Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
View Poll Results: Which looks better on the SC300?
Gettins
35.00%
Aeros
65.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Iforged Aeros or Zauber Gettins for SC300?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-03, 09:52 PM
octane300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iforged Aeros or Zauber Gettins for SC300?

Well, I'm about ready to upgrade my wheels and I've narrowed it down to two finalists: Iforged Aeros and Zauber Gettins. What do you guys think? To be honest, I know very little about the Gettins, but they look pretty tight.

I'm thinking about 19X8 (F) and 19X10 (R) w/ a chrome finish and clearcoat for an sc300 application. I prefer the "no bolt" look of a two piece wheel and I'd like to have about a 2in lip in front and at least 3in in rear. I do NOT have a bodykit and dont plan on getting one anytime soon. Coilovers will be necessary, too. After some brief research, I am leaning towards TEIN Flex. Any thoughts? The big brake kit will be next on my checklist. So far, I like the brembos, but it's only the front brake setup. Do most of you guys with upgraded brakes only get the fronts done?

Any comments are welcome and any info (price, availability, experiences, hints, etc) will be greatly appreciated.

Manaray and wheel forum mods, I'd especially like to hear your input.

Photoshop mods, if you could shop these on a black 97+ SC300 with a drop, that would be great.

Thanks guys,

Doug
Old 07-26-03, 10:50 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would get the Gettins, its a GREAT looking wheel...I'm considering to get a set but I'm really tight on money now...I just blew a bunch of money re-doing the HIDs and the results came out REALLY disappointing so now I'm back to square one again...

I'm thinking about 19X8 (F) and 19X10 (R) w/ a chrome finish and clearcoat for an sc300 application.
OUCH! Must hurt the wallet..Its going to run you around $4000 with tires...I've always told myself NOT to spend 4k on wheels...

After some brief research, I am leaning towards TEIN Flex.
Many would agree that JIC coilovers is more superior than the TEIN...

The big brake kit will be next on my checklist. So far, I like the brembos, but it's only the front brake setup. Do most of you guys with upgraded brakes only get the fronts done?
Unless you have over 500HP to the wheels, I wouldn't recommend a EXPENSIVE big brake kit...The Supra TT brake kit does wonders for our cars and is relatively A LOT CHEAPER...
Old 07-27-03, 04:40 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i'd go chrome gettins ,but i'm biast
Old 07-27-03, 07:47 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

GETTINS ARE TRASH!!!!! Nah, just kidding, figured that would get blulex's attention!! I think both wheels have their pro's and con's, I would like to have the Zaubers just to have a wheel, that NOBODY else has. Although they are getting popular on CL, how many guys in Alabama are rolling on them? The gettins also have a RIDICULOUS rear lip (3.5" or more) The downside is potential wait. The iforged are great because they will custom fit them to your vehicle (disk, offset, lip size, etc). they have a wait too, but someone is a selling a 19" set in the market place right now.

Get either one, IN 20"!!!!! Good luck

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 07-27-03 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-27-03, 08:56 AM
octane300
Lead Lap

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I had only seen the Gettins on a GS and didnt know if it was even practical to have on an SC. I've priced a set of Aeros from Wheels Boutique at just over $3600 w/o tires. I'm also giving thought to buying the set that TicalIS300 has for sale, altho they are 3-piece and set up for IS300 application. Fortunately, I have a GREAT source for tires. I expect to pay no more than $500 for some brand-new, high quality tires. Honestly, I don't know how this guy pulls it off.

Another small issue is the width (thickness) of the spokes on these wheels. Im told the Aeros are pretty thin and may look a bit goofy unless the big brakes are thrown in.

Dennis: Yeh! Then add the coilovers and installation and Im up to over $5K. As you might guess, Im a bit nervous about this purchase, especially since Ive never seen either of these wheels in person, not to mention, mounted on my car. . Where is the best place to go get the Supra brakes? Do I only need the front setup? Oh, and don't give up on that HID project! That is something that I was just beginning to look into. I'd like to hear more details about your experience with this. Please PM if you have some time.

Bluelex: Could you provide me with some info on how to get a price quote on the Gettins? Do you recommend the seller that you went through? Also, if you could post some pics of your wheels or provide a link to another thread w/ the pics, that would be great.

On a final note, Im in FL, not AL. Not sure how that got changed. Altho Im sure these wheels would turn heads in some rural parts of AL! I suppose the same could be said for FL too.

Im not sure about 20s. Remember, I don't have a bodykit. With the exception of Manarays SC400, nearly all pics Ive seen of sc's rolling on dubs look ridiculous. But I'll give it some thought. Keep those opinions coming!
Old 07-27-03, 08:57 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DGOT20s
GETTINS ARE TRASH!!!!! Nah, just kidding, figured that would get blulex's attention!! I think both wheels have their pro's and con's, I would like to have the Zaubers just to have a wheel, that NOBODY else has. Although they are getting popular on CL, how many guys in Alabama are rolling on them? The gettins also have a RIDICULOUS rear lip (3.5" or more) The downside is potential wait. The iforged are great because they will custom fit them to your vehicle (disk, offset, lip size, etc). they have a wait too, but someone is a selling a 19" set in the market place right now.

Get either one, IN 20"!!!!! Good luck
hey hey, careful with the gettins remarks i love the iforged wheels but which one r u looking into getting 4 comparison? i think chrome no matter which it is, but that just me!! i'm sure u can get a nice big lip with the iforged depending on how custon u want them but with the gettins front is like 3.2 normal disk and rear 20x10 is 3.9" super low disk...
Old 07-27-03, 09:16 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I LOVE the Gettin's, Bluelex's car is perfect in my mind, if I did a GS, I would mock his!

But as the roads get worse and worse around here, I am thinking my next wheel purchase may come from a wheel maker in the states so the Aero's from IFORGED, HRE's etc would appeal to me more.

I like the idea that if I smoke a rim I can get it fixed\repaired somewhat easy and I wouldn't have to have to reorder\import a JDM wheel. I love the idea that I can talk directly with the manufacturer of the wheel, customer service is important.

To ME, the custom Forged wheels here in the states are somewhat plain, as I like a lot of the Rays wheels and the Gettins for example, but the Forged wheels here are very clean and there is nothing wrong with that.

To weight it all out in the area I live in, more and more I am learning towards US made custom forged wheels even though I really love some of the JDM designs.
Old 07-27-03, 10:50 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by sportythief79
Also, if you could post some pics of your wheels or provide a link to another thread w/ the pics, that would be great.

On a final note, Im in FL, not AL. Not sure how that got changed. Altho Im sure these wheels would turn heads in some rural parts of AL! I suppose the same could be said for FL too.

Im not sure about 20s. Remember, I don't have a bodykit. With the exception of Manarays SC400, nearly all pics Ive seen of sc's rolling on dubs look ridiculous. But I'll give it some thought. Keep those opinions coming!
I will post a link for you. I think most of the SCs you see on 20s have hideous wheels on them. Alot of the flat styles that you can get away with on a GS look bad on a SC beacuse its a sport coupe. With the 2 types of clean quality wheels you are talking about, 20s will be great. Also remember, because you are going to run a 235/245 fr and 265/275 rear, you are going to pretty much have the same amount of sidewall if you do 19s or 20s.

Take some stock pics and post them in the photoshop forum and have some put the iforged and then the gettins on for you.

Pics of Gettins on a GS
Old 07-27-03, 06:28 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

thanx jpa2400

but has anyone found out which iforged wheel it is that he was looking at ?
Old 07-27-03, 06:43 PM
octane300
Lead Lap

Default Aeros

The Iforged that Im interested in is the AEROS model. Manaray recently put a set on his GS and, for the Carson Meet, temporarily put those same wheel on his sc. They looked great on both cars IMO.
Old 07-27-03, 06:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

just go to up top and click where it says tools and click where it says user profile, than the page pops up where u can change the state.

i love the aeros, but r u going plain with no bolts or with bolts, ? i think 20's would look nice but it is a coupe so 19's would look great too.. 4 a price quote on the gettins pm gs4will, he got me mine but the wait could b long unless they have overstock than u might get lucky...

Last edited by bluelex; 07-27-03 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-27-03, 07:11 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

sporty..most likeyl you will be the ONLY sc with the only Gettins in bama.. ..so no worries..

if you can wait few days, two SC guys(WA and TX) will be receiving the Gettins from me..hopefully they will post some pic after install...

the wait time often varies from 4-8 weeks...

btw, blue, i got your extra caps, could you kindly confirm your addy for me thru PM, thanks
Old 07-27-03, 08:46 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Thanks very much Will, I'll probably receive them Mon, Tuesday and hopely install the Gettins/springs/shocks next week and will try post some pics soon.

Sporty... If you decided to go with Gettins contact GS4Will he will hook you up, beside myself a lot of CL members have bought from him and very satisfied.
Old 07-27-03, 09:05 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

skpark...

no problem...thank you..yeah post some pics...
Old 07-28-03, 01:03 AM
zmatrix
Pole Position

yeah I can vouch for will too - had my gettins in no time flat on my gs!

Quick Reply: Iforged Aeros or Zauber Gettins for SC300?