Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Free Nitto Motivo Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-12, 02:13 PM
pibob
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Free Nitto Motivo Tires?

Nitto is looking for volunteers to test and review Nitto’s latest tire: the Motivo.
This is from the ad on this site.
Has anyone received their free tires? I responded to this 2 months ago and have not heard a thing from NITTO. I hope this is real and not some come on to get us to buy tires. If anyone gets the tires let the rest of know. My tire size 245/45/18 and have the OEM 18" chromed wheels on my 2004 LS430 which is one of the sizes that are offering. My car only has 44,000 on it, so it would be an excellent candidate.
Waiting for my new tires to review.

Last edited by pibob; 04-29-12 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-30-12, 07:41 AM
peteyx
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a retired Saudi Prince. I will give you 4 free tires if you help me get my inheritance ($8,796,902,749,829,237,207.03) out of the country. Just send me your social security number and $2307.89 in cash.
Old 04-30-12, 10:39 AM
boilerroom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am prince Akeem from Zamunda..if you can come to Queens I shall give you 4 free tires.
Old 04-30-12, 11:46 AM
pibob
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by peteyx
I am a retired Saudi Prince. I will give you 4 free tires if you help me get my inheritance ($8,796,902,749,829,237,207.03) out of the country. Just send me your social security number and $2307.89 in cash.
Former Prince Pete, THE CHECK IS IN THE MAIL. SEND TIRES ASAP
Old 04-30-12, 11:58 AM
pibob
Rookie

Current Prince Boilerroom AKA Akeem, I don't have to go to NY for Queens, we have plenty of them here in California. If you need some let me know I will send the Queens to you in Mi.
As for the tires send ASAP, I'll mail you a check later, not to worry
Old 05-02-12, 09:21 PM
DocDenver
Driver School Candidate

Hey I want some free tires! Give me your address in Queens Prince, sir.
Old 05-03-12, 04:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

The ad is for a chance / competition

"3 - Complete the form and tell us why we should select you for the tire sampling program."

http://experiencemotivo.com/?ib=m208
Old 05-03-12, 10:00 AM
F.Brown
Rookie

Pibob, I have no insight in to the advertised opportunity to test Nitto tires. However, I’m not sure the following is a good selling point “My car only has 44,000 on it, so it would be an excellent candidate.”

Tires are meant to be driven on…therefore, if you’re testing them, you would want to let someone know things like you have long commutes to and from work via the highway and that you drive your car around the city. Additionally, maybe you live in a city that gets frequent inclement weather and you drive down gravel roads from time to time. Mention stuff like that if possible. Definitely do not tell them that your car has been average 5500 miles since 2004. That makes you an excellent candidate for testing a new dust repellant for garage kept cars, not for testing out tires! I average about 2000 miles per month, on staggered 20s…yikes!

According to the Federal Highway Administration, current as of 4 April 2011, the age male between 20-34 drives 17,976 miles and the average male between 35-54 drives 18,858 yearly. It would take you four years to hit those numbers! I bet your car is in immaculate condition. Good luck with winning the tires!
Old 05-04-12, 02:38 PM
boilerroom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DocDenver
Hey I want some free tires! Give me your address in Queens Prince, sir.
I work at the McDowells on Queens Blvd Near Broadway.- come visit any time!
Old 05-05-12, 11:19 AM
pibob
Rookie

I think all of you missed the point of my post. HAS ANYONE RECIEVED THE FREE TIRES?
I was not asking anyone of this thread for the free tires or jokes. I only wanted to know if anyone has recieved the tires from Nitto.
Old 05-05-12, 11:22 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

bob,

It's a very low odds promotional contest with over 1.5 million people entering from the looks of it. Not sure what your expectations are, this is like posting 'did anyone get your publishers clearinghouse check yet?'.... but I'm sure there is a way to contact Nitto on their site to find out who the winners are once the contest is over.

Regardless, not related to the LS430 (what this forum is for!), so moving.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 05-05-12 at 11:26 AM.
Old 05-15-12, 03:28 PM
moolman
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw this post but wanted to say that Nitto sent me a set of Motivos after I responded to the ad. I actually saw the ad on a Honda Fit website and submitted an app for my Honda Fit and my Lexus HS250. They don't make the tire size for the Honda Fit, so I got an approval for the Motivos for the HS.

It was a fairly simple process, someone from Nitto sent me an email verifying the address I had initally given them. I approved the address and I got the tires in 2 days by FedEx. Took them to Discount Tire and got them installed for $100. Not a bad deal, my old tires were getting pretty worn out so this saved me some $$$. The best part is that the tires are actually half decent. The requirement was that I write a review and post on some forums that I visit and I did post one on here at clublexus.

Bottomline for the tire is that it's equivalent to the Contiental DWS which is a great tire too but is suppose to last an extra 10K miles. Well, I'll let you know in about 4 years if they actually do or not haha..I have the DWS on my Honda Fit and both grip very well in wet weather.
Old 07-30-12, 01:04 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moolman
Just saw this post but wanted to say that Nitto sent me a set of Motivos after I responded to the ad. I actually saw the ad on a Honda Fit website and submitted an app for my Honda Fit and my Lexus HS250. They don't make the tire size for the Honda Fit, so I got an approval for the Motivos for the HS.

It was a fairly simple process, someone from Nitto sent me an email verifying the address I had initally given them. I approved the address and I got the tires in 2 days by FedEx. Took them to Discount Tire and got them installed for $100. Not a bad deal, my old tires were getting pretty worn out so this saved me some $$$. The best part is that the tires are actually half decent. The requirement was that I write a review and post on some forums that I visit and I did post one on here at clublexus.

Bottomline for the tire is that it's equivalent to the Contiental DWS which is a great tire too but is suppose to last an extra 10K miles. Well, I'll let you know in about 4 years if they actually do or not haha..I have the DWS on my Honda Fit and both grip very well in wet weather.
How would you compare the motivos to the the DWSs??
Old 08-08-13, 08:00 AM
vudaddy
Rookie

Default Update

Are they still holding up good?

Originally Posted by pibob
Nitto is looking for volunteers to test and review Nitto’s latest tire: the Motivo.
This is from the ad on this site.
Has anyone received their free tires? I responded to this 2 months ago and have not heard a thing from NITTO. I hope this is real and not some come on to get us to buy tires. If anyone gets the tires let the rest of know. My tire size 245/45/18 and have the OEM 18" chromed wheels on my 2004 LS430 which is one of the sizes that are offering. My car only has 44,000 on it, so it would be an excellent candidate.
Waiting for my new tires to review.