Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

curious...am i asking for it?

Old 04-17-03, 11:28 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question curious...am i asking for it?

Do you think these are cheap? ghetto? nice? decent? serious opinions really. I have these and just curious what you all think. its a link if you want to look.

www.arelli.com

its the spegia wheel. thanks
Old 04-17-03, 12:44 PM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heard they are kind of heavy. Most of them are ghetto but they do make some not brutally ghetto 2pc-3pc mesh type wheels. I seen an ad with the 3pc mesh wheel on a dropped cinnabar GS, looked sweet but for the price you should be able to get 3pc wheels of higher quality.
Old 04-17-03, 01:19 PM
MasterG
Pole Position

Nice wheels. Good quality. The only opinion that matters is yours. Mesh wheels are too old school BBS looking.
Old 04-17-03, 03:19 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default heavy isn't the word

i would honestly bet they weigh over 30lbs easy. lol..thats too much i think...but i like the chrome look, and how they dip in a tad. there not very ghetto honestly...i seen them on a sc430 in a mag and i just fell for them from that point...but anyone else.
Old 04-19-03, 03:08 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most Arelli wheels are super ghetto....I mean they make these....I would take Old School BBS any day of the week if this is the "New School"....
Attached Thumbnails curious...am i asking for it?-uglypieceofshit.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 04-19-03 at 03:09 AM.
Old 04-19-03, 06:16 AM
legendary
Racer

Let me put it like this:

In Atlanta, there are all types...people with long cheddar, those in between, and then everything else.....

Back in the day, alot of people had them on their old school Impala's, Cutlass', LeSabre's (old and new)Suburbans and older LS400's. That wheel is very 1999ish. Very common, and imo, your Lexus deserves better. I think a GS should be rocking a fat boy setup vs some played out wheels. I never really liked those, but to make it worse, when I see soccer mom's with these on their Dodge Caravan's then I really knew they were too common.

I don't know about you, but I like to be original vs being like everyone else. I think that some Iforged or Gettins or any wheel with a nice set of lips is what your car deserves...dress it up...take your time and do it right...you will thank yourself later. IF you must have those wheels, you can get them for cheap on a wholesale website like www.salesco.com

I think to make your car killer, you should take advantage of a 20x9 and 20x10 setup. Those look SO hot when done correctly. Even the Rezax II's...oh I can go on and on. Look at the cars in the gallery to assist you. I hope that this has. I just am tired of seeing those Arelli wheels on every Pinto, Cadillac and SUV. Well, actually that isn't a problem anymore...now its inches. So folks are getting as many inches under their cars as possible (not always the best either but you know how it goes)

Sorry so long...
Old 04-22-03, 09:57 AM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up well

i do think some arelli wheels are ghetto. The maniak, and assassyn are about the most ghetto wheels made, next to lexani. the 5 spoke type i own are nice imo. it's hard i guess to have a chrome wheel and alot of people not think it is ghetto. Its different on a gs, and especially on this board. I don't think there that ghetto, but there heavy and they **** me off really due to the fact the damn caps break off over time. I paid a decent dollar for these rims. I could have purchased any other type of rim on the market, but i wanted something different. I had some q"s on my cobra mustang, and still do to this day, and i think they look nice on that car. Its just to the point of where when i step out of my vehicle, i check my damn wheels so i know if i am looking stupid with caps missing off my wheels, its hard to sell something as well when there on my car. But i just can't find anything around here to look at in a hard copy form and actually decide if i want to buy anything. Only wheel shops in lexington sell GHETTO wheels...imo...the cheap chrome, spinners and whatnot. But I shall find something not so ghetto. Damn, i never seen my wheels on another vehicle on the road. In florida i seen them on a impala...blahhhh damn my wheels. I never would think someone would look at it and say ghetto..
Old 04-22-03, 10:16 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another ghetto vote. like manaray and fireball, whenever i hear arelli, first and last thought in my head are those stupid assassyns. talk about a wildly ghetto wheel, and from a 3/4 angle you could still see and laugh a block away