Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

TireRack discount?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-11, 06:58 PM
misaghk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TireRack discount?

Do we get any discount from TireRack.com as a CL member?
Old 07-21-11, 09:45 PM
LexFather

Nope, not an iota, not 1%, not a penny, nothing for members or moderators or anyone. I stopped ordering tires from them a long time ago and go with Tire Discount who goes above and beyond to give the best price. They've given me quite a few perks and its appreciated. They even called me to say "hey Mike, we got another $100 off this weekend, just buy it for the best price and we''ll work the details out later". That is how you take care of people.

I've reached out a few times to Tire Rack in the past and it is pretty disheartening to be told "sorry no soup for you" even as you supported the company, spent thousands there and recommended it to dozens of people. I even remember one time a tire shop getting pissed at me b/c I was telling people there "buy from the Tire Rack" as I would just go for the install.

Do you know we even get tire discounts from Sewell Lexus or L-tuned parts and other companies here that sell tires here, but not Tire Rack. Not .00005%. Nothing. Even my local dealer Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett lowered their price to damn near cost to appease a loyal and valued customer and I've bought tires from them too.

Go to the vendors forum, there are many vendors there willing to give Club Lexus members some sort of deal or discount.

Last edited by LexFather; 07-21-11 at 10:23 PM.

Old 07-22-11, 06:34 AM
zig@tr
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Nope, not an iota, not 1%, not a penny, nothing for members or moderators or anyone. I stopped ordering tires from them a long time ago and go with Tire Discount who goes above and beyond to give the best price. They've given me quite a few perks and its appreciated. They even called me to say "hey Mike, we got another $100 off this weekend, just buy it for the best price and we''ll work the details out later". That is how you take care of people.

I've reached out a few times to Tire Rack in the past and it is pretty disheartening to be told "sorry no soup for you" even as you supported the company, spent thousands there and recommended it to dozens of people. I even remember one time a tire shop getting pissed at me b/c I was telling people there "buy from the Tire Rack" as I would just go for the install.

Do you know we even get tire discounts from Sewell Lexus or L-tuned parts and other companies here that sell tires here, but not Tire Rack. Not .00005%. Nothing. Even my local dealer Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett lowered their price to damn near cost to appease a loyal and valued customer and I've bought tires from them too.

Go to the vendors forum, there are many vendors there willing to give Club Lexus members some sort of deal or discount.
1SICLEX,

Wow, that's a bit of a harsh review. We understand we're not 100% of the time the lowest price, but pretty certain 95% of the time we usually are. What you are complaining about is kind of a moot point, because unlike Tire Discount we don't just "sell" you tires. We help you make an informed decision and find the perfect tire for your unique driving situation. We offer hundreds of thousands of customer survey reviews, our own test results, and if you're still not sure you can call and speak to a salesperson who has driven on the tires back to back on a fleet of cars and SUV's. (This includes a closed race course and actual road rides on highways, rural and city roads) We are also avid motorsport and auto forum sponsors, we see the value in forums such as CL, of which I see you are Editor and Senior Moderator. So, even though we don't always offer you the lowest price I bet before you make all of your tire purchases with Tire Discount you have utilized many of The Tire Rack's resources' for choosing the best tire, whether it be online reviews, actually calling in, our even using the CL forum we help fund. So, the "value" when making a purchase through The Tire Rack goes far beyond just giving out discounts.

Last edited by zig@tr; 08-18-11 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-22-11, 06:10 PM
IS350FAN
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But still no discount! Great! I'll take my business elsewhere. thank you very much
Old 07-22-11, 06:18 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Tirerack is a great source of info and they sometimes carry certain models that other sites dont. Sure theres no discount but their good customer service does balance it out somewhat.
Old 07-23-11, 07:46 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by zig@tr
1SICLEX,

Wow, that's a bit of a harsh review. We understand we're not 100% of the time the lowest price, but pretty certain 95% of the time we usually are. What you are complaining about is kind of a mute point, because unlike Tire Discount we don't just "sell" you tires. We help you make an informed decision and find the perfect tire for your unique driving situation. We offer hundreds of thousands of customer survey reviews, our own test results, and if you're still not sure you can call and speak to a salesperson who has driven on the tires back to back on a fleet of cars and SUV's. (This includes a closed race course and actual road rides on highways, rural and city roads) We are also avid motorsport and auto forum sponsors, we see the value in forums such as CL, of which I see you are Editor and Senior Moderator. So, even though we don't always offer you the lowest price I bet before you make all of your tire purchases with Tire Discount you have utilized many of The Tire Rack's resources' for choosing the best tire, whether it be online reviews, actually calling in, our even using the CL forum we help fund. So, the "value" when making a purchase through The Tire Rack goes far beyond just giving out discounts.
Its not harsh that is my opinion being here for over ten years and spending thousands in the past at the Tire Rack. You can write a very long post but it didn't answer the question;

Q-Does Tire Rack offer discounts to Club Lexus members?

A-No

You are stating things that are in the Tire Rack business model which is great they are a great resource for info but if they didn't have it, there are plenty of other sources as well so lets not act like its the ONLY source. No one is taking away what the Tire Rack does and I surely am not saying it is a bad company.

You are entitled to call it value. I don't see any value in it at all thus stopped spending my thousands of dollars on tires there and am glad and more than satisfied to spend it elsewhere, places that offer discounts for the exact same tires.

Maybe you can suggest or ask your superiors "hey can we offer Club Lexus members some sort of discount"?

Old 07-23-11, 07:51 AM
goohead
Driver School Candidate

you cant make everyone happy, some people are happy to have good service, others want lowest price, i seen as high as 35% margin on certain model tires, buts thats neither here or there. if you want great customer service you have to pay the customer service team with interns means maintaining a higher profit per sale for payroll. nobody works for free.

**** you can get great prices at sams club for tires, if you need retail but those techs are 50% retarded and i would pay more to have a less retarded person mount my tires
Old 07-27-11, 07:56 AM
tjoines
Driver School Candidate

We do appreciate everyone's business and understand there are many options for your tire purchases.

We do offer financial support to Club Lexus through our sponsorship of the forum as part of our marketing efforts. It helps the forum owners to pay for the bandwidth and other expenses that allow members to access this great resource and community.

We understand that price is a very important part of the purchase decision and work to offer the best price we can base on our cost from the supplier. There may be 35% margin in a local store with a higher price but we do not have that type of margin. We don't have built in extra margin in our prices to allow us to offer additional discounts. We give you the best price we can offer from the start. You don't have to join the right club or know the "special handshake" to get the best deal we can offer. You can buy knowing that you are not paying extra to subsidize another customer’s discount.

We are usually competitive with places that don't offer information or advice and can only give you the mileage warranty and a good, better, best option. You don't have to pay more to get the extra's we offer.

We offer the advice, reviews, and tire tests as an extra service to allow all of our customers to make an informed decision on what tires meet their individual needs.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to continue to be one of your sources for your tire and wheel needs.

Tim Joines | Director - Internet Business

Tire Rack
7101 Vorden Parkway
South Bend, IN 46628
O: 800 428 8355 ext. 303
O: 574 287 2345 ext. 303
F: 413 480 5822
tjoines@tirerack.com