Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Please Read...Binno Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-02, 07:35 PM
20inchgs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Read...Binno Wheels?

I have already done a search but I was wondering what you guys think of Binno wheels. There is a 5 star triple chrome plated in 20by9 that retails for 550.00 a wheel. I want to know if the wheel is "worthy" of a GS. Also does anyone have these wheels?

THANX
Old 06-09-02, 03:21 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"worthy", IMO, NO WAY. Copied design, fake multi-piece wheel bolts...definitely not worthy.

If you like a clean 5-star wheel in 20" (but with no lip), the Advan Connoisseur No.51c's are the way to go. They have 20x9 and 20x10

http://www.yokohamatire.jp/yrc/japan...51c/co_51c.jsp

Here's a Celsior with those wheels in 20"...

Last edited by Manaray; 06-09-02 at 03:25 AM.
Old 06-09-02, 09:36 AM
20inchgs
Rookie

Default THANX

Thank you Manaray. I know the wheel is a cast wheel and not a true 3 peice wheel but I really like the desighn. If I am not mistaken I believe the Binno has a lip in 20by9. I like the look of the wheel you showed above but I want a lip, any suggestions? THANX
Old 06-10-02, 12:57 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Why not go with a real 2 or 3 piece wheel instead? That way, you can get lip, a REAL use for bolts, and the design you want?

It's more money but it'll be worth it...whatever you do DON'T BE DESPERATE to get wheels...Binnos are DESPERATION....instead, save up and buy some quality wheels, you'll be happier, trust me!
Old 06-10-02, 11:56 PM
Hudini
Lead Lap

I agree with manaray to some extent. I've had Binnos 20x9 all the way around. I just recently sold them and put another set on order. But the rim itself is durable and the triple chrome is bright. I, myself, haven't seen any other rim like it. If you are going to group five star rims together then, yeah it copied the very first five star wheel.
The rim doesn't have a dish, even at 20x9. For the price, it is a great value. But for a little more, there are a lot of other choices with a dish. To me, a 20 inch rim with a deep dish makes the rim look bigger. It depends on what your taste is as well as the taste of the people around you on a daily basis. My friends here liked the Binnos a lot and I would have kept them, but I met GS4Will and everything went downhill.
Old 06-11-02, 12:08 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The Binnos are a copy of the Mak Energy...the Energy has been out for YEARS.

http://www.makwheels.it/catalogo/prodotto.asp?cod=22

Pretty much exact except for the sizing...

Also, wheels with spokes that go to the edge look larger...dished wheels tend to look smaller because the spokes end at the inside of the wheel (usually more due to the edge where the bolts are) whereas with most 1-piece wheels, the spokes go to the very edge of the wheel which gives it a larger look.

Personally, I think the No.51c's are really nice....it's just that most people want lip...
Old 06-11-02, 12:32 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Whoa.... the Mak wheels do look similar but the spoke on the Binnos are thinner and the spokes on the Binnos goes futher to the edge.
As far as to dish or not to dish, I guess it depends where the spokes end on the rim. If the spokes go to the very edge of the rim, good luck with parallel parking but it does look big. My friend has Lowenhart LD1 with a deep dish on his Jag and those look like they are 21 inch rims.
With the Binnos, I put them side by side with Itsallgood's 20in Work Rezax and the Binnos look like they were 19's. So I wouldn't use a generalization of all spoke to the edge rims look bigger than Dish rims.

But the 51c do look dope........
Old 06-11-02, 06:42 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The BINNO wheels look better than the MAKS
Old 06-11-02, 07:50 AM
20inchgs
Rookie

I agree I would rather have a lip also. I really like the look of the Binno but I DO NOT want to disgrace my car with cheap wheels so I will pass. I really like the Dronells also but I cant find any as of yet. The search continues
Old 06-12-02, 12:36 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

The reason why the Binnos look "thinner" is because the Mak's you're looking at are only 18"...the Binno's are 20"...they just kept the same width spokes and made them longer...

Either way, Binnos are on the low end of the wheel spectrum IMO.

Also, don't "like" wheels based on their price....find a design you like, REGARDLESS of the price, then worry about how to get them. Many people buy based on priced and then they end up upgrading anyways (I can name QUITE a few here on ClubLexus) because they bought a crap wheel.

HRE 545's are a nice clean 5-spoke and now with the soon-to-be release of the 545R's, you can have a high quality, forged 3-piece 20" reverse lip wheel...we're going to try to fit a 8.5" with a 2" lip and a 10" with a 3" lip on my GS430 real soon (I'm the guinea pig I guess! )...
Old 06-12-02, 01:14 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

The Binno's not only have a thinner spoke but also the spoke end closer to the center. I have had the Binno's so I can verify this.
The thing is "Do things for yourself and not for anyone else." If people decide to change their mind and upgrade or downgrade their rims then so be it. Whatever makes you happy.
Manaray, I know you are into HRE's, cool I respect that but some, including me, are not into those rims for the GS. If I still had my Supra, I would consider putting HRE's on it. But on a GS, the last thing I would worry about is the weight of the wheel or the extreme price. The GS is a luxury vehicle, not a race car....
My take on wheels is: "As long as it brings a smile on your face, that is all that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 06-12-02, 01:28 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

How do you figure that the Binnos, a low cost cast wheel made in a third world country (with fake bolts and a knock-off design to boot!), qualifies as "Luxury" wheel and the HRE's, some of the best wheels made on the planet (that are forged, real multi-piece, hand assembled and finish), don't?

While I agree that you should put on what makes you happy, a lot of buyers don't know much about wheels...this is NOT a wheel worth buying....there is no point in trying to defend it just because you owned a set...it's no big deal, you don't own them anymore....let it go...

Anyone who knows anything about wheels wouldn't buy Binnos...take a look at all the guys here who know something about wheels...do they have Binnos? Would they EVER consider Binnos?

There a LOT of other wheels I would buy instead of HRE's (Work, Weds, Hart, SSR, Fikse, Kinesis, Weld Evo, etc.) but I buy HRE's because I know they're one of the best wheels and I love most of their designs....they make a simple bowed 5-spoke, how can you NOT like that if you like 5-spoke wheels?
Old 06-12-02, 07:44 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

For most people cost is the major factor.Second would be simply not knowing quality wheels.

Yoo should always shoot for the quality that matches the car but other factors come into play.
For example:
My BF wants to change the kit on one of his cars,but for the price (could buy a new car,that damn timeshare that ive been after,re-do the bathroom,etc)Theres no way in hell im gonna let something like that slide. Can he afford it? Yes,
But 'other' factors have now come into play....like me.

By no means am I saying to go out and buy cheap wheels just because they are cheap.

~Em
Old 06-12-02, 07:44 AM
20inchgs
Rookie

Well, I agree with both of you guys. I like the wheels but I dont want lower end wheels on a higher end car. the reason i want a GS is because of the quality of the car I do not want to ruine that car by putting lower end wheels on the car. BUT I do like the look of the wheel, I am just going to find a wheel that I like and is of good quality.

Personally I am more leaning towards the Dronells but ALOT of people have them on this list BUT no one has ever even heard of Dronells never mind have a set on their car around me so I am good to go.

Hudini I understand what you are saying but I dont want to spend 2500 on wheels and not be happy with the quality.

Thank you for all your opinions this list is awesome.
Old 06-12-02, 10:44 PM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Manaray, I would never put Binno's in the same sentence as HRE's. NNOOOOOO WAAAAYYYY!!!! Please, if I have had a choice between Binno's and HRE's, I would expect some to put me out of my mind for even considering it.....
It is just that some are influenced by others or do it as a bandaid. I have had my eyes on Work wheels for a while and now I am ready. I am rolling on Old Skool five spoke Seneka's right now until my ship comes in. But if Binno's make you happy, then so be it....................

Quick Reply: Please Read...Binno Wheels?