Guys, I drive an F10 M5 at home in Miami, but I bought my mom a Lexus GS460 F-Sport a few years ago and had it fitted with Michelin Pilot Sport tires. The car has 345hp, Active Suspension which I usually run in sport mode, EPS with variable assist tied to the sport/normal mode.
My parents are in Atlanta so they get occasional snow and they care about tire durability more than I do (I'm lucky to get 15k miles out of PSS on the M5).
Anyway the PSS tires on the parents Lexus were low, so while I was visiting Atlanta, I replaced them on Friday with Michelin PS AS3s. This is the new tire which replaces the PS AS+. Amazingly Discount Tire had them in stock in the local store for well below Tire Rack prices.
I happened to be staying with my parents over the weekend, and have driven 150 miles over the weekend on them. Initial impressions are fantastic:
- Grip levels - not at level of PSS but similar to PS2. Solid grip, car feels predictable in corners. You can push these tires in the corners and they respond well.
-Traction - no issues putting down 345hp without traction control kicking in
- Turn-in response - excellent, much better than ps2 almost same as PSS.
- ride quality - excellent - better than pas
- noise - very quiet tires. Seem quieter than the PSS but it could be an illusion since the PSS were pretty worn before I replaced them.
- overall impression - if you care even an iota about tread wear or all season ability but still want a max performance tire- this is the tire for you. If you care only about performance and couldn't give a hoot about snow or tread wear, then stick to the PSS (as I will for my own cars in Miami).
Havent had an opportunity to test them in the rain, but if there is any in the next 2 days I will update the review. Otherwise it will have to wait till a future trip to ATL.
PS I emailed Tire Rack several times about this tire and they kept telling me not to expect it until late 2013. Once the tire was released last week they didn't even bother to follow up if I wanted a set. Pretty poor sales effort there - they missed out on a solid pre-order opp since I had bought the previous PSS set from Tire Rack.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
____________________________ 2014 BMW M5 Individual Frozen Grey w Opal White full leather 2015 Jaguar F Type R Coupe Polaris White w Red Full leather 2015 Tesla Model X (on order)