Fairly new to CL and love the wealth of info available here. I just purchased a 2001 GS 430 and am looking to replace the 20" Sevas 3-piece wheels on it. In addition to the horror stories I have read about Sevas, the chrome is beginning to peel and one lip is bent. Rather than fixing an already suspect product, I figured it may be time to go another direction.
Here is my current set-up:
* Front: 20 x 8.5 (Falken 245/30ZR20's)
* Rear: 20 x 10 (Falken 285/25ZR20's)
* Stop Tech BBK
* Tein Coilovers
* Full body kit
I really like the look and fitment of the current package and would like something similar going-forward. Since money is a little tight, I am leaning toward a one-piece wheel (but could be swayed otherwise.) Also, this is my daily driver and the streets in my area are harsh... I am thinking I may need a little more sidewall on the tires.
* What type of offset should I be considering? (BBK and daily driver... nothing too aggressive.)
* I like the chrome look (I guess I'm old-school and the car is white), but is peeling always an issue eventually? Should I consider a polished or machined look?
* What brands should I be considering on a $2K-$2.5K budget?
* Tires - will a different aspect ratio (sidewall) make much of a difference in the ride? If so, what sizes would you recommend? (assuming 20x8.5 and 20x10 again)
Sorry for all the questions, but I know there is a ton of knowledge around here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated... and links to wheels are encouraged! Thanks.