Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > The Tire Rack's Tires, Wheels & Brakes Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

paint code for volk rays?

Old 06-17-14, 10:56 PM   #1
drkandre
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default paint code for volk rays?

Hey guys, jumping over from the es threads. I have some volk rays from an is300, with the blue and silver center caps. Long story short, I got them second hand and I want to repair the curb rash. Anyone have an idea of what the paint code/color is?
Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
drkandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 12:46 AM   #2
604GSE21
Driver

good luck on finding the code cuz wheel companies don't usually give out paint code and i am in the same boat, i am looking for paint code for my wheels too... u better off take the wheels to a automotive paint supplies shop that can use a computer to paint match it or take the wheel to a wheel repair shop, usually wheel repair shop matches the color pretty good...
604GSE21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 06:09 AM   #3
DKIS350
Driver School Candidate

I would stop in to a body shop with a wheel...they can usually match it using color chips and what is often called a "sun gun".
DKIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 07:47 AM   #4
drkandre
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604GSE21 View Post
good luck on finding the code cuz wheel companies don't usually give out paint code and i am in the same boat, i am looking for paint code for my wheels too... u better off take the wheels to a automotive paint supplies shop that can use a computer to paint match it or take the wheel to a wheel repair shop, usually wheel repair shop matches the color pretty good...
Thanks for the reply, was thinking I'd have to take one to get it colormatched. The last time I took one of the wheels to get repaired, for being bent, they did a not so good job. They left the valve stem in so they couldnt reshape the lip to the right contour. Also ground off the forged stamp. They did however straighten the wheel pretty well
Old 06-18-14, 07:48 AM   #5
drkandre
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKIS350 View Post
I would stop in to a body shop with a wheel...they can usually match it using color chips and what is often called a "sun gun".
Alright thanks for the help. These wheels have been hard to find, let alone get info on. Been searching for the fourth center cap forever...
Old 06-18-14, 07:48 AM