VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-06, 08:54 AM
manila_boy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's another shot...
Attached Thumbnails Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled?  Post here and get expert opinions-torc-wald.jpg  
Old 08-18-06, 01:51 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Well said Bruce. I started this thread (and this forum) to initiate more discussion and try to educate members on what constitutes VIP. Robert's viewpoint on the platforms is one that he feels strongly about and its a good one. He doesn't need to be put down over it.

Upstate, while I tend to agree with some of your sentiments about members not being oppressed here with their styling (I think said it earlier in the thread as well) I do want to ask you to please be more careful with your wording when making your points so it doesn't come across as an attack. We have special rules in this forum designed to keep the strife and aggression level down, and they are going to be strictly enforced. This WILL be a polite, educational and constructive VIP discussion forum, even if I'm the only one that ends up posting in it because everyone else lost their access

I would like for the VIP experienced folks that are chipping in on this thread to please comment about the other cars that members are posting. Tell them where they've got a good start to a full on VIP-styled car (nod to Robert with a 'some of them already have a VIP platform car') and where they need to change if they want to have a VIP or EXE styled car.
i didnt mean to come across aggressive or launch any type of attack... apparently i was reading into what the one guy was saying the wrong way and i was actually only coming to the defense of others who it seemed like some of the negative vibes were being directed towards... my POV was that he was basically aggrivated with people who didnt attach a vip flag to their radio antennas if their ride was in fact VIP just because they didnt feel like slapping a label on what they have or broasting it..judging by your guys reaction to my comments, i must have mistaken what he was actually trying to say- so i guess a little apology is in order you know what else sucks, i have a sarcastic & blunt personality and it comes out inadvertently so much so at times that i dont even realize- the tone which i feel like im using obviously cant be taken less seriously (like i would have wanted it to be taken) since we're speaking online and not in person- so my bad with that too, ill have to keep an eye on that in the future. take it easy guys.
Old 08-18-06, 09:33 PM
{-.-}
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ebruce2
Imagine a vehicle styling movement that originated in YOUR country and you see people not grasping the concept of that movement....wouldnt you be frustrated too?
Maybe I read this wrong....... I live in Japan Im Hispanic grew up in Northern Cali. Loved it so much I stayed here DONT want to leave.

I do get frustrated cause alot of you I know........ its like where are they why dont they post up about VIP. BUT in the past they tried and got and NOW wont maybe??

Some of you ONLY have Nice wheels and a Dropped car by Coilovers or after market springs ITS OKAY. I KNOW they LOVE VIP cause we have talked about it and if thats all you do COOL !! This NEW subforum can be GREAT we need more of them on here to make it happen. V8 Aristo - Jtanoyo1 dont mind getting thier feeling hurt cause of yrs past and they kept at it.

I know we all dont agree what VIPSTYLE should be but hey over here its about the VIPcar and then comes the style.

I had one club member go to a VIPevent / meet with graphics all over the car even the front and back windows. Most of us in my crew didnt like it but he did. LONG story but He took home second place cause alot of others thought it was COOL. Its your car it doesnt have to look like a car out of the magazine make it happen your style.

If it seems like Im Ranting maybe........ Id rather just watch and read about you all enjoying the car and the style then I can sit back and
Old 08-18-06, 10:55 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
i didnt mean to come across aggressive or launch any type of attack... apparently i was reading into what the one guy was saying the wrong way and i was actually only coming to the defense of others who it seemed like some of the negative vibes were being directed towards... my POV was that he was basically aggrivated with people who didnt attach a vip flag to their radio antennas if their ride was in fact VIP just because they didnt feel like slapping a label on what they have or broasting it..judging by your guys reaction to my comments, i must have mistaken what he was actually trying to say- so i guess a little apology is in order you know what else sucks, i have a sarcastic & blunt personality and it comes out inadvertently so much so at times that i dont even realize- the tone which i feel like im using obviously cant be taken less seriously (like i would have wanted it to be taken) since we're speaking online and not in person- so my bad with that too, ill have to keep an eye on that in the future. take it easy guys.

It's cool yo. I knew where you were coming from. It's just you New Yorkers. I have some New York influence.
Last time I was up there was 98'. Definitely blunt & outspkoen cats, guess that's why I blended in.
Old 08-18-06, 11:07 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Ooooh I am all warm and gushy now with all the love in this thread ehehe...

For a while I thought half of the people here in CL were glad that I sold my car and left the forum coz it would finally shut me up! (fat chance!)

It was an exhausting experience coming in here with a new mods that strays from the CL norm and have people slam you repeatedly because they were under the assumption that it won't work, it doesn't look right, it's bad for the car, it's silly, etc. The closemindedness was so aggravating at times, but I refuse to give in. There's still so much that can be said or shown about VIP styling that I think if people just block it off, they are just distancing themselves from a whole sub-genre of modification that could both be very artsy and elegant.

Anyway, here's a word of wisdom if you are trying to go VIP: "Stance, stance, stance". If deep down in your heart you think that your car is not low enough or not wide enough, then it probably is. VIP is all about the shock factor without being gawdy, it's all about making people rethink about the whole concept of luxury modification without losing the "luxury" factor itself.
Old 08-19-06, 08:22 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dsouth
It's cool yo. I knew where you were coming from. It's just you New Yorkers. I have some New York influence.
Last time I was up there was 98'. Definitely blunt & outspkoen cats, guess that's why I blended in.

seriously it sucks but its the truth, and 90% of the time i mean no harm.. ive travelled across the globe, and ive yet to see people carry such unwarranted 'tudes around as those do in great old NY lol OH WELL i still love it here... anyway back on topic, cars look great guys

Last edited by upstateGS4; 08-19-06 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-19-06, 02:05 PM
gtfour43
Driver

Originally Posted by Seize
Nice to see you up in here again! Your car was definitely my favorite second gen GS here on CL
I agree . Jon's GS was PIMP
Old 08-19-06, 06:44 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Ooooh I am all warm and gushy now with all the love in this thread ehehe...

For a while I thought half of the people here in CL were glad that I sold my car and left the forum coz it would finally shut me up! (fat chance!)

It was an exhausting experience coming in here with a new mods that strays from the CL norm and have people slam you repeatedly because they were under the assumption that it won't work, it doesn't look right, it's bad for the car, it's silly, etc. The closemindedness was so aggravating at times, but I refuse to give in. There's still so much that can be said or shown about VIP styling that I think if people just block it off, they are just distancing themselves from a whole sub-genre of modification that could both be very artsy and elegant.

Anyway, here's a word of wisdom if you are trying to go VIP: "Stance, stance, stance". If deep down in your heart you think that your car is not low enough or not wide enough, then it probably is. VIP is all about the shock factor without being gawdy, it's all about making people rethink about the whole concept of luxury modification without losing the "luxury" factor itself.

ha ha, Jon....ur crazy. I dont remember seeing any negative posts on your threads when you were getting all that killer work done on your Aristo. I just remember being like this when I saw the ideas that you were pulling off with your car.

I have to say, IMO no one on CL has even come close to your car in terms of originality and shock factor to this day! The Dronell fitment, stance and custom body kit was just plain awesome!
Old 08-19-06, 07:41 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have to say, IMO no one on CL has even come close to your car in terms of originality and shock factor to this day! The Dronell fitment, stance and custom body kit was just plain awesome!

I agree
Old 08-19-06, 08:54 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dsouth
Yeah thats just it, I also see the point he was getting at from his perspective as it does seem the VIP flag is waved pretty aggressively, but as Dave said its more a "coming of age" aggression than a "f-you" aggression! LOL We native New Yorkers can have a sharper honed edge at times!

The one other part that Robert didnt add is that Clublexus has taken quite a beating on other VIP forums in the past (too mild, too conservative, etc etc) and I would personally like to see this forum flourish as its a GREAT chance for CL to simply become that much stronger! (Imagine if this forum grows to be as popular and active as the 2GS forum! )

This is a great thread with some SICK rides btw. My personal preference is the more EXE look (wider widths, mild stretch, mild aero, slam, etc etc)
Old 08-20-06, 07:36 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

ha ha, Jon....ur crazy. I dont remember seeing any negative posts on your threads when you were getting all that killer work done on your Aristo. I just remember being like this when I saw the ideas that you were pulling off with your car.

Thanks, Bruce. There were some. You probably just didn't notice it or weren't there. Sometimes, even after I posted the pics about how I managed a +24 fitment (the norm now on CL it seems haha) in my back wheels without any major modifications, some still said no way and called me a liar...I was like ooook, whatever....

But this thread wasn't about me or anti-VIP sentiments. Let's get on with it, it's all in the past anyway. Derrick is right. Let's make this place strong and ride the wave that is part of CL and hope it will grow as big as the 2nd gen forum some day.
Old 08-27-06, 12:47 PM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
Since I am an O.G. VIP, thought i'd post a couple of pics of the car that started the "bloody revolution" right here on CL hur hur hur...

What kit is this and where can you get one?
Old 08-28-06, 05:34 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

You can't. It's a one-off.
Old 09-04-06, 06:16 PM
garbage85
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by blacksc400
2) Do you think it's VIP?
Not really, but I have some must have VIP items on my car.. ( JP fusa, spoiler, Work DH wheels, some Jp items, ETC)
I want a daily drive car and I am happy with how my car is how..( speed, Show, daily use, sound competition )
My next LS430 ( regret to sold my UL) will be a all around VIP car.

3) What VIP components do you have on the car?
Too many.

4) What additional VIP lifestyle Items do you want to be considered?
No more.

5) Do you want advise or input on any planned VIP mods?
I have been reading VIP mag from Japan ( my friend brought me from Japan) for 3 years...
But hey, advise always welcome...
dude, thats a lot of stuff hanging on your mirror, doesnt look too safe lol
Old 09-04-06, 06:50 PM
beez43
Pole Position

I believe that I have been shooting for the VIP look and somewhat succeeded.. although the rims I could not do much about since these were the first set of these wheels here in the US and Work asked for a lot of money just to make custom offsets which was wack.. anyhow, I achieved what I was going for and although this is always a working process, (only need a rear bumper) and then im finished.. Suggestions or opinions?

Quick Reply: Is your Lexus VIP or VIP-Styled? Post here and get expert opinions