extreme style and quality associated with bippu.

but hey- one of our own got into the magazine!

i'm going to go pick up the mag... and check it out in depth.
Old 10-18-06, 03:45 PM
garbage85
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really hope it doesnt go mainstream, the only reason why I love vip is because only a limited of people knows about it
Old 10-18-06, 04:28 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cliffud
about the gangster comment - yeah, i know it's just a way for the mag to spin the style it just sounds too negative for the extreme style and quality associated with bippu.

but hey- one of our own got into the magazine!
I agree w/ you...........

3 guys w/ a VIPstlye car and the title has that on it. BUT then again they are just happy to get covergae of their cars.

I have Americans over here w/ VIPcars and 19s & 20s BLING BLING and they think wow check out my VIP Gangster car. Then they wonder why I dont help them with parts and I dont tell them about the VIPcar meets / events. NOT ON MY WATCH!!

At least alot of the guys are sticking to the true meaning of VIPcar / Style. Evan when mainstream USA takes it diffrent routes.......... I know we talk about it all the time.

I thnks those guys for staying true VIP.

Lets see what showsup for the photo shoot........ Gangster or VIP ha ha he he
Old 10-18-06, 05:40 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Much respect goes out to Johnny, Mr. Mark, and Benji. The article is well deserved gentleman.
Old 10-18-06, 09:09 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-18-06, 10:40 PM
Benji
Rookie

Originally Posted by cherplex
Congrats to Johnny and Mr. Mark and Benji
Originally Posted by bluelex
Much congrats guys.....
Originally Posted by GREED777
Much respect goes out to Johnny, Mr. Mark, and Benji. The article is well deserved gentleman.
Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
Thanks guys! Thanks to Johnny and Mark for giving me the chance to get in on the shoot. I'd make the 3 hour drive again if possible.
Old 10-18-06, 10:46 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job guys! Johnny is helping me out a lot with an upcoming project!!
Old 10-18-06, 11:44 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by cliffud
This is exactly the reason why I am hesitant on adopting the VIP look.

Don't take me wrong - I agree it's a great look and I can certainly appreciate the quality that goes into it but the perception that the mainstream US market has of VIP is too negative.

Just check out the main title of that article - "Keepin it Gangsta Homie".

Greeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaat... so hypothetically I sink 50k into a vehicle and other mods to make it VIP and it's been downgraded to a "gangsta" look.

Not exactly what I would want but unfortunately that's where "mainstream" is pointing it...

Does this make me want to go VIP still? I'm sorry to say - nope. Not anymore.
It's an expression that have been around for a very long time and people in the automotive industry have used the word "gangter" to describe a particular style or look of car. Maybe you are taking it very literally, but as a fan of the style I could care less on what others would say. You are modding your car the way you like it and who cares what others have to say about it.

Oh yeah, if you havent read the special rules for this forum I advise you to do so.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
We recognize that not everyone has the same opinion on what 'looks good' and what constitutes a particular 'style' or trend. You're welcome to voice your opinion constructively and politely, but more than anywhere else on this forum we expect only those members who are supportive of the topic of the forum to post here. Share your knowledge but please do it respectfully. If you don't like extreme show Lexus modifications, stay out of that forum and let it be a place for those that do to talk about it.

YOU ARE ON NOTICE that if you participate in these special interest forums with the intent to flame or criticize others, you will have your access to the sub forum removed. When the moderators notice a trend of angry posts by a member, your access will be altered so that you can no longer join the conversation in the special topic areas. You will not be warned or notified other than what you are reading right now. If you rejoin under a new name to continue the argument, you will be permanently banned from the forum under both accounts.
Old 10-19-06, 12:00 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Where are the other pages for the article? Is that it? Looks great Johnny and company!
Old 10-19-06, 05:39 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAristo
Where are the other pages for the article? Is that it? Looks great Johnny and company!

It's a total of about 10 or 11 pages, but I didn't scan them all.
Old 10-19-06, 08:56 AM
Benji
Rookie

Originally Posted by MrMark
It's a total of about 10 or 11 pages, but I didn't scan them all.
I scanned them, if anyone wants to see them, pm me your email address and I'll send all the scans as attachments, unfortunately I don't have a place to host them.
Old 10-19-06, 09:47 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Benji send them to me .

Johnnygoodlife@gmail.com
Old 10-19-06, 10:16 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Benji
I scanned them, if anyone wants to see them, pm me your email address and I'll send all the scans as attachments, unfortunately I don't have a place to host them.
Just post them into your photo gallery. You can host them here. Not a problem...

-----> Uploading photo tutorial here
Old 10-19-06, 12:32 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Benji
I scanned them.......

Of course you did......
Old 10-19-06, 07:44 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Please email me the pics to

VIParisto@gmail.com.

thanks alot!

Quick Reply: VIP....starting to hit the mainstream???