Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Vossen vs CCW??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-12, 12:21 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vossen vs CCW??

So the price of Vossen is pretty high for a cast wheel so why should I pick one over the other?
I like the Vossen but imo they should be priced a bit lower as they are to close to the price of CCW's so I am just trying to gather info to make an educated choice when it comes to wheel purchases is there one place cheaper than the other for Vossen wheel purchases?

Thanks
Old 11-26-12, 06:03 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Exclamation

Originally Posted by xspsi6
So the price of Vossen is pretty high for a cast wheel so why should I pick one over the other?
I like the Vossen but imo they should be priced a bit lower as they are to close to the price of CCW's so I am just trying to gather info to make an educated choice when it comes to wheel purchases is there one place cheaper than the other for Vossen wheel purchases?

Thanks
Good questions especially with some new companies blatantly copying and confusing the customer! We stand behind our product and our R&D goes into a very high quality product. There are different types of cast and even forging and for the CV3 wheels it is a low pressure cast wheel which is stronger and more expensive to produce than a regular cast wheel. We have an intense quality process to ensure customers can be confident in their Vossen Wheels purchase.

http://www.vossenwheels.com/Warranty/

And while most Vossen owners won't drive their cars at the track or drift them for a cast wheel it is very very strong. See below as an example!

Finally unlike many companies we are very connected to the Lexus and enthusiast community. We are very supportive of Lexus meets, events and are right there with you all.

Would Lexus put Vossen CV7s on a Supercharged GS if they were not impressed?

http://www.lexus.com/SEMA/PROJECT-GS.html

or a LFA?

What about the Audi R8?

And we are happy to announce this modified E55 running Vossen's just broke into the 10s!

Here is the fastest M5 in America (supercharged) running 20" CV3s

Not all cast wheels are the same, nor are forged wheels. We also will have our new Vossen Precision Series lightweight forged wheels (an completely IN HOUSE EFFORT) debuting early 2013 for those that want to take their Vossen Performance to the next level and it will be priced accoordingly.

Good luck with your decision!
Old 11-26-12, 06:13 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Wow thanks for that detailed reply! Where are you guys located?

I need to get an idea of fitment on my stock bodied sc however I do/will race the car often so this was a major factor so is the weight of each wheel.
Old 11-26-12, 09:02 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

It's like comparing a Toyota Camry to a Porsche 911.

Both work well, both are good cars, but there's a significant class difference in them. The CCWs are proven time and again on the track, and they've been around for a LONG time, but they are more expensive (though they are mostly Forged, not cast). The Vossens (available now) are a cheaper wheel, cast, heavier, and available in far fewer width/offset combinations than the CCW (which are usually custom ordered for multi-piece wheels).

Either brand will be fine for day to day use. They are completely different styles too though lol.
Old 11-27-12, 10:22 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks
I am in the same position as you right now... I really love both companies and their designs... but.. Now knowing the Precision series is coming, What will their price point be knowing the exposure they have gotten recently. Will they jack up the price due to demand?? If so, CCW wheels are down right sexy and for about the same money.... Im between a rock and a hard place..

Need advice!
Old 11-28-12, 01:01 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Wow thanks for that detailed reply! Where are you guys located?

I need to get an idea of fitment on my stock bodied sc however I do/will race the car often so this was a major factor so is the weight of each wheel.
Thanks, glad we could help. We are located in Miami. As an enthusiast I love CCW as well and if your priority is racing/lightweight give them a strong look here. I am simply spreading the word about our engineering and how customers use their cars with Vossen, its not just all parking lots.

Originally Posted by GotRiceYo
I am in the same position as you right now... I really love both companies and their designs... but.. Now knowing the Precision series is coming, What will their price point be knowing the exposure they have gotten recently. Will they jack up the price due to demand?? If so, CCW wheels are down right sexy and for about the same money.... Im between a rock and a hard place..

Need advice!
Thanks! We are super excited about the Vossen Precision Series, the price point will be higher than our current lineup as it is a 100% IN HOUSE EFFORT where we have complete control to ensure the happiest customers. They will be lightweight forged with custom options thus the price will be higher.

CL member moosejaw

CL member Bobby
Old 12-21-12, 02:56 PM
Laid_Out
Driver

Definitely go with CCW
Old 12-22-12, 07:51 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

sorry to say but after looking at CCW's website all the wheels look like all the other designs out there. Every company copies one another.. The only difference is pricing and brand. Whether i have Vossen wheels or not anyone can look at Vossen's wheels and know there designs are different and aren't trying to mimic other companies.
Old 12-24-12, 07:29 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

They both make nice wheels. I think CCW's are a little nicer, but Vossens standout a lot more at car shows.

Either one is fine for daily use. CCW's would be better for the track.
Old 01-03-13, 12:05 AM
RickL87
Driver School Candidate

CCW and vossen can't really be compared, CCW is a much nicer wheel. Vossens aren't forged, can't be customized(CCW you can customize the size, offsets, finishes, everything), and are very bland and generic looking wheels. Wheels like Volk, Work, CCW, etc I feel are "enthusiast" wheels and other brands like ruff racing, vossen, drag, etc while may look ok are not "enthusiast" wheels. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 01-08-13, 05:24 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

It's always good to read people's thoughts. Thanks everyone! I've been a ccw fan being an enthusiast so as stated they make great wheels.
Old 08-05-13, 10:31 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Im a fan of both CCW and Vossen especially the new precision series, dont know how true this is but i heard the price tag will be mucg higher than what the regulars ones are going for and will most like attract lambo, Ferrari drivers etc......guess we'll gotta wait and see....
Old 08-12-13, 07:26 AM
Alfafara
Driver School Candidate

I sell custom aftermarket wheels to new car dealers all over N.California and N. Nevada and I must say I feel real comfortable knowing that the Vossen wheels I sell will be backed by Vossen if one of my Lexus dealers has an issue. I remember 08 and 09 when the economy took a dump many of the wheel companies were using went out of business and left us holding the bag when warranty issues came up.
Old 08-12-13, 08:33 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I personally like CCW's because of the ability to order any width and offset and the price point is in same range as the Vossens. I'm an offset freak and really picky, I like to order wheels to fit the car the way I want rather than someone else picking what they think I want or need. Vossen offers some nice designs and they seem to be strong even though they are a cast wheel.