Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?
Old 01-07-15, 04:10 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

looking to black my rims.. Pkastidip or duplicolor shadow paint?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-11, 11:46 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool i guess ill stick to stock then.. I just wanted something to protect the finish n possible curb rash
Old 10-03-11, 08:28 AM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

On one of my wheels, there is a curb rash mark that is about an inch in the middle of the wheel, would it be ok to clearcoat that exact spot to prevent it from further damage or rust? My engine clearcoat i have (its leftovers from painting my calipers) says not to use on galvanized metal, so i am unsure if this would be ok.
Old 10-03-11, 04:46 PM
eyestrefdy
Driver School Candidate

powder coat!
Old 10-03-11, 10:22 PM
Lex Luga
Lexus Test Driver

That wasnt an option, plus i like the liquid graphite color of the g spiders
Old 10-05-11, 03:31 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by zig@tr
There is a new finish on the market called PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition), this is a patented wheel finish technology that combines vacuum plating and powder coating to give the appearance of chrome and even a diamond black (smoked/tinted chrome) but the durability is far beyond any chrome wheel could offer. These wheels will not flake, peel, oxidize or pit like a chrome wheels and are even suitable for all-season use. Chrome albeit, is a great looking wheel but requires the most maintenance of any finish out there.
That is really cool. I've never heard of that before. Is it an expensive process compared to powder coating?
Old 10-05-11, 04:22 PM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Yes, as new as the PVD process is, it does costs more than powder coating.
Old 10-06-11, 07:52 AM
Mk1Aristo
Driver School Candidate

No thanks I just got my breemker kraft br01 and its garbage.. my rims came chipped i saw a few bubbles on the rims around the spokes.. so I pushed on the bubble with my finger and it the paint just came off..Crazy,, now I have a few chips in my brand new rims that I didnt even put on the car yet,

so than last night I finally put my rims on and I lighty,,, yes lightly touched the socket around the hole when putting the rims on.. I was very careful but the socket just rubbed gently and chipped the paint again... the finish is garbage I never had rims that chip so easily espeically when they already come chipped...

those werent the PVD but i would never buy anything from breemer kraft..

low quality finish... makes you wonder why the rims are so cheap but i fell for it.

QUOTE=zig@tr;6650831]There is a new finish on the market called PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition), this is a patented wheel finish technology that combines vacuum plating and powder coating to give the appearance of chrome and even a diamond black (smoked/tinted chrome) but the durability is far beyond any chrome wheel could offer. These wheels will not flake, peel, oxidize or pit like a chrome wheels and are even suitable for all-season use. Chrome albeit, is a great looking wheel but requires the most maintenance of any finish out there.

Bremmer Kraft BR05 PVD Finish Link
[/QUOTE]
Old 10-06-11, 09:34 AM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Mk1Aristo,

The Bremmer Kraft BR01 is not offered in the PVD finish we are speaking about in this thread? Also, the BR01 you did buy came with a finish warranty so if there were bubbles in the finish or the wheels arrived damaged why wouldn't you just call whomever you bought them from to get a new wheel? Since you didn't call to get a new wheel you may have gotten these wheels used and if that's the case the person before you may not have taken great care of removing brake dust or road salt promptly. The BR01 you have is offered in chrome or painted and if you have the chrome finish that's part of what this thread is about....PVD is better because chrome will very easily bubble, pit or peel if not cared for properly. If you have a chrome wheel it's not a Bremmer Kraft issue it's a just what happens with most chrome wheels.
Old 10-06-11, 01:38 PM
Mk1Aristo
Driver School Candidate

Dude I bought them off tire track last week.

I got all the paper work but I am in Canada and shipping was expensive and I needed rims ASAP/

I cant wait to ship them back then wait for new ones to come.. plus They came with hankook rubbers that I bought also on tire track.. so it came mounted already.

I know the BR01 are not PVD but I was making a point how breemer kraft finish on the BR01 finish is just junk.. im afraid to even clean them right now thinking the paint is just gonna chip off as easily..

so what do you think I should do ? I mean id love to get a new wheel actually 2 .. 2 rims have chips one was already chipped when I got it from those bubbles.. the 2nd one I mentioned I lighted hit it with the socket but I didnt bang it.. it was just part of the process of putting on the rim on. It shouldnt of shipped around the hole so easily with almost no force from the socket touching it.

So what I am suppose to ship my rim back with or without the tire ? then ill have no rim.. and ill have to wait for a new one ?
Originally Posted by zig@tr
Mk1Aristo,

The Bremmer Kraft BR01 is not offered in the PVD finish we are speaking about in this thread? Also, the BR01 you did buy came with a finish warranty so if there were bubbles in the finish or the wheels arrived damaged why wouldn't you just call whomever you bought them from to get a new wheel? Since you didn't call to get a new wheel you may have gotten these wheels used and if that's the case the person before you may not have taken great care of removing brake dust or road salt promptly. The BR01 you have is offered in chrome or painted and if you have the chrome finish that's part of what this thread is about....PVD is better because chrome will very easily bubble, pit or peel if not cared for properly. If you have a chrome wheel it's not a Bremmer Kraft issue it's a just what happens with most chrome wheels.