Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheels BOUTIQUE "DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM" READ !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-02, 11:40 AM
Swing913
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels BOUTIQUE "DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM" READ !!!

Hey all CL Members, do not place any orders with Wheels Boutique, at least, I would never do it again. I placed an order of a set of wheels from Wheels Boutique on NOV, 8th, 2002. I found out that their price was not the best so I call in on Nov, 9th, 2002 to cancel my order. Carlos said that he has cancel the order for me so that was fine. After that, I keep checking my credit card statement and guess what, they charged my credit card on the 8th immediately and nothing was refunded to me up till now. And this is 3 weeks, I have been calling them about the refund that they should make and all they say was that "it will take a couple of more days" and Carlos's answer was "it usually take 10-14 business days". However, 10-14 business days excluding weekends have passed already and I still didn't get the refund. For now, I have already filed a FRAUD Complaint with my credit company about them. I would call them again and ask them what's going on today and hope they will give me a better answer. If anyone knows what I can do, pls give me advises, thanx.
Old 12-04-02, 11:53 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is always 2 sides to a story
Old 12-04-02, 11:56 AM
Swing913
Pole Position

what do you mean?
Old 12-04-02, 12:30 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Swing913,

I placed an order with them in the past and they called to say the rims were on backorder. They never charged my card and cancelled the order immediately. Not a problem at all.

Sometimes the credit card processing is done by a 3rd party and it could be completely out of WheelBoutiques handling.

Most importantly, if you paid via credit card you are protected from fraud anyway. Just call and get it resolved with them or your CC company.

MW
Old 12-04-02, 01:31 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Carlos has my vote of confidence. He got me a fifth wheel (20" Dronell CA-05) when I had my accident and charged a very fair price. He was also very responsive to my emails concerning status of the transaction as well. Not to mention the fact that this wheel is discontinued. Seems like a stand-up guy if you ask me.

As genearch said, at least let the man reply before posting a huge "DO NOT BUY FROM" thread in the lobby.
Old 12-05-02, 03:19 AM
GuessMoDeL
Driver School Candidate

I just ordered the 20 inch special from carlos and my impression is that he is a knowledgable good guy. I PMed him about 8 times for the wheels and he wrote me back everytime. Also he gave me a good price with the tires And a expected delivery date (10 days).

Last edited by GuessMoDeL; 12-05-02 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-05-02, 11:35 AM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

Mr. Charles did you forget to mention to everybody that you made me order you TWO SPECIAL ORDER WHEELS BEFORE YOU CHANGED YOU MIND TWICE!!!!!! I now have two sets of wheels that were for you sitting in my warehouse collecting dust because you couldn't make up your mind. Also I did not even charge you any restocking fee for these orders which is generally 25%. Also at the time you ordered I was away at SEMA and didnt return for a week which delayed your process. (I never even charges you until I came back)Also process we go through for cancelled orders it that we must wait to recieve the funds which will take about 3-4 BUSINESS days and then I can process the paper work for a refund which in total might take up to 10 BUSINESS days. I apologize for the delay but things have been rather hectic around here and it might have delayed the process with the holidays We never intended to keep you money but you must understand that we have policies and procedures we follow. And I also find it very disrespectful for you to try to Damage my image with fellow CL members because you NEVER MADE UP YOUR MIND OR DECIDED TO SHOP AROUND AFTER YOU ORDERED WHEELS FROM ME!!!!
I hope this clears all the problems up! Carlos
Old 12-05-02, 11:53 AM
J.P.
Boardroom Thug

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I said, there is two sides to a story, or three

I am all for reporting bad vendors but I am tired of people popping up on here trying to talk down about a vendor, dealer etc.. then when you find out the other side of the story your like WHAT?? Being a business owner I see these things all the time, and most of the time I cannot believe what the consumer is thinking\trying to do.

Everyone posts on here about some ridiculous scenario how the vendor practically stole the money from their bank account, what it comes down to is the consumer is doing some stupid shiet or have no idea how a business is ran and doesn't understand how credit card processing works etc....

SO they come on here and try to discredit someone, but damn they would never tell the whole story because it would show how idiotic they acted.

Anyway....
Old 12-05-02, 12:45 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default standard business practice

When I read the first post, the scenario sounded like standard business practice because 1) a deposit was required and 2) the order was cancelled. I used to work in finance/credit and crediting back takes time on the credit card company's side. The first poster should have slammed his credit card company for being inefficient. They all are. Instead, he comes on here and slams a vendor with a good reputation. No class. If you're going to be a lowballer, you might want to do your comparison shopping before placing an order with a business.
Old 12-05-02, 12:50 PM
aldo23
Pole Position

Default just my 2cents..

I had a similar problem w/ some guy in miami. I put money down on some rims, and luckily for me the rims weren't there, but i did put a deposit(Zenetti mystiques). Well the next day i decide to call my friend, luckily he could get the same rims for a cheaper price. So i told the guy I wanted my money back, not b/c i could get them cheaper, just b/c i couldnt afford it at the time. The point is i called the guy a few times, and after 3weeks i got my money back. So 2 things, 1)make sure u get the best deal, inotherwords do ur homework, 2)just relax, refunds always take a long time..