Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

I need tire size advise on some 20's!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-03, 04:36 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Verticle.......
Attached Thumbnails I need tire size advise on some 20's!-front-rezax-2.jpg  
Old 04-10-03, 04:36 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Thumbs up Big Ups

Looks great man-I do like the fact that you have some lip protection

D
Old 04-10-03, 04:37 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Here it goes.....
Attached Thumbnails I need tire size advise on some 20's!-rezax-side-2.jpg  
Old 04-10-03, 04:38 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Dougie, Thanks.....
Attached Thumbnails I need tire size advise on some 20's!-rezax-side-3.jpg  
Old 04-10-03, 04:50 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

That's enough...........Stop showing off those Rezax II
Old 04-10-03, 04:57 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

BTW, I forgot to tell you the best part... Even though I have about a 3" drop there's no rubbing at all.....
Old 04-10-03, 05:19 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, you know what? i'm thinking the 275 look a but undersized on yours as well. there's no lip protection really, is there? i might have to snap some pics too
Old 04-10-03, 05:31 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn, now I really dont know what to do!!

Sypher, I think yours look pretty good. the actual sidewall looks like it slants in, but the lip of the rim isnt sticking out like others I have seen. there is something to be said about a 3" drop with no rubbing. Mine is dropped about the same, liners cut out, fenders trimmed, and still some rubbing going on.

HMMMMM, what to do!
Old 04-10-03, 05:49 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah the rear tires are slanted abit but nothing crazy... Also differnt tires have different dimensions and different build therefore will look different when mounted....

Pimp, with all that modding to your wheel wells you still rub, DAMN... Where is it that you rub/hit???

Last edited by MrSypher; 04-13-03 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-10-03, 08:20 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The fronts just rub the plastic liner when turned hard, I pretty much expect that, and it will probably just rub its way through eventually then stop. I did cut out the plastic in a few places, like one or two inch sections where it was originally rubbing.

The rears rub the fender lip right in the middle of the wheel well. I could proabably have it grinded down a little bit to get rid of it, but when they trimmed them down they went as close to the welds that hold the sheet metal together as possible. I dont want to push my luck and grind off the welds.
Old 04-10-03, 08:40 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Well, I don't know if you want to do this but you could put a 245 up front (it'll look like my rear tires) and a 275 in the rear... I bet if you did that most of your rubbing problems will be gone... Like I remember when I was running a 255 up front I would also rub on hard turns, but only when I was reversing is when I'd hear it rub.. And another thing, I'd bet my upcoming Turbo that if I was running a 285 in the rear it would rub too.. As it stands right now if I have 2 people in my back seats, I only have a few millimeters between my tire and the wheelwell... And also that's with the tire being almost fully tucked away..
Old 04-10-03, 09:34 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Thumbs up Wicked Profile

Sypher-

The drop and profile (side shot) of you rig is fantastic. It looks like it handles as if on rails.

But honestly, with the low profiles, drop, etc., don't you have to be extra, extra careful when rollin around town to insure you don't beat her up? Does that drive you crazy to have to gingerly drive the car? I think it might drive me nuts, or am I just over analyizing the whole lowering thing?

D
Old 04-10-03, 09:45 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

To be honest with you, it takes awhile to get used to.. My last set of 20's went through hell and back... All 4 rims were mangled when I took them off... I drove like they were stock 16's with a 55 series tire on them.. Now since I saw how those rims were after I beat the snot out of them I know better... Around town I pretty much know where every pothole and bump is so I'm good.. And when I'm somewhere I don't know the roads I drive crazy slow and I'm super cautious... But on the Highway I'm good to go.. And trust me, I go....
Old 04-10-03, 09:59 PM
GS4DOUGIE
Lead Lap

Default My Fear

That's my biggest fear. Even running on my 19" I get nervous, and I am on stock suspension. I had the wheels on since Feb. and had one instance where I chipped the clear coat. Then I took it to the dealer for service, asked that they use caution with wheels, they test drove it 8 miles and gouged my left front and possibly bent the lip. Still need to resolve that issue with them as they said to bring it in.

Good news was they were tryin to figure out the low idle issue that has been discussed at length on CL. Still have the low idle but I got a new throttle body, injectors out of the deal (warranty). Runs great and idles properly with runnin light on but still too low without

D

PS-What suspension you runnin, and the front bumper mod?? Nice calipers, mod or just red?
Old 04-10-03, 10:14 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: My Fear

Originally posted by GS4DOUGIE
That's my biggest fear. Even running on my 19" I get nervous, and I am on stock suspension. I had the wheels on since Feb. and had one instance where I chipped the clear coat. Then I took it to the dealer for service, asked that they use caution with wheels, they test drove it 8 miles and gouged my left front and possibly bent the lip. Still need to resolve that issue with them as they said to bring it in.

Good news was they were tryin to figure out the low idle issue that has been discussed at length on CL. Still have the low idle but I got a new throttle body, injectors out of the deal (warranty). Runs great and idles properly with runnin light on but still too low without

D

PS-What suspension you runnin, and the front bumper mod?? Nice calipers, mod or just red?
Yeah I had a problem with my tranny a few months back and I ended up getting a new one.. Even though the old tranny had about 12,000 miles on it.. Now for my suspension, I have Tein Coilovers, and also have a L-Sportline bodykit (front, sides and rear)... And the Calipers are just painted.. I'm waiting for Manaray to finish up on the Wilwood project that he's doing so I can have my Big Breaks...

Quick Reply: I need tire size advise on some 20's!