Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

wheelmax.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-02, 10:49 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheelmax.com

Has anyone purchased from or knows about www.wheelmax.com? They seem to have some killer deals, however I wonder if they are selling seconds, blems and/or defects with such low pricing?

- Synergy
Old 06-21-02, 11:06 PM
Static911

Don't hesitate for a second to contact:

Wheel Kinetics

Wheels Boutique

Wheel Experts

Ethan
Old 06-22-02, 07:19 AM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

Synergy give me a call I can prob beat or match any of those prices... Thanks
Old 06-22-02, 10:22 AM
Synergy

Sounds good, should I ask for a particular name?

Thx,
- Synergy
Old 06-23-02, 08:00 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

I delt with wheelmax ,they are ok but If I had to do it again I would probably buy somewhere else. PS they F- up my shipping address and I had problems getting my wheels
Old 06-23-02, 03:39 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by GS400_PUSHER
I delt with wheelmax ,they are ok but If I had to do it again I would probably buy somewhere else. PS they F- up my shipping address and I had problems getting my wheels
You mean to tell me that sometimes customer service is more important than price?? Get outta here.
Old 06-23-02, 07:34 PM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

Not because Wm is my competion but they have THE worst customer service I have ever seen I used to work there years ago they only want your money and after they get it they forget about you and if you need a refund good luck it will take forever!
Thats why I agree with dennis and have built my company around customer service and not only low prices. I'm sure Dennis will agree.

Synergy my name is Carlos

Last edited by Wheels Boutique; 06-23-02 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-23-02, 08:34 PM
Synergy

Cool, well I will give you a call this week Carlos and see what we can work out.

Thanks,
- Synergy
Old 06-24-02, 02:23 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Wheel Kinetics
You mean to tell me that sometimes customer service is more important than price?? Get outta here.

Hehehhee....
Old 06-24-02, 08:22 AM
dt21823
Driver

I looked at wheelmax.com and superbuytires.com when I was shopping for wheels. Fortunately, I ended up going with L-Sportlines from Wheel Experts. I am currently battling a vibration in the steering wheel that is evident between 50 and 70 mph (hopefully balancing on a Hunter GSP9700 will do the trick). While it has been frustrating, I have been very impressed with how dedicated Peter at Wheel Experts and Mas at L-Sportline are to finding a resolution. The level of customer service you will receive from your vendor and the wheel manufacturer should be an important part of your purchase decision.

Ray
Old 06-24-02, 01:01 PM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

Originally posted by dt21823
I looked at wheelmax.com and superbuytires.com when I was shopping for wheels. Fortunately, I ended up going with L-Sportlines from Wheel Experts. I am currently battling a vibration in the steering wheel that is evident between 50 and 70 mph (hopefully balancing on a Hunter GSP9700 will do the trick). While it has been frustrating, I have been very impressed with how dedicated Peter at Wheel Experts and Mas at L-Sportline are to finding a resolution. The level of customer service you will receive from your vendor and the wheel manufacturer should be an important part of your purchase decision.

Ray
Funny you say that that is the machine we have here and that is the same reason we bought it to avoid unhappy customer returns and resolve vibration problems If you have a hard time finding one in your area feel free to contact me and We can arrange for you to send me your wheels to hopefully fix the problem. thanks Carlos
Old 06-24-02, 06:45 PM
dt21823
Driver

Originally posted by Wheels Boutique
Funny you say that that is the machine we have here and that is the same reason we bought it to avoid unhappy customer returns and resolve vibration problems If you have a hard time finding one in your area feel free to contact me and We can arrange for you to send me your wheels to hopefully fix the problem. thanks Carlos
Just to clarify: the wheels were mounted and balanced by a local shop, not Wheel Experts. Mas at L-Sportline helped me find another local shop with a GSP9700 that can print reports in case he wants to look over the test results. Thanks for the offer though.

Ray
Old 06-27-02, 07:33 AM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

I didnt mean it as bashing wheels experts at all. it could happen to anybody I was just surprised you mentioned the machine...
Old 06-27-02, 10:00 PM
dt21823
Driver

Originally posted by Wheels Boutique
I didnt mean it as bashing wheels experts at all. it could happen to anybody I was just surprised you mentioned the machine...
Didn't really think you were. Just wanted to make it clear for everybody else. I took my car in on Wednesday, and the GSP9700 identified two tires that were out of tolerance for road force. All four wheels were OK for radial runout and lateral runout. I already have Tread Depot sending me two new Toyos, and it will be a free replacement (including shipping) once I ship back the old tires with the balance report. Lesson learned. The two new Toyos will be mounted and balanced at the shop with the GSP9700.

Ray
Old 06-28-02, 07:13 AM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

Thumbs up

Good to hear everything worked out for you

Quick Reply: wheelmax.com