Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

my gs4 w/Lsportline mdl 1's

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-02, 05:43 PM
mars183
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking my gs4 w/Lsportline mdl 1's

I will be lowering soon just need to find a good set of springs..
Attached Thumbnails my gs4 w/Lsportline mdl 1's-dscn0336.jpg  
Old 04-16-02, 05:45 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Nice rims and cute kid!
Old 04-16-02, 05:50 PM
mars183
Rookie

thanx..I did'nt know she was in the car at the time
Old 04-16-02, 10:27 PM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

It all depends on how much $$$ you want to spend... Do a search on "springs" because this subject came up many of times before...

Aloha
Old 04-17-02, 04:16 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look nice! Do the RIGHT thing, get coilovers...don't half-@ss your suspension components...
Old 04-17-02, 07:50 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by manaray
Look nice! Do the RIGHT thing, get coilovers...don't half-@ss your suspension components...
Listen to Manaray on this one.
Car looks great by the way!
Old 04-17-02, 10:27 AM
mars183
Rookie

thanx guys..but which coilovers do you recomend? I would like to get as close to stock ride as possible.
Old 04-17-02, 07:34 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Definately listen to manaray! I have the same wheels, he advised me to get coilovers but no, I thought I could get the best of both worlds by getting the Lsportline height adjustable shocks/springs. Well, after the install I found that they were not as adjustable as I thought...now I think I'm gonna end up getting coilovers after I get my body kit.
Old 04-18-02, 01:42 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

For a near stock ride, I suggest the Tein CS....for more FUNCTION and just a TAD bit stiffer than CS (it's not much!), get the Tein FLEX.

The Tein FLEX is a SUPERIOR coilover setup. Not only does it offer a very wide range of height adjustment (more than the CS), it also allows lowering via the SHOCK BODY rather than compressing the spring...that means that even when the coilovers are at their lowest adjustment point, the shock still has full travel (the only downfall to that is if you have the system set REALLY low and you hit a mean **** dip, you could bottom out...of course, to fix this, you can also adjust via the "standard" way...it's called the FLEX for a reason!)..but this provides a much better ride....also, the FLEX comes with camber adjustment perches...so you can adjust your camber! (come on, how many GS guys have had issues with this!)

$1326 + shipping (and Tax if you're in the communist state of California) for the FLEX...PM me if anyone is interested in a set...
Old 04-18-02, 01:05 PM
Wheels Boutique
Former sponsor

Manaray is right coilovers is the way just look how low i have mine and my car still drive factory if not better....
Attached Thumbnails my gs4 w/Lsportline mdl 1's-tucking.jpg  
Old 04-18-02, 01:12 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

I have my GS on eibachs and stock shocks and I really can't feel the difference. But that's me.

I've had coilovers before (long story but I had to switch out of them) and other than the looks (coilovers were about 1/2 inch lower), the ride seems fine since I'm a daily driver and not a racer and really don't corner hard
Old 04-18-02, 03:31 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

for ride quality nothing beats L-tuned = ). i just use sways//lcb//stb to tighten the loose end, while still having great ride quality.

I can't wait to try manaray's tho. a coilover with good ride quality would be the way to go. I tried tein's coilover, so STIFF.
Old 04-18-02, 04:54 PM
enginyr
Banned

For a near stock ride, I suggest the Tein CS....for more FUNCTION and just a TAD bit stiffer than CS (it's not much!), get the Tein FLEX.

The Tein FLEX is a SUPERIOR coilover setup. Not only does it offer a very wide range of height adjustment (more than the CS), it also allows lowering via the SHOCK BODY rather than compressing the spring...that means that even when the coilovers are at their lowest adjustment point, the shock still has full travel (the only downfall to that is if you have the system set REALLY low and you hit a mean **** dip, you could bottom out...of course, to fix this, you can also adjust via the "standard" way...it's called the FLEX for a reason!)..but this provides a much better ride....also, the FLEX comes with camber adjustment perches...so you can adjust your camber! (come on, how many GS guys have had issues with this!)

$1326 + shipping (and Tax if you're in the communist state of California) for the FLEX...PM me if anyone is interested in a set...
When did you become a salesman?
Old 04-18-02, 06:04 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks real nice, mad props to ya

drew
Old 04-19-02, 02:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

GSIntensive - You probably tried the Tein HA's...those are stiff...

Enginyr - Recently...why?

Quick Reply: my gs4 w/Lsportline mdl 1's