Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

What tires do you like for a ES350

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-13, 05:16 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Default What tires do you like for a ES350

I have a 2007 ES350
the tires on it now at BridgeStone Turanza
i belive they are the 215 size in the 17 inch

they seem ok
but wondering what others use
i only have these because they came with the car

for the past 10 years i keep tired on that come with the car untill its time to change them but i always go with Michelin after that
normal the Symmetry is what i went with then i upgraded a few years back to the Hydroege now those are not made anymore id probably switch to the Defender witch is new

but what is it that seems to be the best you have liked ?
Old 02-04-13, 08:06 AM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Best touring tire, IMO, Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus...

The factory Turanza's are just so-so... The Serenity's are a million times better...
Old 02-04-13, 05:56 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

cool thanks

one thing i know i never go cheap on is tires because well it comes down to saftey brand does mean alot with tires
Old 02-06-13, 04:59 PM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus and the Michelin Primacy MXV4 for the ES. Defender would work as well in the V speed rating but not as quiet and smooth as the other two.

Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus

Michelin Primacy MXV4

Old 02-26-13, 12:16 AM
Hawaii60
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
Best touring tire, IMO, Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus...

The factory Turanza's are just so-so... The Serenity's are a million times better...
Recently put a set of the Serenity Plus on my LS600hL. Huge difference from the stock Turanza which came with the car.
Old 02-26-13, 05:50 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

right now im between the Turanza and the primacy next month i will be getting new tires and just not sure witch one to get im going to look for a shop that has the ride satasfaction guarntee like we had up in ohio where if you where not happy with your tires you can come back and exchange them to a different tire with in 30 days of purchase
Old 02-27-13, 07:08 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

All Bridgestone and Firestone tires have this (save commercial duty and one or two specific tires), regardless of where you buy them...
Old 03-24-13, 06:38 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Well i ended up finishing my Tire Shopping yesterday took a few weeks but finally decided on what i wanted after reading reviews and ratings
had thought about the Pirreli P6 all season the Cooper CS4 Bridgestone Turraza Serenity plus
Michelin Primacy MXV4 The Energy MXV4
i decided on the Primacy MXV4
and i got a great price
on 4 at Tirekingdom
factory size 215-55-17 Michelin Primacy MXV4 799.99 out the door after taxes with Road Hazard and lifetime balance i also got the 70 dollar mail in rebate to send in and a 25 dollar mail in rebate for using my Tire Kingdom Credit card so im looking at a total of like 705 dollars after all is said and done for 4 top of the line tires
Old 03-24-13, 04:15 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

You will be happy with those... Out of all your options, it and the Serenity's are the best two options, can't go wrong with either...
Old 03-27-13, 08:37 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure why but I find the Bridgestone Turanza Serentiy plus to be quite harsh over bumps and some choppy highways with my GS Fsport. Terrible flat spotting no matter how warm outside it is and what tire pressure I have. There was this irritating howling sound at 55 mph exactly and some ppl have complained about this on tirerack.com

I switched to the Michelin Primacy MXM4 and I have not seen any of this characteristics that were felt on the Bridgestone serenity plus on the Primacy MXM4 tires which is in my opinion the best all round tire. I am not advocating brands like mitsu guys does with bridgestone all the time......
Old 03-27-13, 08:51 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Originally Posted by Rexus300
Not sure why but I find the Bridgestone Turanza Serentiy plus to be quite harsh over bumps and some choppy highways with my GS Fsport. Terrible flat spotting no matter how warm outside it is and what tire pressure I have. There was this irritating howling sound at 55 mph exactly and some ppl have complained about this on tirerack.com

I switched to the Michelin Primacy MXM4 and I have not seen any of this characteristics that were felt on the Bridgestone serenity plus on the Primacy MXM4 tires which is in my opinion the best all round tire. I am not advocating brands like mitsu guys does with bridgestone all the time......
I don't just advocate Bridgestone, I like a lot of the Michelin tires as well...

I've actually driven those two tires back to back on identical cars and like the Serenity Plus much better.

I wonder if you didn't get a bad tire. It happens with all brands, Bridgestone definitely included...

What do you mean flat spotting? I've definitely never felt that in an Serenity / Plus tire and I've driven probably a hundred different sets over the years...
Old 03-27-13, 08:59 PM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mitsuguy
I don't just advocate Bridgestone, I like a lot of the Michelin tires as well...

I've actually driven those two tires back to back on identical cars and like the Serenity Plus much better.

I wonder if you didn't get a bad tire. It happens with all brands, Bridgestone definitely included...

What do you mean flat spotting? I've definitely never felt that in an Serenity / Plus tire and I've driven probably a hundred different sets over the years...
Thats all right. When I meant by flat spotting, this is what happens
1). In the morning when driving to work after the car sits overnight and temp were 65-80 degrees last summer, I would feel and see my seat and steering shake a bit at high frequency around 45-55 mph while the tires warmed up and smoothen out after 4-5 miles.
2). In the afternoon when the car sits for 6-7 hours at work in open parking lot, I would drive off and get similar vibration but less and it would go away after few miles.
3). When the car sits outside overnight the flat spots are so bad.

I got excellent road force balance with numbers in the 2lbs to 8 lbs total for all 4 wheels so they balanced perfectly. Someone else complained of this symptom on the their LS460.
I do not get this as much with my Michelins even in colder weather 30-40 degrees. Polyamide is superior on the michelin compared to the nylon belt on the bridgestones that increase flat spots.
Old 03-27-13, 09:33 PM
mitsuguy
Maintenance Moderator

Interesting about your flat spotting... haven't experienced that in a long time, even my RE960's, which are notably higher performance rated than Serenity's and I used to drive them in the snow even...

Aside from that, your statement about polyamide vs nylon, but nylon is a polyamide. The terms can be used almost interchangeably when it comes to tire construction.
Old 03-28-13, 10:58 AM
Rexus300
Lexus Champion

http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/roll-o...s-to-polyamide

There is some difference in nylon vs polyamide. I spoke to Michelin reps and their developers whom showed me the compound organic chemistry difference between their version of polyamide and the standard nylon used in other tires. Not sure what to believe but from my experience it proves their theory above.
Old 04-27-13, 07:08 PM
Snoope
Driver School Candidate

A little late to this "dance" but instead of creating a second thread for an ES 300...

We have the Primacys on front ( OP put GT's on back,not quite sure why ?) and Before our summer driving season starts I will put 4 tires on...

I have had great luck with both Michelin and General tires assorted throughout our Toyota purchases , both getting great performance and mileage wear...

My question would be, for an all-season tire on the heavier ES ( over my XLE) ,stay true to the Michelin and purchase the Primacys again or does anyone have good/bad too say about the General Altimax HP ??? Tire size is 215/60/16 and we are in NH....Car does not move in deep snow but it will need traction/safety during and after the storm...

I will NOT run 2 sets for true snow tires...my Tacoma will handle anything outside the Lexus "comfort" zone BUT want a tire to give performance and longevity...Yes, I pay more but that is rewarded by mileage & wear..

Quick Reply: What tires do you like for a ES350