Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Tire rack international order. Payment lack of options ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-12, 08:33 AM
V300Graham
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Tire rack international order. Payment lack of options ?

Hi Tire Rack,

I'm currently dealing with Larry who has very ably answered my questions about product and prices and shipping, (Hi Larry) but I still have one problem.

Q.
Why does Tire rack insist on a bank wire fund transfer when I have a working credit card here that was used last week in Boston MA with no problem ? I also have a paypal account too. I like the convenience and accountability that a credit card transaction or paypal affords me, and I can't remember ever wiring money to anyone as I'm only 42.
Old 05-11-12, 11:30 AM
V300Graham
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, Tire rack have tried and failed to complete the transaction citing deal with my credit card. I'll have to go elsewhere. It's too much of a struggle to make international orders with this company.

I am trying to verify your recent order with The Tire Rack. We have received a "pending" or "temporary" authorization on the funds, however, I am having difficulty verifying your name and billing information with the issuing bank that handles your credit card.

As an internet based company we are required by Visa/Mastercard to do name and address verification with the issuing bank that handles your credit card. Unfortunately the issuing bank that handles your credit card does not do verification with merchants, either due to bank policy or privacy laws. When this happens we do require another form of payment such as a wire transfer, which I am providing you the information on. Once we receive the wire transfer we will process your order for shipment.
I've never had this problem before, anywhere...... Oh well.
So long Tire Rack.
Old 05-14-12, 01:34 PM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize for the inconvenience but every international order has to be verified with the bank that issued the card and if verification can not be done the money wire transfer is the only option we can offer. As you can imagine shipping internationally comes at some risks and The Tire Rack just has a really strict policy for international credit cards. There are certain countries where fraud is so prevalent that we can not even offer the option to take a credit card, and every order must be a wire transfer. But I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.