Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

What will happen to put 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-04, 11:27 AM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What will happen to put 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112?

Guys,

What do we need to do to put 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112 Mercedes?

Any suggestions and side effects?

Thank you.
Old 12-23-04, 02:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

it's not a ideal fit for sure. but jon already put 112 on 114.3 and it will fit on (except that the lug holes don't line up right), so i guess 114.3 on 112 should fit too?
Old 12-24-04, 02:03 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

dont do it,,,,,,,,,,just sale your customer another rim or the proper fitment.............. arent u guys supposed to be wheel vendors on this sight.................sorry but just doesnt sit to well with me if you are a vendor and doing stuff like that
Old 12-24-04, 02:09 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blueGS400
dont do it,,,,,,,,,,just sale your customer another rim or the proper fitment.............. arent u guys supposed to be wheel vendors on this sight.................sorry but just doesnt sit to well with me if you are a vendor and doing stuff like that

Seriously dude, I don't like your attitude in your posts.

It could be that a customer wants a wheel that only comes in MB fitment? Chill out a lil bit.
Old 12-24-04, 02:38 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

114.3 & 112 will fit on each other but it won't sit in the center......even u put the hub-centric ring, it still won't sit in the center since the whole wheel is out of the place. U'll have to get them re-drill and get the hub-rings.
Old 12-24-04, 04:41 PM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ATSOU
114.3 & 112 will fit on each other but it won't sit in the center......even u put the hub-centric ring, it still won't sit in the center since the whole wheel is out of the place. U'll have to get them re-drill and get the hub-rings.

Thanks. I guess it's the only way

yah, it's not for a regular driving car, just a show car. The customer needs in a hurry. Just try to see whether it's safe for him to drive on a weekend with those wheels on

Thanks all for your comments
Old 12-24-04, 04:59 PM
Blue98Gs3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DXC
Thanks. I guess it's the only way

yah, it's not for a regular driving car, just a show car. The customer needs in a hurry. Just try to see whether it's safe for him to drive on a weekend with those wheels on

Thanks all for your comments
Well i think it is safe, it just wont be perfect, there will be the chance of vibration. Talk to Jtanyo1, he has MB wheels on his GS and its fine so he says. I think your customer will be fine for a weekend.
Old 12-24-04, 07:12 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Blue98Gs3
Well i think it is safe, it just wont be perfect, there will be the chance of vibration. Talk to Jtanyo1, he has MB wheels on his GS and its fine so he says. I think your customer will be fine for a weekend.

as far as it being safe, no it is absolutely not safe, me and 3 other wheel experts including dude from hre, and brandon at tire rack went over this before, no it is not safe and never will be safe, let the technical questions get answered by professionals, and as far as your not liking my attitude if u got a problem with me or the way i speak pm me and deal with it there, otherwise you need to mind your own business as far as things i say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so from here on im letting u know to keep your personal opinions of me off the forum,,,,,,,,,

merry christmas by the way
The following users liked this post:
brad112 (04-08-22)
Old 12-27-04, 01:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

okok, everyone easy....

dxc is a vendor here, so from certain point of view, bluegs400 (he sells wheels too and one of the experts here) raised a good concern. that's a valid question, and to be honest if that's really the case, then i wouldn't think it's the right thing to do too.

but knowing dxc (we talk quite a bit online), i knew he had his reasons, and he stated that already. so it's all good, i am sure dxc and bluegs400 understand where each other is coming from, it's all good.

regarding the safety, i can't agree with bluegs400 more. leave this up to professionals. i think i know a bit about wheels, but i would still count the opinions from the pros like bob (socalsc4) and a few other guys. seriously, from what jon told me, he doesn't really drive the car every day extensively, so i don't think we can draw the conclusion that it's safe already. what if the wrong pattern wheels are put on a car, driven on uneven road conditions every day for 100 miles (i think this is pretty typical driving habits for most cali people, specially socal)?
Old 12-27-04, 09:57 AM
DXC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
okok, everyone easy....

dxc is a vendor here, so from certain point of view, bluegs400 (he sells wheels too and one of the experts here) raised a good concern. that's a valid question, and to be honest if that's really the case, then i wouldn't think it's the right thing to do too.

but knowing dxc (we talk quite a bit online), i knew he had his reasons, and he stated that already. so it's all good, i am sure dxc and bluegs400 understand where each other is coming from, it's all good.

regarding the safety, i can't agree with bluegs400 more. leave this up to professionals. i think i know a bit about wheels, but i would still count the opinions from the pros like bob (socalsc4) and a few other guys. seriously, from what jon told me, he doesn't really drive the car every day extensively, so i don't think we can draw the conclusion that it's safe already. what if the wrong pattern wheels are put on a car, driven on uneven road conditions every day for 100 miles (i think this is pretty typical driving habits for most cali people, specially socal)?

Well, I guess the solution will be easy, just keep that set for show only

But could anybody really tell me what will happen (or any past experience) to put 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112 ([U]NOT[/U] 5x112 wheels on 5x114.3) ?
Old 12-27-04, 01:50 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

rom, thanx for clarifying and explaining, i would have liked to have said the same thing but was a little taken back and agitated by another members misinterpretation of my words...............

dxc,
i voiced my concern and opinion already about how i strongly advise against it..........
as far as what will happen , the wheels could never center correctly (hubrings or not) and sit properly centered on the mounting pad, no matter what u do it would always be a hair off, so therefore the wheels would always have the possibility of the lugnuts backing off, kinda like when people run some unsafe poorly made adapters, bottom line, not trying to be a *****, just not a good idea, not to mention if anything did happen u would always have to worry about a lawsuit, and bottom line correct fitment would be required proven in a court of law, i just feel its a real sticky situation to get involved in

good luck in however u choose to handle it
later,
mike
Old 12-27-04, 04:27 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

My Carlsson Evo 2/6's were redrilled and I have had them for 2 yrs. No problems whatsoever, just compliments.
Old 12-27-04, 06:04 PM
blueGS400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexAristo
My Carlsson Evo 2/6's were redrilled and I have had them for 2 yrs. No problems whatsoever, just compliments.

redrilling it would be fine if the wheel permits, my comments are as far as putting the wheels on without redrilling................usually to redrill u need to have a covered lug, as in a center cap
Old 10-02-15, 11:27 PM
nyckid221
Driver School Candidate

wobble lugs
Old 04-08-22, 05:34 PM
brad112
Driver School Candidate

Default "Professionals" lmao

[QUOTE=blueGS400;1141791]as far as it being safe, no it is absolutely not safe, me and 3 other wheel experts including dude from hre, and brandon at tire rack went over this before, no it is not safe and never will be safe, let the technical questions get answered by professionals, and as far as your not liking my attitude if u got a problem with me or the way i speak pm me and deal with it there, otherwise you need to mind your own business as far as things i say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so from here on im letting u know to keep your personal opinions of me off the forum,,,,,,,,,

merry christmas by the way[/QUOTE

working for a Wheel company does not make you an expert. I'm new to this forum and I totally agree with what the guy said you talk sideways and it's messed up. I'm glad that you and a couple of other guys think you know what you're talking about because you might work for wheel companies or tire companies but I've owned a hundreds of cars put on several different fitments of rims on many cars. I was a service writer at a shop for a long time. I don't just work for a company that sells Automotive accessories I use automotive accessories I build four-wheel drives and lowriders in my spare time I research tons of points of interest on these things. A 112 lug pattern and a 114.3 rim will work out just fine for most applications. Think whatever you want but we've been running stuff like this for the last 30 years and I have not met a single person who has had more of an issue other than slight vibration. Half the people buying used wheels out there that think that they're getting 114.3 are actually getting 112 anyway. Many wheel Distributors substitute 112 for 114.3 often. And if you're that worried about it get wobble nuts and torque the correct way you'll be fine. If that's not enough to make a person feel better oh, they make very high-quality wheel lug pattern adapters these days. They're used on Jeep Wranglers all the time for off-road applications, meaning they are tough as hell. But of course they're always want to be purest out there that think they know the right way because there's only one right way hahaha. We wouldn't have automobiles at all if Henry Ford in those other guys thought like you.

Quick Reply: What will happen to put 5x114.3 wheels on 5x112?