Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Confused....Camber kit or alignment kit..

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-03, 05:54 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused....Camber kit or alignment kit..

Hey guys,

I thought switching from 295's to 275 would make my car sit perfect. However I still have a little negative camber in which the upper part of the rear wheel is inside and I am getting wear from the inside.

Basically the 295's warped and changed my cars stock camber.

I was on tirerack and saw an alignment piece which looks like the one below for 27.00. The question is what should I do?

Would an alignment be able to fix my negative camber? Should I go with a camber kit? Or can I just use the eibach alignment pieces shown below? Thanks alot and sorry if I am confusing you.

Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Confused....Camber kit or alignment kit..-eibach_align_kit_md.jpg  
Old 10-14-03, 06:34 PM
UncleNick
Pole Position

your car is lowered, right? Ok if so, get a rear camber kit and have a quality repair shop install and do alingment. If done correctly, this should take care of rear inside tire wear. I'd like to see alingment specs before they alingment. I'll tell ya what's wrong. That's a thought, get an alingment check. Most Goodyears, Firestones, Ect...do this for free to try and get your business. Then post specs, I ll tell ya what you need for rear. :-)
Old 10-14-03, 07:04 PM
Wald GS

Originally posted by UncleNick
your car is lowered, right? Ok if so, get a rear camber kit and have a quality repair shop install and do alingment. If done correctly, this should take care of rear inside tire wear. I'd like to see alingment specs before they alingment. I'll tell ya what's wrong. That's a thought, get an alingment check. Most Goodyears, Firestones, Ect...do this for free to try and get your business. Then post specs, I ll tell ya what you need for rear. :-)
Thanks for your input. The stocks and springs are stock. I called my mechanic and he will take a look at it. Thanks again,

Bryan
Old 10-16-03, 02:16 PM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alignment

There is no reason that you should need a camber kit unless you have the vehicle lowered 1.5 inches or more. If you moved to a wider tire many times alignment problems that were already present will show themselves more with a wider tire and wheel. I would have your alignment checked.
Old 10-21-03, 08:56 PM
Wald GS

Default Re: Alignment

Originally posted by Brandon@TR
There is no reason that you should need a camber kit unless you have the vehicle lowered 1.5 inches or more. If you moved to a wider tire many times alignment problems that were already present will show themselves more with a wider tire and wheel. I would have your alignment checked.
The problem is that the knuckles are deformed.. Therefore giving my rear tires 3* negative camber. It would cost about 400 to have this fixed by bending it back.....