Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

???

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-03, 08:15 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts
Cool ???

Now that Tire Rack sponsor's this forum, is it just me, or does it seem like it might be odd discussing rims (e.g., HRE) and tires (e.g., Toyo) that they don't sell?
Old 05-29-03, 08:37 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

I think the Tirerack is a great site with very good prices. I just wish they would sell more high end wheels such as Work, HRE, etc. They do sell SSR and OZ wheels which are very nice.
Old 05-29-03, 09:45 PM
dartdoc1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ???

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Now that Tire Rack sponsor's this forum, is it just me, or does it seem like it might be odd discussing rims (e.g., HRE) and tires (e.g., Toyo) that they don't sell?
No, I don't think it would be odd to discuss these other brands as this is a place where these types of things should be discussed with tire racks great prices and selection I'm sure they will get their fair share of customer's from the member's but just like other sponsor's not eveyone bought their product's.

Each and every individual has his or her own personal taste for wheel design and build quality the same goes for tires, most people buy what their budget will allow other's save up and get something of personal choice or unique design. For myself personally I still can't decide what wheel I want there are so many great designs and styles I want all of them and be able to rotate designs out weekly but I will eventually just have to pick one. Tire rack will be very successful as a sponsor here at C/L IMO

Last edited by dartdoc1; 05-29-03 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-30-03, 06:24 AM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Not at all...

We do sell some very high end brands like AMG, BBS, SSR, OZ, Breyton etc..

I think the discussion of tires and wheels of any brand is fun an informative and this is the perfect place to do it. You guys will probably end up teaching me something about some of the brands we don't carry since I'm sort of in my own little TR world here I don't get much exposure or information about other brands except for magazine adds.

I have experience with MB moderators who are "*****" and I will never be like that. So feel free to discuss whatever you want as long as its related to tires and wheels (of any brand).
Old 05-30-03, 06:54 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess with it being called “Tire Racks” forum….. I still plan on discussing everything under the sun when it comes to wheels and tires. I like the previous vendors being that they seemed a little more in touch with aggressive setup’s and larger lines of wheels, but it wasn’t really named their forum, it was just the wheel forum.

I like the tire rack, I have ordered from them before…

Edit- TR already has the hardest part done, they have the name branding process down with an outstanding reputation for service and quality. You guys should think about expanding your wheel line to more brands, or at least offer more online prices to other models that you carry, like SSR, they have a ton of good wheels and you only list a few.

Last edited by jpa2400; 05-30-03 at 06:56 AM.
Old 05-30-03, 07:38 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by jpa2400
I guess with it being called “Tire Racks” forum….. I still plan on discussing everything under the sun when it comes to wheels and tires.
As you should! This is still a ClubLexus Forum.

Last edited by ///MDex; 05-30-03 at 08:07 AM.