Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

need wheel center caps--my got stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-02, 08:06 PM
kathleenkmh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy need wheel center caps--my got stolen!

I have a 1993 SC300. It has the chrome center caps, round, 6 1/2" in diameter with the gold logo in the center--at least one of them does! someone actually took three of them and replaced it (i don't know if they just took the emblem or the whole cap) with a phony lexus emblem in some cheap metal. i have no idea who or where... i discovered it the other day when i went to wash my car. can't figure why a theif would bother to replace anything, but it's truly what happened. i've searched online and can't seem to find the replacements anywhere. other than going to the dealer, any suggestions?

i'm so bummed about this.....
Old 06-16-02, 09:20 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

I'm sorry to hear that. You could try Steve Ganz (SUPRATRD). He can get a lot of parts - I never tried on stuff like that. That is strange that the items were replaced like that though. Was your car at a dealership any time recently.

How did your starting problem get resolved?
Old 06-16-02, 09:30 PM
kathleenkmh
Driver School Candidate

You're right, it is very strange. I don't go to a dealer, but have a great mechanic who does just foreign cars. I've known him for a long time, and can't believe it would have happened there. The only other place (other than a very strange random theif) was when I took it a couple of months ago to a Big O tires, as i had a flat. They rotated the tires, but it's hard to imagine that I would not have noticed it until now. I am baffled, and would think I had imagined it, did I not know.. and the emblem is clearly a lexus rip-off.. .looks more like a seven. Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion.

Regarding the startup problem, shortly after getting the great advice I had to go out of town for awhile, and didn't have time to deal with it before I left. I'm back in town, and it's next on my list. Thankfully, it doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make it of concern. i priced the part (fuel pump ecu) from a dealer at $291. I'm hoping I can do better elsewhere. thanks for asking!

In regards to Steve Ganz, is he on this forum (I'm new to this), or does he have a website? Thanks.

Kathleen
Old 06-16-02, 10:05 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

In regards to Steve Ganz, is he on this forum (I'm new to this), or does he have a website? Thanks.
Yes, yes, yes, and no problem.

Username is SUPRATRD - do a search with that subject and all will be found.

L-tuned
Old 06-17-02, 01:21 PM
cupete
Pole Position

Damn, sorry to hear that. I am also having a problem finding the right center cap for my wheels. I took my car to get the tires balanced and this shop lost two of my center caps, well later on they were able to find one. However, my car needs one center cap and I can't find the right ones for the wheel, I even tried the Lexus dealer but they can't find the ones that will fit on my wheels since it's aftermarkt Racing Hart parts and the wheels are antique (?) about 6-7 years old...
Old 06-20-02, 10:49 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it they're factory wheels then go to a junk yard or look in the back of any motor trend mag. and u'll see ads for genuine toyota parts. I believe one of the companys i saw was something like tap somthing .com.
Old 06-27-02, 01:15 AM
4HUN
Pole Position

The site is www.taprecycling.com

It is by far the best site for used Lex parts. They have alot of older SC's. Nothing newer than 95 though. They are very helpful. Good luck man.