Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

zauber wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-02, 06:52 AM
CIPHER
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zauber wheels

I've been searching for a site or a place where I can get zauber wheels but I cant even find their official website. If anyone knows of a site that has prices(besides wheelexperts.com which doesn't have prices). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-09-02, 07:40 AM
Wheel Experts

Just email me the sizes and i'll send the prices you need. Japan is currently restructuring all Zauber pricing structure for the US market.
Old 05-09-02, 08:10 AM
DigitalJHelms
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

www.arw.co.jp

That's the site for Arrow Enterprises, the maker of Zauber wheels from what I understand. The site is in Japanese so go to http://babelfish.altavista.com, choose "Web page", put "http://www.arw.co.jp" in the box and select "Japanese to English" from the drop down. It'll let you browse the whole site in english (although some of it won't make sense ). You can't buy them there, but at least you can get all the size, lip and offset information as well as a gallery of their wheels... Oh, and www.wheelpower.com sells Zauber as well - but you have to call them, the won't conduct business via email. Hope this helps..

Last edited by DigitalJHelms; 05-09-02 at 08:12 AM.
Old 05-09-02, 01:30 PM
CIPHER
Driver

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info! I also want to know how deep a dish can I run in front w/out jeapordizing steering? I was looking for 19" Gettin's.

WheelExpert- Could you PM me your prices in chrome as well as polished w/tires?
thanks again
Old 05-09-02, 03:29 PM
Wheel Experts

19x8.5 +39H and 19x10 +40L

prices are coming over shortly
Attached Thumbnails zauber wheels-lexus_01.jpg  
Old 05-09-02, 04:18 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

nice wheel !
Old 05-09-02, 06:29 PM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Damnitt...now everyone is going to have this wheel.

I might have to keep looking.
Old 05-10-02, 03:18 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Wheel Experts
Just email me the sizes and i'll send the prices you need. Japan is currently restructuring all Zauber pricing structure for the US market.
What does that mean?? Will they be going up or down???
Old 05-10-02, 03:20 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by DigitalJHelms
www.arw.co.jp

That's the site for Arrow Enterprises, the maker of Zauber wheels from what I understand. The site is in Japanese so go to http://babelfish.altavista.com, choose "Web page", put "http://www.arw.co.jp" in the box and select "Japanese to English" from the drop down. It'll let you browse the whole site in english (although some of it won't make sense ). You can't buy them there, but at least you can get all the size, lip and offset information as well as a gallery of their wheels... Oh, and www.wheelpower.com sells Zauber as well - but you have to call them, the won't conduct business via email. Hope this helps..

Digital??? How do you know all that????
Old 05-10-02, 03:22 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by AgGS400
Damnitt...now everyone is going to have this wheel.

I might have to keep looking.
Shouldnt I be saying that??
If you mean keep looking for a wheel that will be exclusive to your car for more than 1 month???? THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN........

Last edited by tinygs; 05-10-02 at 03:38 AM.
Old 05-10-02, 03:36 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

19x8.5 +39H and 19x10 +40L

prices are coming over shortly
Hey Lee2375, whats up??
Are you sure these are the correct offsets??? I got 19x8.5"+43 high disc, and 19x10"+41 super low disc......
These were what I originally found on the Arrow web-site...
They didnt show the offsets that you outlined above....
From their site:
19X8.5" high +3 +10 +16 +23 +29 +36 +43
Lips/mm: 96 89 83 76 70 63 57
19X10.0 Super low +28 +35 +41 +48
Lips/mm: 115 109 102 96

Last edited by tinygs; 05-10-02 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-10-02, 05:19 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Default Tiny

Originally posted by tinygs

Shouldnt I be saying that??
If you mean keep looking for a wheel that will be exclusive to your car for more than 1 month???? THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN........

Uhhhhh....yeah.

Are you still liking them? What are your thoughts on the tires/ride? How carefully do you drive to avoid bending?

Late.
Old 05-10-02, 07:39 AM
Wheel Experts

When buying wheels from Japan, you can spec them any way you want. I think that's just what Wheel Power chose to bring in. (At least that's what they said) but seems a little off to me. I would run a +37H and a +42L if it were my car, but it's only a couple mm difference which is not visible to most people.

The hard part in stocking wheels from Japan is that everyone wants the own spec. Even if it's 1mm off, they won't buy it, even if you have it in stock.

In Japan, if they can make it, you can order it. Those are only the "standard" offsets.
Old 05-10-02, 07:42 AM
Wheel Experts

Originally posted by tinygs

What does that mean?? Will they be going up or down???
Hopefully it will be down. The grey marketing on this wheel is getting ridiculous.

Remember, Wheel Power set the US price and discount structure for this line, not me. Since we are a Hamann W/D, we also picked up the Zauber line along with it. They have to be able to control the grey marketing (one can never eliminate) or else the line is almost worthless (at least to those who are internet savvy, or JDM savvy).

(edited to be more "PC" )

Last edited by Wheel Experts; 05-10-02 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-11-02, 02:42 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Hopefully it will be down. The grey marketing on this wheel is getting ridiculous.

Remember, Wheel Power set the US price and discount structure for this line, not me. Since we are a Hamann W/D, we also picked up the Zauber line along with it. They have to be able to control the grey marketing (one can never eliminate) or else the line is almost worthless (at least to those who are internet savvy, or JDM savvy).

(edited to be more "PC" )
Well, Not worthless......maybe less profitable for a retailer though....
As a consumer in the JDM game, the key to pricing is finding the "HOOK UP"....... This means sourcing the part (in this case wheel) any way possible...... I for one was told how much Wheel Power sells the Gettin for before I purchased. IT WAS APPAULING...
If "Grey Market" is defined as buying from a friend who is Japanese/American and maintains close ties with good sources in Japan allowing for sick pricing when importing, I have to remain a "grey market" consumer.......

Hey Lee? When ordering wheel specs other than what is considered standard, is it as easy as ordering standard fitments..... Also, what is your opinion of the 19x8.5"+43high, 19x10"+41 super low set up Im using???.... TIA, Tiny

Quick Reply: zauber wheels