Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Need help with these used rims/wheels Im interested in buying

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-14, 10:17 PM
Blk03GS430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help with these used rims/wheels Im interested in buying

I am a newbie when it comes to rims/wheels and I have some questions I like to ask you rims/wheels experts. I tried searching for answers but I couldnt find any for my specific situation. I have a 2003 GS430 and I have a friend that wants to sell me his 20" chrome rims from his Infiniti G35.

I was wondering what modifications or parts do I need to buy to get the wheels to fit properly. I noticed that the threads where you mount the lug nuts seems short as you can see in the picture. I not sure if that is normal. I also noticed the center hole of the rim is slightly bigger than the round/circle of the hub/rotor of the car.

How much will it cost me to get the rims to fit and in your opinion is it even worth it for me to spend money on getting them to fit? I just want to be able to mount them on and use them without having to roll fenders or do anything extra. I just want to use these rims for a year or so until I find nicer rims.

In your opinion is this a good deal? $500 for all 4 wheels with 245/40 R20 99VXL tires that have about 65% tread left. What would be a great price for this set so that I can try to talk him down to?

I do not have lug nuts that fit the wheels. All I know is that the oem lug nuts will not fit. Can someone suggest decent quality lug nuts that are cheap that I can use to just mount the rims.

I know the brand of these wheels are Enkei but does anyone know what is the specific name of this rim so I can compare the price of them brand new. Is this a decent quality rim or should I stay away?

I do apologize that I do not know the exact details of the rims/wheels like the offset, etc but I have included some pictures of the inside and outside of the rims/wheels.

Thank you to everyone for your time and help in advance.
Attached Thumbnails Need help with these used rims/wheels Im interested in buying-image.jpg  
Old 03-19-14, 10:19 PM
Blk03GS430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another picture
Attached Thumbnails Need help with these used rims/wheels Im interested in buying-image.jpg