Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

What do you guys think of these?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-03, 07:48 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think of these?

I found these for sale, and I liked how they looked in the picture and seem to be a nice made wheel. I am not sure I should be spending money like this but I always get bored with cars and I always need to buy somethin. I also don't know if they will fit cause I have the eibach kit on there now and the wheels are 20's with 255/35's on there they have a 34mm offset, don't know if they will rub. I like the price and the wheel in the picture but not sure if I like them on my car, I know some of you will say they are ghetto or bling bling or some ***** but I love chrome as long as its classy and the wheels are expensive normally. I am starting to like a wheel with a lip especially if I get a 2nd gen within a couple years but just throwin the idea around.
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys think of these?-drivs.jpg  
Old 03-20-03, 07:50 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default my car

/
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys think of these?-mygswitdrivs.jpg  
Old 03-20-03, 07:53 PM
Seminole GS300
Pole Position

They are a little like something you would see on a g'd out car in the ghetto, but I kinda like them. I am a little partial to rims with lips now, but it's all about what you like. Nobody is going to pay for your car for you, so get whatever your want. Good luck.

Regards,
Kareem
Old 03-20-03, 07:54 PM
Seminole GS300
Pole Position

just saw the pic. Changed my mind. I like them.
Old 03-20-03, 08:14 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

I like the pattern, but the chrome is just too flashy for me..
Old 03-20-03, 09:55 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Hmmm...

I think they look too SUV'ish...
Old 03-21-03, 04:02 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks way ghetto with those wheels in chrome....that's what I would expect to see somewhere in South Central LA with some hood rats driving around like "Yeah beotch, I own a Lexo! Best step da ++++ biznack!" or something to that effect...maybe it's because I live in Los Angeles and I see this type of stuff so often...I need to start carrying around a camera so I can post pictures and you'll see how often I see these...

Don't shop on price...that's how you make mistakes...shop based on what you want on the car, and then worry about getting a good price on it...
Old 03-21-03, 06:55 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default Wheels

Yeah I am not really in love with them either, they look cool in the pic but ahhhhh a lil too flashy. I have to have chrome, no matter what people think about the gangsta look or whatever my theory is why spend all that money on wheels that don't stick out, don't say somethin, its not like I am gonna race the thing but too flashy is too flashy. If I get somethin it will be with a lip. just simple though like some thick 5 stars 19's-20's if they fit. I have a pic with the 5 start dronnels and they look good, and good on the car but almost a sporty design, and these below if the pic was chrome.

Thanks guys,
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys think of these?-mygswitbritanes1.jpg  
Old 03-21-03, 07:25 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A clean 5-spoke is nice...but when you get 20's w/o a lip, it looks "cartoonishly" large...way out of place...

As for your theory...well the way I see, if you *really* have the money to buy the nice things in life, you don't have to try extra hard to stick out and grab attention....why do you wheels need to tell the world "Look at me, I spent big bucks on wheels...look at them dammit!! Nevermind the car!!"...that's like when I see guys at clubs or restaurant that spend their life savings on a super shiny and large $3500 Breitling watch (high polished everything...it's blinding even without diamonds) and they proudly put it in your face and then they go out and drive away in their '92 Honda Accord...

I think being understated is better than trying so hard to be a rap star...it's like a real SpecOps type guy...the hardcore guys don't talk about it, they do it...the punks just talk a lot of crap and they're not even in SpecOps...

Also, a CLASSIC ghetto move (not saying that you're ghetto, I don't know you!) is to buy big chrome wheels (and cheap POS wheels to boot) to put on your POS ride (I see it all the time but sometimes, they're just chrome hubcaps!)...that way, no one will notice that you drive a POS (well, people that are clueless anyways)....I think wheels should compliment a car's overall look, not overpower it. 20" chromies tend to do that...the car drives by an all you notice are "wheels"....when people see your car, you should hear "nice car", not just "nice wheels"...well, that's my opinon anyways...

Also, I think it's specific to the area...some areas have a high "need chrome" index or a high "need neon underbody stupidity" index....
Old 03-21-03, 08:59 AM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default YOUR VIEW

I understand your view, but I think you need to slow down a little on your harsh opinions not that it bothers me this is just a website but slow down that bothers me also. I just like chrome, not to make others notice me it is just my taste, I have liked and had chrome on my car before cribs before all those rappers were showing off cars so if you are refering to me in anyway about wanting to look like a rapstar come on.

Your view is absolutely correct about people buying wheels worth more than their cars and it is rediculous but this thread doesn't have anything to do with that. I don't need big wheels to accent either of my cars, but I do like chrome and I have only heard from people your cars are so beautiful not your wheels are bad. I think I have a very classy/sporty type of style and taste to my cars and do not need to overstate anything but anyways, we have our veiws I was just lookin for an opinion on the wheels not for your view on ghetto a$$es or whatever SpecOps is.

Well thanks for your opinions guys I don't even like them on my car anyways.
Old 03-21-03, 11:20 AM
Mischievious GS
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SpecOps = Special Operation Forces

think along the lines of navy seals. like the ones that go in and kill everything in sight silently and gets the fug out as fast as they can
Old 03-21-03, 01:14 PM
SLVRGS
Lead Lap

Default THANKS

FOR EXPLAINING THE MEANING, BE CAREFUL THOUGH THOSE BIG *** CHROME WHEELS YOU HAVE MIGHT SPARK SOME *****, AHHAHA YOUR CAR IS VERY NICE, GREAT COMBO

I KINDA THOUGHT THOSE RIMS WERE ON 2 MANY CARS AS MANRAY SAYS IN RAP VIDEOS AND STUFF BUT THEY LOOK GREAT ON YOUR CAR.
Old 03-21-03, 01:45 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default funny

I liked the example of a guy sporting a $3500 watch and driving away in a '92 Accord. It makes me think of a guy who drives a Ferrari F360 Modena and lives in a crappy little apartment. Funny stuff.
Old 03-21-03, 02:37 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Chmpgn,

If you like the wheels, BUY THE WHEELS!! The opinions of the people on this board, are nothing but that, OPINIONS!!! I too like chrome rims, and to be honest, I was mad when rappers and cribs started to "blow it up" with DUBS this, Chrome that!! Because many people who dont give a damn about cars the way we do, are now all caught up in the car craze. How many idiots have you heard refer to their rims as 20s, when you ask them for the brand name?? You say, "hey man, what kind of wheels are those?", and he says, "Dubs, dogg!!". I was at the shop having my TVs installed last wknd, and me and a couple guys got on this subject, one of the techs told a pretty funny story. He said that some kid came in a week earlier with a Pirelli fix!! He just kept saying, "I want some rims and Pirellis, rims and Pirellis, Pirellis, Pirellis!!!" When the tech asked him why that brand was so important, he said "because 50 cent be talkin about them Pirellis in his song!!

Thats what I mean, I know who have 20s on their car right now, and do not know what size tires they have, when they need a replacement!

Manaray- you GOTTA stop with those all encompassing, borderline ignorant statements. If you go to a bad neighborhood (race does not matter), you will see IGNORANT things!!! But do not condemn someone for wanting some chrome rims because of that!! When you carry your camera around, take pics of people that have 60" TVs in their 2bdrm apts, or $80,000 cars and $75,000 homes, not just flashy rims! To be honest, you make yourself sound biased, and prone to "stereotypes" when you post! (beeyotch, biznack, etc).

I have wheels that you would consider ghetto, and if you saw me "rollin thru the hood", you would most likely assume that I'm a gangbanger or something. But I'm a corporate manager, for a Fortune 500 company, that articulates his thought in a clear, concise, eloquent manner! And when need be, I can speak slang too. I just happen to think, that if your car is clean, with no dents, and wavy paint, then nice large chrome rims accentuate the positive. That is reason I drop my cars, so that the 20s dont give the RIMs + Car appearance, I like it to look like one big piece.

Next time you post a thread, read it to yourself and apply stereotypes that relate to your race, and you will see what I mean.

Take a Valium kid, its only cars!!!
Old 03-21-03, 02:39 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I could just hear Manaray now!!

"Look at that car, that guy probably has some drugs in the trunk!! He must be some sort of hip hopper, baller type guy"
Attached Thumbnails What do you guys think of these?-car-pic-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of these?