Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Sevas s7 wheels rumor

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-10, 11:57 PM
jamez2fly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sevas s7 wheels rumor

so theres a rumor that these wheels crack or break overtime? has anyone heard anything bad about these wheels?
Old 03-23-10, 05:59 AM
vega
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation wheel/rim broke in half

I was driving my lexus is300, one night on the freeway...i had just left work...i started to change lanes, and i noticed some traffic congestion up ahead. I decided i should stay in the original lane..so i merged back to it. It was then I heard my car make a thump noise, followed by a sharp, sudden crack (that noise was my 5 spoke oem lexus wheel splitting in half, it was my driver's side front wheel...every spoke broke completly off, seperating my rim/ wheel into two pieces, all the way around... it broke where the spoke meets the round the tire attaches too. )...i knew something broke on my car, I just didn't know what...the steering wheel turned, a hard right, without my control...and locked up...i tried to get it to straighten out...it just wouldn't...all i remember was, it feeling like my front end went down and my back end whipped the car around...i remember looking head-on at all the traffic that was suppose to be behind me...i remember seeing all the headlights right in front of me...my lexus went into a very bad spin. Apparently it spun until it hit the freeway's access road's 8ft. fence and that catapolted my lexus is300 completly over it...it landing on its roof upside down...The sound of the car still running made me open my eyes...i waited a second thinking my airbags would go off...they never deployed..i turned the car off...i was scared gasoline would spill and the car would catch on fire...I didn't know if your upside down in a car...you can't get out. It's like lifting 4,000 lbs of crushed metal, thats one heavy door..i don't know how, but I somehow got out...I am so lucky. i didnt hit anyone, and no one was in my car with me. i remember looking at my car wreck and looking at that broken 5 spoke alloy wheel. i guess that doesn't happen very often.

Sevas s7 wheels rumor-dsc00280.jpg

Sevas s7 wheels rumor-dsc00308.jpg

Sevas s7 wheels rumor-upsidedown.jpg
Old 03-23-10, 08:15 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

omg thats a wicked crash story.
Old 03-23-10, 12:21 PM
jamez2fly
Driver School Candidate

sorry to hear about what happen. glad your okay. thx for sharing that, i dont think ill get those sevas since i heard a few stories about it cracking. after seeing what happen to you, i dont think i want to take that risk haha
Old 03-23-10, 12:52 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

A couple of comments.

First, to Vega, very glad you're "telling the tale" after what appears to be a horrific crash. Glad no one got hurt.

Second, the OPs message was clearly asking about Sevas wheels. The wreck shows OEM IS wheels that seem to have broken. Impact and particulars of what actually happened seem *strange* to say the least since hte story doesn't match the crash schene (highway story/secondary road crash schene).

If someone really wants to weight in on Sevas facts a lot of us will listen. If this is a little smear campaign by a couple of new members againt Sevas by implying something other than the truth, be carefull.

A MOD might want to look into IP addresses to see who's who and that jamezfly and Vega don't have some connection.

Last edited by ZippyGuy; 03-23-10 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 01:40 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F Sevas. Too many horror stories.
Old 03-23-10, 02:06 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Lock it up..
Old 03-28-10, 12:08 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

i had a set sevas r77 forged edition and they were a POS. The barrel was very weak and easy to bent plus the leaking air doesnt ever stop. So stay far away from sevas and save yourself the headache
Old 03-28-10, 03:47 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

noooooooo sevas, Iforged has a wheel that looks like that.
Old 03-29-10, 04:55 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

It was known some time back that Sevas had quality issues with their 1 piece, cast wheels such as the S7 model. This was maybe 2 years ago. I had read stories and seen numerous photos across multiple forums (including this one) of the aftermath of their wheels' failures. I will not get into it too much since I've never owned a set of Sevas wheels, but if you search, you will find the answers you're looking for.
Old 04-08-10, 02:07 PM
MC3 Wheels
Former Sponsor

Yes, sevas has had quite few issues with complete wheel failure. I would stay away from those if I were you.
Old 04-10-10, 01:18 PM
jamez2fly
Driver School Candidate

zippy, me and vega have no kind of connection and for you to think something like that is stupid. i just heard rumors about sevas and wanted to see everyone else's opinion.
Old 10-17-10, 11:06 AM
twizted
Instructor

I have seen there 10 spoke ones separate but not any of the s7's yet. I have the s7 but i wouldn't get them. The company went out of business because of there shady **** and my chrome is peeling because there was not copper plating under the chrome....
Old 10-17-10, 11:21 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought 2 sets of Sevas 1 piece 5 spoke wheels. Sold one to a member and haven't heard any complaints from him. Sold the other to a neighbor and it still looks good and going strong after 4+ years.

From what I can remember, there was only one model with cracking problems and this one is not the one.
The forged wheels from Sevas looked good but I have heard many horror stories about bending and peeling.....but lots of forged wheels have those same problems.
Old 10-17-10, 11:27 AM
twizted
Instructor

Oh and i should mention i washed my wheels every week, polished and waxed my wheels ever 2-3 weeks so they were not abused and like sheets are peeling off the lips now!

Quick Reply: Sevas s7 wheels rumor