Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

need opinions on Rims for my sc

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-02, 01:36 AM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need opinions on Rims for my sc

Hey
Im torn between to different rims. Both are 18x8 and almost the same im price

I would like some personal opinons.. becuase i can't really judge for myself (becuase im not too certain how they would look on the car)

Thanks in advance
If anyone has pictures of an sc with either style rims.. i would really apreciate it

Thanks

these are basically the same as the Axis, Muse.. but i cannot afford those. so don't hate on my for wanting bite off's.

J
Old 10-22-02, 01:38 AM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

oh i forgot

its a White 96 SC

J

This is the closest picture of the first style on an sc.. except they aren't all chrome.. and they look bigger than 18.. probably 19/20

btw.. does anyone know what kit is on that SC?

Last edited by J_RoK; 10-22-02 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-22-02, 01:39 AM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

I like the bottom one
Old 10-22-02, 02:43 AM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

yeah, i think the bottom ones look sweet. Much better than the top ones.
Old 10-22-02, 03:06 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

bootleg versions of the LD1 dont look good.
Old 10-22-02, 04:18 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hahaha...the Axis Muse is KNOCK OFF of the Advan Model 5's...you're buying a knock-off of a knock-off...hhahaha....

If you can't afford the right wheels, just save up and buy it later. Don't be so desperate to buy wheels that you stoop to the level of ricers...how are you driving a LEXUS and can't even afford Axis wheels? Does that make sense to you?
Old 10-22-02, 04:44 AM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

well im 18years old. i just payed 15,000 for the car. with my own money that i saved up.

thats probably why i can't afford to spend alot on rims.. to be honest.. i don't really care who makes the damn rims.. as long as they aren't ***** quality. im trying to conserve my money.. i plan on putting a kit on this spring

thanks for your input guys

J
Old 10-22-02, 05:05 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

J_RoK

I reckon the bottom ones would look sweet on a Soarer/SC, they suit the lines really neatly IMO, the top rim (of the two) does look nice, but only if it wasn't the deep dish version.

Personally? Enkei G-Zero's!!
Old 10-22-02, 05:34 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

check your PM...
Old 10-22-02, 11:18 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default MY RIMS ARE FRESH!!!!

Zenetti Vega

https://www.clublexus.com/photo1/sho...=7029&size=big

another good wheel is the ADR Kasai
Old 10-22-02, 04:00 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Neither Zenetti or ADR are good quality. They are, at best, mediocre...and both companies are primarily knock-off manufacturers...like I've said before, knock-off manufacturers (ones who's whole business model is based on knock-offs...not manufacturers that make knock-offs every now and then) don't base their business on quality. They base it on selling mass numbers and making as much money as they can. Quality doesn't fit into their equation...

You can buy some nice 1-piece JDM wheels (Work, Rays, Weds) for around $1500~$2000 depending on the importer...
Old 10-22-02, 04:16 PM
Boost'n
Rookie

Manaray, what brand of wheels do you have on your Lexus? Manaray wheels?
Old 10-22-02, 05:00 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Default ???

I wouldn't say that Zenetti wheels are junk quality,.. I think more along the lines of the avg decent wheel,.. considering I came down from Niche's which are somewhat pricey and well built,.. no problems thus far with flaking, bends, stress fractures,...

I have a friend who had SSR's and 3 spokes on LF, and 2 spokes on RF had hair line cracks (dangerous) for some unknown reason. SSR is allegedly reputable.

I chose these because of the look, and I didn't see any other upper echelon rim mfg that has that design, nor have I seen a lexus or any car here in Tx (not sayin' there aint, but I havent' seen anyone yet) with these wheels, or anything near it,... and since you mention it....

what wheel is the vega a knock off of??? -not being defensive, but I'd like to see who made it first and how much better it was constructed or design,.... I change wheels every good couple of months...

Last edited by NAZTY97; 10-22-02 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-22-02, 05:03 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Default Recommendations:

Look at Niche, Blitz, Concept Neeper, Enkei, Antera, CEC, or AZEV. Those should earn the respect of the big spender.
Old 10-22-02, 05:22 PM
AZN Lex
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default opinion

wasup man,
i feel your pain. I too am a young guy that cant afford the high dollar rims. I like the tops ones with the lip. I was looking around the gallery and saw some SC's with rims that have lips and they look sweet.
I do want to warn you about Wheel max, I ordered some Giovanni Kobes from them and one of the RIMS had a leak in it. They weren't very kind to replace them. Luckly i used a credit card and the credit card company filled a dispute and after 4 months i was finally credited back. A buddy of mine ordered from there and they didnt ship enough lug nuts.

Quick Reply: need opinions on Rims for my sc