Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Special BBS Moda Wheels for the SC? Indentify please

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-11, 02:53 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Special BBS Moda Wheels for the SC? Indentify please

Howdy,

My '97 Lexus SC300 came with these wheels.

I'm told they were a special wheel made just for the Lexus SC in '97 via the Tire Rack.
The previous owner bent one of them.
Obviously they're not worth much nowadays, but I'd like to replace it and have this set as a reliable backup.

Can you identify the specific make (BBS or Moda? Or both?) and model of this wheel?
Did your SC come with the same wheel and do you still have one or more laying around?
Does Tire Rack still have these wheels somewhere?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Special BBS Moda Wheels for the SC? Indentify please-image0034.jpg  
Old 04-29-11, 10:50 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Those are Moda M1's. Those were made awhile back and they were available in 1 pc and 2 pc. If you're looking for that specific wheel, it's going to be tough, especially if you're looking for one in chrome. I've seen them on forums on quite a few bimmers, mostly in the silver finish.

There was a set for sale awhile back here on CL but they were the 2 pc version in silver.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/whe...7-2-piece.html

Similar looking wheels are the Borbet Type H, Borbet Type CF, TSW Stealth, ASA Concept ES5 and the CSA Polaris. Out of those, I'd say the only ones that might have a Lexus bolt pattern (5 X 114) fitment would more than likely be ASA or TSW. As for Borbets, they're almost exclusively for the Euro market and it would be least likely for them to have the 5 x 114 bolt pattern.
Old 04-30-11, 11:41 PM
veleno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do remember those wheels from Moda/BBS and were sold to the general public for various makes and models. I've never heard of them being a special edition wheel for the Lexus SC, but who knows.