Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

BrandonTR please help... Tirerack fitment question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-11, 12:14 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BrandonTR please help... Tirerack fitment question.

I'm looking to purchase the Bremmer Kraft BRO5s staggered (19x8.5 +45 and 19x9.5 +45) for my 2007 GS350 Lexus from Tirerack. I know my car has the large front brake caliper and clearance might be an issue. I've called into Tirerack a few times and spoke to some people who may not exactly know about my car. They assume the wheel won't fit based it on not appearing on the list of wheels that will fit my car. The interesting thing is that the wheel appears to fit the LS430 (2001-2006) which also has a VERY large brake caliper and rotor. I believe the GS350 has a slightly larger rotor and a differnt shape the the Caliper than the LS430, but what I do know is that the Lexus technician I work with in San Antonio said if the wheel will fit the 06 LS430 I shouldn't have any problem clearing the GS350 caliper and rotor. He said that the wheels on those two cars are generally interchangable due to the similiar caliper/rotor assembly. Is there anyway you can verify this claim? I want to buy those wheels, but I want to be 100% sure they will clear my caliper. They look like they are "high disk" wheels, but looks may be decieving.

So, heres the thing, I'm being told by several other companys (and Lexus) that I should have no problem clearing the Caliper with a wheel that fits on the LS430 with a high disc. I could really use the help.

Thanks!

Last edited by IronCobra; 03-04-11 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-10-11, 07:49 AM
mikefit
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know im just a new guy here, but my opinion is you will have no problem with that wheel on a GS, i have done alot of wheels on the new GS cars and a few of the bremmer wheels, unfortunately never together, but from experience with both i would say your absolutely good to go, if you cant get verification from TR just order one wheel, with no tire, test fit it on the car, and then youll know 100% before buying the whole set-up, in my experience tire rack is usually pretty good about returns like that if you explain what your trying to do and take great care in handling the wheel.
Old 03-11-11, 01:48 PM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just came back from Vacation, double checking this fitment. Will let you know asap. Thanks.
Old 03-11-11, 02:06 PM
Brandon@TR
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From our engineer....

"The wheel is available in a 19x8 not 19x8.5 and the problem is it hits the bottom corner of the caliper where the spokes curve into the mounting pad. We’ve scanned this exact MMY and they don’t clear the front brakes. The lower half of the caliper has more extension. That’s why they are not listed. It would need about a 5mm spacer to clear and the studs are too short to allow enough engagement. If it were possible without a lot of modification to the car we would list them. There’s a BR06 but that barely clears by less than 2mm. "

I guess I would add that there is no 9.5 either it is a 9.

If you want to try a test fit though I'm happy to send some to you as long as they aren't damaged and you pay the shipping both ways to get them back to us.