Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheel Sponsors!!! Need centering rings ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-02, 11:07 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Sponsors!!! Need centering rings ASAP!!

My new rims (Zauber Gettins) did not come with any centering rings and I want to get these asap.

Hoping one of you knows the size needed.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are there different quality rings available...say forged and whatnot?

Thanx.

Ryan
Old 07-15-02, 12:50 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Default Re: Wheel Sponsors!!! Need centering rings ASAP!!

Originally posted by AgGS400
My new rims (Zauber Gettins) did not come with any centering rings and I want to get these asap.

Hoping one of you knows the size needed.

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, are there different quality rings available...say forged and whatnot?

Thanx.

Ryan
Since I don't know the Zauber hub bore, I'm of no use. Who did you buy it from? They should know.
Old 07-15-02, 12:55 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Unhappy

Got them from gs4will...only set of Zaubers he has done so he didn't know. Tiny's came with the rings.

Can you give me some info on the rings in general?

Are there different brands, quality, or shape? Is the diameter all you would need to know and do you stock them?

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

I can prob get the diamter pretty quick-like.
Old 07-15-02, 01:20 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Ryan,
try tire rack
1-888-541-1777

they carry or can ordering these rings from the manufactures for many type of wheels, I got all of my rings from them.
or see who manufacture your rim, get the number and call the factory directly

I believe the rings offered by the rim manufature only, you don't really have any choice on brand or shape hee hee

did you try on the rim to see if the center ring fit or not?

anh

Last edited by BananaGS; 07-15-02 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-15-02, 06:01 PM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a question are the rings neccessary? i have heard that you do not really need the rings?
Old 07-15-02, 06:07 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Default Why wouldnt you?

I would regardless.

I am getting some vibration at about 55 mph and I used the Hunter balancing machine.

Late.

Ryan

Also, the rims are straight from Japan so I am not sure I can just call them up.
Old 07-15-02, 08:28 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man, this ctr rings issue is really puzzling to me too i sent a set of same size Gettins to Australia for my friend's Soarer, and he is loving them with no problem, no vibration and no rings needed...on my Rays wheels, my local tyre guy told me that i need rings, after he put them on my car, without rings, i have no vibrations at all...as i said, really confusing...

i got them from japan directly, and sent ryan everything that came directly from japan...ryan, really sorry about this...., as long as the ring size is correct, you are fine, there are no single brand that is better than the other ...just that i have no Gettin wheel on hand which i can measure the ring size...since you are in TX, and i am in LA, may i suggest to simply visit your local tyre guy as many shops do carry them... find the right size, put them on, current small vibartion solved...

or, if you could let me know the diameter, and i will try to get some here locally or tirerack.com, last i heard ~$10-15/set(from America tire co here in scal, they have national chain i believe)..as i said, i had no clue that you would need them, never happened before... i pmed you with my tel..and i will try my best to make sure everything is fine. if you prefer, i will send you a check for $10-15....let me know...

william

Last edited by GS4Will; 07-15-02 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-15-02, 10:31 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Ryan,

my tyre guy called and told me that he has a set of FOUR 2 3/4"(2.75") in diameter of ctr rings that were never installed on a set of jdm wheels as the car never needed with NO vibration...

PM me and let me know if the size is ok...so i can send them to you....
Old 07-16-02, 12:55 AM
mr who
Lead Lap

i just want to commend gs4will on his willingness to help, and such a courteous response. i just think its great, and i wish all vendors, private and commercial were as respectable.
Old 07-16-02, 05:44 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up All Good.

In no way was I trying to knock gs4will.

He has been helpful and courteous. I contacted him first but he wasn't sure of the ring size so I posted to see if anyone else might know.

I just want to get the rings asap.

Vibration is minor but I need to get rid of it.

Thanks Will!

Ryan

I am sure many of you are aware of all the vibration issues with the GS...stock wheels and aftermarket.

Last edited by AgGS400; 07-16-02 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-16-02, 06:17 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

Lexus 5bolts pattern do a pretty good job of keeping the wheel in place even w/o the centering.

used to drive my OZ with only 1 wheel with the center ring, the rest were not hee hee. I get some extra weird vib on bumpy road or braking, (but the car seem to run fine other than that)
I had ordered 4 rings from OZ, now I don't get the extra vibration anymore. I am happy with them, cost $30 shipped.
Old 07-16-02, 12:57 PM
g_lex_6
Driver School Candidate

i agree with mr. who 110% !

Will you're the best man !
Old 07-16-02, 09:09 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

mr who and g_lex,

thanks for the props guys...i do what i can to make sure evenything goes well... even on things that are beyond my control...so sometimes is not easy...on this ctr ring issue, as i said, i am truly puzzled...:eek:
Old 07-17-02, 07:47 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Try local rim shops, I got some rings from American wheel and tire in Houston.
Old 07-18-02, 03:20 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

The centering rings have to fit two ways.
-They must fit snug around you GS hub.(inside diameter)
-They must also not be too "thick"(outside diameter).....as Dennis mentioned above....

When Dave at GTA (DUMB****!) sent me 4 seperate pairs (yes 4 pairs, 8 ttl. pieces, not an equally sized set of four) of hub-rings all the pairs had the same inside diameter, but a different outside diameter(make sense?)
Just because they fit your GS hub doesnt mean they will fit the wheel-bore of your Zauber.....

REST AT EASE, ZAUBER DOESNT MAKE A WEIRD "ONE-OFF" HUB RING JUST FOR OUR WHEELS, YOU WILL HAVE NO TROUBLE FINDING THE CORRECT SIZE.......

The GS hub size is common, and the Gettin' bore size will be common as well. Go to Discount, or any shop that keeps multiple size rings in stock. Take off one wheel and go through a process of elimination using different size outside diameters until you find the one you need. Then put one on each wheel....
First, make sure the hub ring is the right size for the GS hub. Then lay the hub ring on the wheel and push it in. It should be snug, but should pop/slide into your wheel...done...
Without the rings, you are relying on the wheel studs/lug nuts to center the wheel and keep it centered on the hub....

Will, you are the man! And too think that you started off importing JDM wheels just to do a couple CL guys a favor...hahahahahaha Your gonna monopolize CL at this pace...hahahaha J/K

Last edited by tinygs; 07-18-02 at 03:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Wheel Sponsors!!! Need centering rings ASAP!!