VIP Style Discuss Lexus VIP and Lexus VIP Styled cars.

MLE "The Real VIP"

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 02:18 PM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MLE "The Real VIP"

Modified Luxury and Exotic this month (the one with the fisker on the cover) in that way back had a article about VIP. DId anyone else read it? What did you think?

I thought it kind of covered what VIP is all about. The main point being personal expression which I think some people forget its all about. The car they had pictured was a Q45. Interesting read none the less. That magazine is like **** to me.
Old 07-27-06, 10:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i kinda remember about it, but imho though, there is no true defition of VIP, and i dont' think anyone can really define it. it's more like a culture and there might be some "general" guidelines like big lip, crazy offset, slammed, high end cars, etc... other than that, it's all personal imho
Old 07-28-06, 06:34 AM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by IVXX
Modified Luxury and Exotic this month (the one with the fisker on the cover) in that way back had a article about VIP. DId anyone else read it? What did you think?

I thought it kind of covered what VIP is all about. The main point being personal expression which I think some people forget its all about. The car they had pictured was a Q45. Interesting read none the less. That magazine is like **** to me.

I read that article the other day......I kinda thaught they went off track talking about euro cars and VIP/HIN . ...................I also remember that Q from a previous article in HCI. as a matter of fact, that actual pic of the Q was taken from HCI.
Old 08-01-06, 05:31 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Accurate or not, I think its great the mainstream mags are covering VIP. It amazes me the amount of people that walk up to our LS400 and say "Hey VIP right??"

I know its more conservative but I guess it is recognized.
Old 08-01-06, 10:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Accurate or not, I think its great the mainstream mags are covering VIP. It amazes me the amount of people that walk up to our LS400 and say "Hey VIP right??"

for sure i am very happy to see how vip is growing here in the US
Old 08-02-06, 08:55 AM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT

It's crazy, around here I get teenagers coming up to me asking about VIP style...lol. I guess they are getting tired of their ricer cars and want to go to big-body rides now. Go figure.

Derrick - the more conservative style that you opted for (which I'm all about) is referred to as EXE or executive style...more or less a branch of the VIP tree I would say. Because let's face it, many of the hardcore VIP cars from Japan are waaaay over the top styling-wise.
Old 08-02-06, 11:35 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Taking a step back away from just looking at the cars, from all the descriptions and the accessories that the VIP scene includes (mobile bars in the car, curtains, etc), I think it is safe to say that the VIP style may have a bigger influence over the attitudes of people who rock VIP vehicles.

for some of these ricers who are all about recreating the fast/furious look, sound, style, LIFEstyle - moving to the VIP scene can likely be seen as a maturity process and along with the maturing rides, crowds, and intellects will come a more mature lifestyle which will be a lot more acceptable to the people who are already in the mature crowd. The more "mature crowd" being defined as car buyers who enjoy the stylistic cues of the bentleys and CLSs of the world but purchase nicer than average everyday vehicles.

I'd be very interested in seeing what will happen within the next year if VIP really takes off.

Prepare for the lifestyle change!!
Old 08-02-06, 09:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

well i think the "maturity" factor has a lot to do with the cars and the prices. all vip cars are not cheap, and so are the mods. so you really don't expect many 16 yr old getting into vip scene coz' of their "budgets". imho that's what makes vip culture a more "matured" feeling to people
Old 08-03-06, 01:36 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah- I agree henry. the prices due serve as a boundary for entry but if you look at some of these ricers and how much money goes into them - the same could certainly be applied to a late 90s LS400 or any newer Infiniti for that matter since their depreciation rates are so steep.

as far as the cost of vip parts are concerned, yeah, the parts are expensive and imported but it will just be a matter of time (1-2 years?) when fabricators locally will make parts and undercut the prices of the originals. look what happened to the wheel market in the past few years. before 20"s were *untouchable* - now they're quite popular everywhere you look. same may happen with vip...
Old 08-03-06, 05:07 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ebruce2
It's crazy, around here I get teenagers coming up to me asking about VIP style...lol. I guess they are getting tired of their ricer cars and want to go to big-body rides now. Go figure.

Derrick - the more conservative style that you opted for (which I'm all about) is referred to as EXE or executive style...more or less a branch of the VIP tree I would say. Because let's face it, many of the hardcore VIP cars from Japan are waaaay over the top styling-wise.

Yeah man, I mean to add that I'm EXE all the way! lol And yes that is a great point you add, with the new transition as well as income growth etc etc.

I sold my Honda Accord and bought a Lexus back in 2001, so I was VIP back then? (just a jokie joke! lol)
Old 08-03-06, 05:11 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cliffud
look what happened to the wheel market in the past few years. before 20"s were *untouchable* - now they're quite popular everywhere you look. same may happen with vip...

Bro, you must be a mind reader, because I was JUST telling someone that the other day. I can remember the late 90's when a CHEAP set of non staggered, cast 20" chrome wheels with Falken fk451 tires cost about 3500.00!!!!! This was when the popular tuner size was 255/35-20 and hardly anyone had 20" staggerred. Now companies like Continental make a 235/30-20, Toyo makes a 235/30-22, and Pirelli makes a 275/25-20!!!!

And, you can get 20" non staggered cast wheels with tires for 1600 bucks out the door!! lol Its amazing, but just like you said, more manufacturers, etc etc. The other day I saw a ad for a COBY MP3 player, so I guess the same applies in that industry!
Old 08-07-06, 09:31 PM
LexFather

The challenge VIP is going to face is doing it right. VIP now is getting the car new, adding 10k everything and WHAM VIP.

With prices of VIP cars going down, people will be tempted to say VIP with just big wheels, no ViP offset etc.

Its tough. VIP sends a CLEAR message, no mistakes about it.

It really has grown on me recently
Old 08-07-06, 10:03 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The challenge VIP is going to face is doing it right.

With prices of VIP cars going down, people will be tempted to say VIP with just big wheels, no ViP offset etc.

It really has grown on me recently
Sick, I;m glad it's starting to grow on you. especially now since you picked up a black 300

from the looks of one of your recent threads, it's seems like "VIP" is giving "sport" some competition on the poll. wich amazes me that they're going toe to toe.

question is, are they refering to true hardcore Vip or mild stuff they're exposed to in america

if you do decide to go VIP, I hope you max boundries and conquer grounds in your area
Old 08-07-06, 10:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by {-.-}
your kidding right................ if you were sooooo happy you would spend just alittle time on the VIP forum
you mean vipstylecars?
Old 08-08-06, 04:33 AM
JDM IS350
Driver School Candidate

i love the VIP/JDM look!

Quick Reply: MLE "The Real VIP"