Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Whell agnostic. Please post opinion.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-02, 01:34 AM
redsand
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel agnostic. Please post opinion.

I own a 93 lexus ES 300. Its pearl white on top with grey bottom around it. I would like any personal ideas/suggestions on rims for it. It will be recieveing a 1" drop, so take that into consideration. I have no personal opinion on spokes or anything. Any design is welcome. I truly lack an opinion. I am a white 17 yr odl guy, and i dont want anyone to take this offensive, but I do not want to be labeled as ... well... the rims cant be gaughty looking. (please take the implication for what it is worth). Any suggestions and pictures are welcome.

thx

tjs

Last edited by redsand; 09-22-02 at 01:44 AM.
Old 09-22-02, 02:20 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RS..

not sure what your budget is; but for the es, either a dish style or a clean classic 5 spoke wheel with 1-2" lip would suit the car nicely..

take a look at these sites, pick out several choices and you sure will get tons of inputs(or you can PM me for further info). btw, do not worry about the language appear on the screen, i can help you there :

www.work-wheels.co.jp

www.arw.co.jp

www.rayswheels.co.jp

have fun...

william
Old 09-22-02, 10:01 AM
redsand
Driver School Candidate

I agree, i do like the 5 spokes. I dont want gunmetal, i was thinking sincei t was pearl white, i should go with chrome, but i have no idea. Would 17" suffice, even with a 1" (or more if needed) drop?
Old 09-22-02, 10:24 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Wheel agnostic. Please post opinion.

Originally posted by redsand
I own a 93 lexus ES 300. Its pearl white on top with grey bottom around it. I would like any personal ideas/suggestions on rims for it. It will be recieveing a 1" drop, so take that into consideration. I have no personal opinion on spokes or anything. Any design is welcome. I truly lack an opinion. I am a white 17 yr odl guy, and i dont want anyone to take this offensive, but I do not want to be labeled as ... well... the rims cant be gaughty looking. (please take the implication for what it is worth). Any suggestions and pictures are welcome.

thx

tjs
If the word you were looking for was "GHETTO", you already have better taste than ALOT of people....and youve come to the right place.
Get a wheel that is CLASSY and TIMELESS... If you choose a "fad" wheel or something from "left field" you will be tired of it soon, and will be back here looking for new wheels again.....many CL members can attest to that...
The guy with the first response to your thread (GS4WILL) is as good a resource as I(and ALOT of CL members) can recommend....your on the right track....

Almost forgot: The second link that Will posted...the one for Arrow Enterprises....forget about them, I heard through the grape vine that they are out of business....heeheehee J/K J/K!

Last edited by tinygs; 09-22-02 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-22-02, 12:08 PM
Wheel Experts

For a clean and not tooo expensive, but good quality wheel, you can try the L-Sportline Model IV one piece. It comes in a 18x7.5+45 which works nicely on the ES300. They are not quite as nice as some of the JDM 3-piece offerings, but they are made in Japan, good quality, not too expensive, and best of all, in stock for immediate delivery. It is available in silver or chrome.

email or PM me if you are interested!
Attached Thumbnails Whell agnostic.  Please post opinion.-resize-of-m41pc.jpg  
Old 09-22-02, 02:24 PM
redsand
Driver School Candidate

I really like that last posting. If anyone else would gimem soem examples.

i like this on

http://www.arw.co.jp/wheels/zauber_crazer.html

If you would, give me some pricings. or some wheels that look identical to that, for you know, there are only so many designs for a wheel, after a while, people will start to copy. And the word is GHETTO, yes, but i really did not want to offend anyone. I saw a posting on the board yesterday, where a new guy just flamed everyone that posted after him. That is immature and trashy. DIdnt wanna be labeled as something as that.
Old 09-22-02, 02:48 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

RS..

please excuse my forwardness...not sure about your budget, but here is my thought:

1.17s would look nice with 1"

2.18s would look awesome with 1.25" drop; but then the tyres are bit more expensive...just slightly...

Zauber Crazers are good wheels, also something similar:

work IS

http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/...p/euisp_1.html

http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/...p/euisp_2.html

http://www.work-wheels.co.jp/wheels/...p/euisp_3.html

Mr. Tiny...

the pioneer of 4" lip, is doing his share of limiting the Gettins into TX....hehehehe
Old 09-22-02, 03:41 PM
redsand
Driver School Candidate

What does anyone else think of that 'selection' i really like that, any one else have an opinion, or suggestion of different rim. I'm lookin to spend in the low g'z. like 1500 or lower
Old 09-22-02, 07:55 PM
Wheel Experts

silver Model IVs (the one I posted previously) are 305/each, the chrome ones are 460/each. (for 18x7.5)
Old 09-23-02, 07:43 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by redsand
What does anyone else think of that 'selection' i really like that, any one else have an opinion, or suggestion of different rim. I'm lookin to spend in the low g'z. like 1500 or lower
I think the Zauber Crazer or the L-sport M-4 would both look really clean and tidy on ane ES.....
Old 09-23-02, 08:15 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Redsand,

I really like the L-Sportline's that Peter @ Wheels Experts posted up for your ES.. The best way to gauge how they will look on your car is to post a request on the Photochop Forum and the guru's in there will be happy to modify a picture of your ES or of another ES with a wheel you like before you spend your money..

Like I said the L-Sportlines are SWEET and for my 2 cents I would go that route..

Hope that helps!
Old 09-23-02, 01:17 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

that is what i told our young bro, rs too...

l-sports are nice for the price, or save up for other jdm wheels