Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

Looking to do a sale.. what do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-02, 11:40 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to do a sale.. what do you want to see?

CL Members,

I am looking to do another wheel sale and want to know what YOU want to see. After the past sale where I was basically giving HREs away , the response was underwhelming. I'm guessing that's just not what people were looking for. Give me your thoughts and suggestions!

(In accordance with new WK policy, please no Japanese imported wheels)
Old 04-20-02, 02:03 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lowenharts imported?? If not, why not a sale on them.
Old 04-20-02, 03:05 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis, it's probably due to the cost. It's not like people didn't like the wheel, it's just that HRE's are expensive...no way around it (unless you buy used I suppose)

Lowenhart is probably a good idea because a lot of people like it...

But I think the question should be WHAT PRICE POINT to you guys (members) want to see sales wheels sell for (and be resonable...no one is going to sell 20" HRE's for $1000/set)...then you can fill in what wheels can be sold in that price range...

You'd think more people would have jumped on that 441R deal...maybe because it was only 19"...suprised the IS guys didn't jump on that one (then again, most of them aren't in a position to spend over $3K for wheels and tires...)
Old 04-20-02, 06:34 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What other wheel brands do you carry? I'm looking for a 19-inch five-spoke dished rim, preferrably multipiece and chrome, but silver with polished lip is good too. Price from $2000-3000. I got my eye on WEDS and Work, but those are both imports.

Last edited by lex400sc; 04-20-02 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-21-02, 02:50 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by futuregs
Lowenharts imported?? If not, why not a sale on them.
No, Lowenharts are fair game, but for the cost (HRE range, especially chrome BR5s), I think they may be another dud.
Old 04-21-02, 02:54 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by manaray
Dennis, it's probably due to the cost. It's not like people didn't like the wheel, it's just that HRE's are expensive...no way around it (unless you buy used I suppose)

Lowenhart is probably a good idea because a lot of people like it...

But I think the question should be WHAT PRICE POINT to you guys (members) want to see sales wheels sell for (and be resonable...no one is going to sell 20" HRE's for $1000/set)...then you can fill in what wheels can be sold in that price range...

You'd think more people would have jumped on that 441R deal...maybe because it was only 19"...suprised the IS guys didn't jump on that one (then again, most of them aren't in a position to spend over $3K for wheels and tires...)
I find that most people are scared off of Lowenhart also because of price. Quite frankly, I have yet to sell a set to a Lexus customer. Maybe I'm wrong?

I actually expanded the HRE sale to 18s also.. I had those sub 3k! Simply an incredible price, very very lukewarm response. (HRE called me not terribly happy about it )

I really would like to sell a set of 441Rs-- I think they're a great looking wheel. Want to be origional? Get off the Work wheel crap, and buy the HRE 441R. No one in the WORLD has them.
Old 04-21-02, 06:08 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Wheel Kinetics

I really would like to sell a set of 441Rs-- I think they're a great looking wheel. Want to be origional? Get off the Work wheel crap, and buy the HRE 441R. No one in the WORLD has them.
Dennis,
Do you have pix of the 441R... I went to the HRE site and they dont. But, if they look anything like the 541's, there may be a reason why nobody has them... pretty hideous IMO
What lines of wheels would you consider if you won't do JDM stuff? Since Blitz has a North American structure are they considered imports? One of the wheels I like is the Z2, so I'd probably be in if you offered a Blitz sale.
Old 04-21-02, 10:32 AM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Wheel Kinetics
I actually expanded the HRE sale to 18s also.. I had those sub 3k! Simply an incredible price, very very lukewarm response. (HRE called me not terribly happy about it )
Dennis, may have just been bad timing. New year, taxes, economy downturn; or any other legitimate reasons.

I do want to give you kudos for posting such an enthusiatic attitude about a wheel sale. I wish you were around when I was shopping, even though I love my wheels and had a great purchase experience.
Old 04-21-02, 11:05 AM
kuruption213
Pole Position

maybe try an l-sportline deal?
Old 04-21-02, 11:19 AM
Ag02M5
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray...those HREs were around $3k for just wheels or did I really miss the boat...no tires right Dennis.

Dennis...I am looking to spend $2000 to $2500 just to give you an idea.

Good luck.

Ryan
Old 04-22-02, 01:01 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't remember exactly what the prices were but I remember it was a good deal for the 441R's...

I would do those for my GS but I need to have 20's...
Old 04-22-02, 01:07 AM
TNH
Pole Position

Originally posted by mumbles

Dennis,
Do you have pix of the 441R... I went to the HRE site and they dont. But, if they look anything like the 541's, there may be a reason why nobody has them... pretty hideous IMO
What lines of wheels would you consider if you won't do JDM stuff? Since Blitz has a North American structure are they considered imports? One of the wheels I like is the Z2, so I'd probably be in if you offered a Blitz sale.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to do a sale.. what do you want to see?-441r.jpg  
Old 04-22-02, 01:10 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by mumbles

Dennis,
I'd be happy to help you out with the Z2s on a one-on-one basis. There simply aren't enough Blitz wheels out there to offer a sale.

Here are the 441Rs. Cannot tell me these aren't great looking wheels!
http://www.wheelkinetics.com/hre/441R.jpg
http://www.wheelkinetics.com/hre/441Ra.jpg
Old 04-22-02, 05:59 AM
mumbles
Lexus Test Driver

TNH and Dennis,
Thanks for the pix. Those look familiar, I guess I should have used the search feature huh?
Old 04-22-02, 07:05 AM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

I bet those will look good on my GS4..........

Quick Reply: Looking to do a sale.. what do you want to see?