Summer Tires Recommendation for 2011 IS 250 F-Sport
Just curious, what would be a good summer tire recommendations for this vehicle? I am planning to get new tires to replace the stock Bridgestone ER33s (yikes, very noisy!!).
I know Michelin Pilot Super Sport would be the ideal choice but I am looking at other ones to possibly save on cost. Is there any input about the the other Bridgestone summer tires?
2011 USB/Black IS 250 F Sport/F-Sport High Flow Air Filter/Philips Ultinon 6000K D4S and Xenon HID Conversion Kit 6500K H1 Projectors/3M Venture Shield/JLC Lighting/JDM Aero Underbody Panels/F1 Pinnacle 35 and 40/Llumar Air Blue 80
2007 BWB/Light Gray IS 250 AWD/F-Sport High Flow Air Filter/Philips Ultinon 6000K D4S (Sold)
Bridgeston S04 Pole Position and Continental DW are 90% the performance of PSS but 66% of the price. S04 and DW are close in performance and price but I would rather pick DW because the S04s weigh 25% more than DW.
15 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack, Navi
14 IS350 Nebula Gray/Rioja Red + FSport + ML/Nav + JoeZ Intake/Exhaust
06 IS350 Crystal White/Black + Sport/ML + 2014 IS F Sport Wheels
If you want "summer tires" only, a good one will be Hankook v12 which performance like the Michelin PSS but half its price, and then Continental DW. No matter what summer tires you choose, the tread life will be around 15k to 30k miles.
I would suggest going with "Ultra high performance all season tires" because:
1. They are more comfortable.
2. They make less noise.
3. Some such as the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 handles better than max performance summer tires.
4. Tread life is much better. They usually offer 45k to 50k miles warranty.
In this category, I would recommend:
1. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.
2. Continental DWS. I recently have them and they are by far the MOST comfortable and quiet. Handling is still good but not as great as summer tires. On the wet surface, this is by far one of the best and has been confirmed by Tirerack testing and others.
Go with the hankook v12 evo2. I just got a pair in the front and the grip is amazing. I have the older v12 evo's in the rear and have never had any issues. They are also great in the rain. I used to have Michelin pilot sport a/s but from my own experience you won't be able to take corners as fast as you can with dedicated summer tires; you will however have exceptional traction in the rain with the pilot sport a/s.