Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

giovanna g-f1

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-03, 11:49 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up giovanna g-f1

i ordered a set the other day for my gs, i think they look great, i went with 20 inch x8.5 up front and 20x10 in the rear. I went with the polished and nitto tires. I think they look good and not that bad of a price for a nice forged wheel, might not be iforged or hre, but i didn't pay 4500-6k for them either.

they are on the g35 btw http://www.giovannawheels.com/infiniti.html#

and a sl55 i think or either a sl500 http://www.exclusivemotoring.com/exclusive.htm
any thoughts!??

Last edited by fireballs gs400; 04-29-03 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-29-03, 12:14 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

I normally don't like Giovanna wheels. Too flashy and heavy. But, the F1 is an exception. I really like that wheel. Good choice. If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase them for under $4500?!?

http://superbuytires.com/wheels_by_b...GFG&model=GF15
Old 04-29-03, 12:17 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up thanks

fella over the net, i took all the precautions with my money, n case something bad could happen, which i doubt, i have his home number and cell number plus a work number. But he said they were rather lite for such a big wheel.
Old 04-29-03, 01:02 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think someone brought these wheels up a while back, I think Giovanna rebadges them?
Old 04-29-03, 02:30 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up rebadged?

what do they change it from? curious on what you mean?
Old 04-29-03, 04:00 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had to bust a search, whole thread here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=GF1

""The Giovanna GF-1 is NOT a real Giovanna wheel...it's an ACARI RACING wheel made by APP....Giovanna just sells them with their center caps...I would take those wheels but I'd BURN the Giovanna center caps and get the ACARI ones...

But generally, unless I could SELL the Giovannas, I would rather keep my stock wheels.

I would also turn down an offer for a free Fake Rolex too..."
Old 04-30-03, 02:18 AM
ARD LS
Rookie

I don't believe that Giovanna hides the fact that they are APP. At SEMA in Vegas last year it was publicly mentioned that they were manufactured by APP. I do believe that the designs are all Giovanna and not APP's.

I've looked and looked for wheels made by APP and haven't found any in the several styles available for the Giovanna. I believe Giovanna does a great job. I've gone down to their wherehouse/assembly and am very happy to see that they stocked a whole crap load of rim centers and halves. So if you have problems the replacements parts are always in stock. The fact that they can turn them around in a couple days is the best custom forged service you can find.

I'm so glad that Giovanna has introduced a forged line of wheels to enter the higher end demand. The GFG wheels are beautiful. Giovanna has amongst the best chrome and quality standards I've seen as well as a phenomenal warranty on it.

Please don't be ashamed that they are Giovanna wheels. These wheels are way above what they started doing, as most companies. These are of the caliber of HRE, hence the prices. We are offer all these lines and I must say the the GFG stuff is incredible for those who want big fitments, forged, and impecable chrome as well as a damn quick turnaround.

I see these more on a Benz but then again i haven't seen them on a lex.

TTYL,

Rishie

Last edited by ARD LS; 04-30-03 at 02:18 AM.
Old 04-30-03, 11:06 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Exclamation dang

well at least i am going with some "copied" wheels instead of some "ghetto" wheels
Will post pics of my "poser" very soon,

Where is HRE manufactured, and what kind of special materials are used.
Old 05-03-03, 02:51 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The GF-1 WAS NOT DESIGNED By Giovanna. I have a buddy that works for APP.

They don't hide the fact that it's made by APP because APP stamps every wheel they put out. Also, APP makes good quality stuff, why would a cheeseball company like Giovanna hide the fact that they're actually putting out some quality relabled wheels? That would be like Seiko buying Rolex movements and putting it their watches and proudly stating that it has a Rolex movement...OF COURSE they're going to say it...

Giovanna has a VERY CHEEZY past...and they still make 100% cheezeball knock-offs in their G-Racing line...they have been overcharging for low quality wheels for long time now....cheap cast wheels...as for quality chrome, anyone with $500 can get the same quality chrome job Giovanna does. It's nothing special....

And Giovanna on the same level as HRE? You are SERIOULSY joking, right? That's a good one! They didn't make forged wheels until now (and they still don't "make them") and they're just sourcing it from an outside firm. I too can have my own line of forged wheels from APP if I'm willing to punch out a minimum of 15~20 sets...

Either way, I would be ashamed to put Giovanna wheels on a '82 Corolla....