Advice Please: Newbie looking for staggered set-up on 2nd Gen GS430
Fairly new to CL and love the wealth of info available here. I just purchased a 2001 GS 430 and am looking to replace the 20" Sevas 3-piece wheels on it. In addition to the horror stories I have read about Sevas, the chrome is beginning to peel and one lip is bent. Rather than fixing an already suspect product, I figured it may be time to go another direction.
Here is my current set-up:
* Front: 20 x 8.5 (Falken 245/30ZR20's)
* Rear: 20 x 10 (Falken 285/25ZR20's)
* Stop Tech BBK
* Tein Coilovers
* Full body kit
I really like the look and fitment of the current package and would like something similar going-forward. Since money is a little tight, I am leaning toward a one-piece wheel (but could be swayed otherwise.) Also, this is my daily driver and the streets in my area are harsh... I am thinking I may need a little more sidewall on the tires.
* What type of offset should I be considering? (BBK and daily driver... nothing too aggressive.)
* I like the chrome look (I guess I'm old-school and the car is white), but is peeling always an issue eventually? Should I consider a polished or machined look?
* What brands should I be considering on a $2K-$2.5K budget?
* Tires - will a different aspect ratio (sidewall) make much of a difference in the ride? If so, what sizes would you recommend? (assuming 20x8.5 and 20x10 again)
Sorry for all the questions, but I know there is a ton of knowledge around here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated... and links to wheels are encouraged! Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
We'll track down a few options for you that will work with your current requirements, including Big Brake Kit clearance, a softer ride, chrome/polished finish, and your budget.
In the meantime, do you have any preferences as far as style goes, aside from the finish? For example, are you partial to a 5-spoke look, or mesh? Does it have to have a deep dish/lip or concave look to the face?
Leaning toward the 5-spoke look again, although mesh is growing on me (I always liked the OEM G-Spider's Lexus offered.) I like the concave appearance that seems to be hot now, but it is not a "must have." The deep dish/lip is not as important, but would be a bonus if we could find something that met my needs. And with a little more thought, I think I'm certainly leaning toward chrome.
At the end of the day, looking for a nice, clean, quality product that's going to hold up to daily use. TIA!