Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Are 40 holes Lips Universal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 08:43 AM
JSC4
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Are 40 holes Lips Universal?

So I have a 19" Wald Duchatelet 3 peice and I am trying to change the lips to wider ones.

I have an offer off someone in VSC for a 4" Lips but it came off a Garson wheel. I am waiting for the model.

So my question is: Will it work together? Both are 40 holes but the measurement between holes, I will have to check and post back.

Also will other brand lips work? Ie. Work, SSR, Etc?

Any authorized dealer here that sells custom lips for the Wald Duchatelet that doesnt cost too much?

Any other things I should be aware about?

Thanks guys for your help !
Old 05-24-13, 11:58 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

From my understanding, 40 bolt holes are present in 18 and 19 reverse lips. The bolt holes are an industry standard so the bolt holes should line up given they have the same number.

I don't under what VSC means, but the Garson wheels I've seen are reverse lips (non-step). Given that they have the same number of bolts, the bolts should line up. What you should really be concerned about is the inner diameter of the lip i.e. Weds have a larger inner diameter than Works; Racinghart/Lowenhart/Enkei have a larger inner diameter than Weds etc etc. This is important because if the inner diameter is incorrect, the face will NOT sit flush with lip.

I personally have not yet got a chance to rebuild a Garson, Wald or SSR wheel so I cant really tell you what works with what. Your best bet is to contact a wheel repair/refurbisher or a vendor that sells lips that has experience with these brands i.e. MC3 Wheels, Wheelflip, VRWheels etc...

Hope this helps and good luck on the build.
Old 05-24-13, 12:16 PM
JSC4
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG Thanks a lot ! that Faces not sitting flush completely slipped my mind !