Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

New I-FORGED Wheels for '03!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-03, 03:06 AM
mr who
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New I-FORGED Wheels for '03! -New pics w/o rivets

Stolen from is300.net (since i don't think he/iforged posts here)

new pics on page 4

Last edited by mr who; 03-19-03 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 03:22 AM
TLEX
Lead Lap

Nice wheels. Looks HRE'ish.
Old 03-05-03, 05:12 AM
dagr8tsthustla
Lexus Test Driver

they def look like HRE's....They llok like they made a knock-off versions of them???? Is this good or bad???
Old 03-05-03, 07:20 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by TLEX
Nice wheels. Looks HRE'ish.
I agree, nice looking but very HRE like.
Old 03-05-03, 07:37 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

"I agree, nice looking but very HRE like."

I guess if they are HRE like, why not get the HRE's? I think IF is a tad cheaper maybe that is why we see them popping up a bit. I am sure they are good wheels, but if they are HRE like and almost HRE priced, I guess I would go with the proven name. I remember some bad posts about IF a while back, not sure that the deal was though. One wheels reminds me of a rays\work wheel.

I guess overall it is good to see some more 3pc Forged wheels coming out.

Last edited by jpa2400; 03-05-03 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-05-03, 09:41 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Nice..

I'm really diggin' the seven-spoke, looks like an HRE 648
Old 03-05-03, 11:28 AM
mr who
Lead Lap

The middle one is Auto-Couture'ish... I like it alot.
Old 03-05-03, 01:26 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

hey, i've seen these rims.

i believe they're called:

1. HRE 546
2. Weds Rapier
3. they could keep that design
4. HRE 543
5. HRE 549

even the freaking center cap is extremely similar.

personally, i'm never going near these and would just opt for the orginial HRE
Old 03-05-03, 01:50 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Actually, I like the 3rd one. Looks like a knockoff of the current DAZZ wheel -- which is probably a knockoff of an original Brabus design...
Old 03-05-03, 03:42 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok folks...let me clear a few things up....

First off, the shield design center cap with the border around the outside is NOT unique to HRE, Alpina and Racing Dynamics have that sort of logo for a long time. A lot of european companies use this look. iForge's main focus has been european cars up to this point...hence the logo.

Alpina

Racing Dynamics

Secondly, the designs that people are saying they're knock-offs...not really, take a look at wheel #3 and then look at the Brabus wheel and the AutoCouture wheel...while they are all similar, they are not knock-offs of each other. The #2 and the MAE's (and the Rays, etc., etc.)are also similar, but not knock-offs.

The last two wheels have a different # of spokes compared to the HRE wheels. If you look at these wheels in person, you will see that they don't share the same profile as the HRE's.

What makes these wheels great is that they are quality 3-piece forged wheels (they also do2-piece)...with REASONABLE prices...they list for UNDER $4400 in 20" with practically any finish...very reasonable!

To let the cat out of the bag, iForged are the new wheels that are going on my GS...my SC will also be getting some iForged wheels...

Peter @ Wheel Experts can hook a good deal on these!

Last edited by Manaray; 03-05-03 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 04:30 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

no one said they were knock-offs. i came closest by a long shot, but i still think they are extremely similar, same number of spokes or not.

and as for the logo, i still think that it too is very similar. sure, many companies use the coat of arms thing, but in greyscale as well? i'd think they would go a little more out of their way and differentiate their product from and established name.

had i seen these at a glance on the road, they'd me HRE in my mind is what i'm saying
Old 03-05-03, 06:37 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So Manaray, you are saying that HRE's prices are unreasonable?
Old 03-05-03, 07:07 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bravo, bro, I wasn't singling you out. I'm just letting people know what the deal is...trust me, if I thought they were knockoff-ish, I wouldn't have put them on my car! Also, you have to see them in person, you'll see that the profile of the wheel is quite different from HRE...the center portion doesn't "dip" in as much as HRE's and that allows for deeper lips...and we all like deep lips!

As for the grey scale, that's is because the center caps are acid etched...you can't do color with that sort of process since it eats into the aluminum...there is no color or dyes involved.

Personally, if it were me, I would have done a more Japanese style centercap (cuz I like that style) but you have to remember that their main market (as of right now ) is the european market and this style of cap is right up their alley. To date, I think the Weds Kranze center caps are the best looking center caps...

Kenjitsou - Well Yes and No, I think the 540R series is priced ok (especially since no one pays retail)...the 840's on the other hand are a little too pricey IMO I have always liked the "no bolt" look of 2-piece wheels and 3-piece wheels like Fikse but I think the 840R series is just a little too much money.

The "reasonable" was ment more as a comparsion to most other wheels (like Work, Rays, etc...) since most people's budgets are more in that type of price range...and you guys have to remember that these wheels are FORGED (from the same supplier as HRE, Fikse, etc...).

pvmike - which Dazz wheel are you talking about?

Last edited by Manaray; 03-05-03 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 07:52 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I personally think they are sweet wheels, they look like a good quality wheel. BUT, you cant say that they dont look like HRE's(wether thats good or bad), dip or no dip, they look like HRE's. That being said, if they are a quality forged wheel, I would by them, and I have HRE's now.

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 03-05-03 at 07:54 PM.
Old 03-05-03, 11:49 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

manaray,

you're much more in the loop about these them i am, but dip or not, they just look so much like HRE. their senekas, which i have seen, aren't that pretty. but as turbo said, by virtue of them looking like HRE, they are sweet wheels. so, when you talk about this dip, does that mean the spokes aren't as bowed? that bowed spoke, especially the mesh, sure isn't my thing.

and i whole-heartedly agree, that weds cap is wildy intricate.

Quick Reply: New I-FORGED Wheels for '03!