Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Wheel repair clearcoating....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-02, 04:11 PM
pot_head
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel repair clearcoating....

My Lowenhart LS1's were scratched up a month ago. Just the lips tho. The wheel repair shop polished up the lip and its all shiny again, but they said they couldnt put on the clear coat finish. After awhile the lips get dull, so do i always have to use a good metal polish to make my lips shiney or is there a product that i can tell the wheel repair shop to use to re-clearcoat the lips so it stays shiney? Thanks.
Old 07-09-02, 11:45 AM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

that is crazy. i had my wheel repaired from discount tire, the put the clear coat back, just like original.

if you can't find anyone to do this for you, after you use the metal polish, put some wax (car wax) on the lip, it will protect the lip from oxidizing and turn dull.

Anh
Old 07-12-02, 02:09 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by BananaGS
that is crazy. i had my wheel repaired from discount tire, the put the clear coat back, just like original.

if you can't find anyone to do this for you, after you use the metal polish, put some wax (car wax) on the lip, it will protect the lip from oxidizing and turn dull.

Anh
Hey anh, whats up?
Did you use a Discount here in Austin? If so, I believe they contract that type of work to WheelsAmerica(San Antonio) correct?? Sorry I didnt get to meet you at Rudys with JacobT and CWerlin....... The guy you met with the white max(Rob) is a looooooong time close personal friend of mine.....Tiny