Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Question to Brandon regarding 97 Maxima SE

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-03, 01:24 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 209 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Question to Brandon regarding 97 Maxima SE

Hi Brandon,

I want to upgrade the shocks and springs on my 97 Nissan Maxima SE. I checked Tirerack.com and the search narrowed down to quite a few choices, and now I am more confused than when I started.

Basically I want to drop the car the maximum possible allowable height with springs and shocks (not coilovers). The car will never be tracked. I just need to lose that 3 inch fender to wheel gap and improve the handling from the current floaty and loose feeling.

Your guidance is appreciated.
Old 06-09-03, 02:29 PM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Springs and shocks.

Well the lowest drop we have for the SE Maxima is 1.5 inches in the Eibach Prokit. I would run those with the Koni Sports for the best combination of performance and ride... In fact I did (see mods listed in sig). Here are your links sir!

Eibach Pro-Kit

Koni Sport Shocks

Last edited by Brandon@TR; 06-09-03 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-09-03, 03:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright Ham, lets stick to modding ONE car at a time dammit, dont wanna be spending our 20" wheel money on the Max now, do we?
Old 06-10-03, 04:01 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 209 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Springs and shocks.

Originally posted by Brandon@TR
Well the lowest drop we have for the SE Maxima is 1.5 inches in the Eibach Prokit. I would run those with the Koni Sports for the best combination of performance and ride... In fact I did (see mods listed in sig). Here are your links sir!

Eibach Pro-Kit

Koni Sport Shocks
Thanks Brandon!

One more question - on the page for the spring kit, there is mention of an alignment kit. Is that required or just a nice thing to have?

Originally posted by DGO20TS
Alright Ham, lets stick to modding ONE car at a time dammit, dont wanna be spending our 20" wheel money on the Max now, do we?

I figure I cannot get wheels for the GS till next year and there are creaking sounds coming from the front shocks on the Maxima so I think I might as well take care of the Maxima now and then next year when the GS is paid off, save up for wheels for the GS then. Hopefully the price of IForged wheels have not gone up to the same levels as HRE's by then............

Last edited by Hameed; 06-10-03 at 04:07 AM.
Old 06-10-03, 08:45 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alignment kit

An alignment kit would normally not be required with this sort of drop. Anything between 1.5 and 2 inches would be recommended and over 2 inches would be mandatory.

How Low Can You Go?

Last edited by Brandon@TR; 06-10-03 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-10-03, 02:09 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Springs and shocks.

Originally posted by Hameed
figure I cannot get wheels for the GS till next year and there are creaking sounds coming from the front shocks on the Maxima so I think I might as well take care of the Maxima now and then next year when the GS is paid off, save up for wheels for the GS then. Hopefully the price of IForged wheels have not gone up to the same levels as HRE's by then............
Every think about used? sometimes you can score a great deal on some good wheels that someone else is just bored with. the car is ready, I wanna see some SHOES on it!!