Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

YK580 vs PureContact vs Serenity Plus

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-15, 01:50 AM
romeezee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YK580 vs PureContact vs Serenity Plus

I'm in the market for new all-season tires for my CT200h and I've narrowed my choice down to 3 tires. I just need input to help me decide on which ones to go with. Keep in mind I live in Los Angeles where majority of the time it's dry with just a handful of rainy days a year.

1. Yokohama YK580

2. Continental PureContact with EcoPlus Technology

3. Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus

Any input is greatly appreciated!
Old 01-06-15, 11:24 AM
AJ@TireRack.com
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi romeezee,

Based on your profile, your CT200h is a 2011 model. The factory tire size I show is a 215/45/17 and in this size, the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus and the Conti Pure Contact with Eco Plus are not available. I do not carry the YK580 so am unsure if it is available in your size.

Are you using an alternate size?

Between the Bridgestone and the Continental, my choice would be the Continental. It performed very well in our testing and also gets a good review by Consumer Reports. I own the Bridgestone on a VW Jetta TDI and with about 12k miles on the tire, it has become very rough riding. Reading our consumer feedback, you might think otherwise...but I am just a little hesitant based on my own findings.

You can read our test that included the Bridgestone and the Conti that you are asking about here.

-AJ