Taking apart rims? - Club Lexus Forums

Taking apart rims?

Old 07-26-13, 07:35 PM   #1
Lexus Champion
Default Taking apart rims?

Hello everyone. I'd like to take my rims apart to more comfortably polish the lip as well as plasti dip the center sections. The question I have is can I take them apart and if so does anyone know what to torque these hex bolts back too?? Here is a picture of my rims and please if you advise against taking rims apart just let me know. Excuse it being jacked up it is the only picture with decent enough quality of the rim.

ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-13, 07:54 PM   #2
Lead Lap

IF they are true 2/3 piece you may be able to take them apart AND if theyre not welded.

dont limit your search to CL, google that ****.
off the top of my head 25 ft lbs comes to my head. but that could be wrong. i have it saved somewhere.

wheels can easily be rebuilt/restored/dis & reassembled at home. and any one who tells you not to do it (but hasnt done it themselves) should be quiet.

gotta run ill come back ltr
Dawa is offline   Reply With Quote