Wheels, Tires & Brakes Forum Where else do you go for wheel, tire and brake information?

pirelli pzero

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-02, 02:52 PM
gsstud
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question pirelli pzero

what does everyone think of the pzeros???
Old 04-09-02, 04:55 PM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Default Re: pirelli pzero

Originally posted by gsstud
what does everyone think of the pzeros???
Good performer, decient price, poor wear, and an incredible selection of sizes to choose from. (Especially when combined with the Rosso)
Old 04-09-02, 05:28 PM
enginyr
Banned

Excellent performance....strong sidewalls.....sticky.....haven't experienced exsive wear but I have noticed the tires like to trammel/wander.
Old 04-10-02, 02:12 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

would pick another tire...I hate pirelli's...I've only had bad experiences with the sets I've tried...traction wasn't spectacular and they wear FAST too...
Old 04-10-02, 08:13 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, had a set of P-Zero Asimmetricos on my MR2- only lasted 14K miles, but they were the most fun 14K I've ever had with that car.

Back when I was Autocrossing regularly, I was running within .5 second of a fully- ITA prepared CRX on Hoosiers (with me on 195/50zr15 P-Zeroes I bought at the Tire Rack)- needless to say, he was astonished when I drove home at the end of the day while he was loading the CRX onto a trailer...

The Rossos are a totally different animal- about 98% as sticky as the original Asimmetrico, but much quieter and with much better wear characteristics. The Rossos are OE on many Porsches, Jags, etc.
Old 04-10-02, 09:14 AM
enginyr
Banned

What ever you do.......do not get Nitto 555 extremes......Very cheap tire.....wears fast.....not sticky WHAT SO EVER. Although they are one of the nicest (Square) cornered tires out there. Oh yeah cost is very cheap too. I would rather go with a higher quality kumo.
Old 04-10-02, 07:31 PM
gsstud
Pole Position

Default how bout michelins?

maybe ill look into some michelins...i have till the 20th to decide..
Old 04-10-02, 09:53 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Enginyr - Are you kidding? Nitto's are known as one of the longest lasting high performance tires out there. I've have MANY sets of Nittos over the years (in various sizes) and they work fine. They are NOT the stickest out there but they do better than many tires out there.

From experience, I'd rather have Nitto's than Pirelli's...also, Kumho's loose "stickiness" after you put a few thousand miles on them (although they still are good tires and great for the price). The Kumho's don't outperform the Nittos IMO and IME (In My Experience).

My WORSE experiences have been with Pirelli's in terms of wear...and they loose stickiness quickly...

I think the Bridgestones S-03's are the best choice IMO...
Old 04-11-02, 12:00 AM
enginyr
Banned

Originally posted by manaray
Enginyr - Are you kidding? Nitto's are known as one of the longest lasting high performance tires out there. I've have MANY sets of Nittos over the years (in various sizes) and they work fine. They are NOT the stickest out there but they do better than many tires out there.

From experience, I'd rather have Nitto's than Pirelli's...also, Kumho's loose "stickiness" after you put a few thousand miles on them (although they still are good tires and great for the price). The Kumho's don't outperform the Nittos IMO and IME (In My Experience).

My WORSE experiences have been with Pirelli's in terms of wear...and they loose stickiness quickly...

It IS possible I got the worst set of Nittos on the planet (but from my experience THEY SUCK). If I had to Choose between Pirelli Toyo or Bridgestone...I'd probably go with the Toyo T-1's for their stickyness and outstanding tread wear (But too pricey). Best deal right now I'd say are the S0-3's from tire rack. 245/35/20's for $1080 shipped.
Old 04-11-02, 04:42 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Enginyr - It is possible that you got some bad ones...you know that Toyo and Nitto are one company, right?

I would pick the Bridgestones over Toyos. I've had Toyos before and I don't think they're worth the money....now that the Bridgestones can be had for so cheap on TireRack...

Hey Dennis, can you beat those prices on TireRack or are they just operating on sheer volume?
Old 04-11-02, 11:04 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Enginyr - It is possible that you got some bad ones...you know that Toyo and Nitto are one company, right?

I would pick the Bridgestones over Toyos. I've had Toyos before and I don't think they're worth the money....now that the Bridgestones can be had for so cheap on TireRack...

Hey Dennis, can you beat those prices on TireRack or are they just operating on sheer volume?
I can save you about ~$40 on a set. If I sold tires and not wheels, I wouldn't be able to turn on the lights.... does that answer the volume question?
Old 04-12-02, 12:36 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Hehehe...$40/set? Wow, almost not even worth bothering you with an order...sounds like the margin isn't even worth it for you to do the paperwork and shipping! I guess TireRack must sell MILLIONS of tires!

...but if you want the business, I'll be needing possibly TWO sets (8 tires total) of S-03's soon...one for my GS and one for my "Project Beater"...245/35-20 (x4), 275/30-20 (x2) and 285/30-20 (x2)...
Old 04-12-02, 12:53 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Hehehe...$40/set? Wow, almost not even worth bothering you with an order...sounds like the margin isn't even worth it for you to do the paperwork and shipping! I guess TireRack must sell MILLIONS of tires!

You got that right. Tire sales is really just a service to my customers more than anything. I'm sure Tire Rack does just fine, but I know what the little guy (little guy=not Tire Rack or Discount Tire) doesn't do much.

...but if you want the business, I'll be needing possibly TWO sets (8 tires total) of S-03's soon...one for my GS and one for my "Project Beater"...245/35-20 (x4), 275/30-20 (x2) and 285/30-20 (x2)...
Always interested in helping out the community. Let me know when you're ready and we'll see what kind of strings can be pulled.
Old 04-12-02, 04:20 PM
Wheel Experts

I couldn't agree more. Pirelli p7000 is awful.
Old 04-12-02, 04:23 PM
Wheel Experts

Originally posted by Wheel Kinetics

You got that right. Tire sales is really just a service to my customers more than anything. I'm sure Tire Rack does just fine, but I know what the little guy (little guy=not Tire Rack or Discount Tire) doesn't do much. [/B]
Once again, I couldn't agree more. Tire packages are offered only to provide cust. service. I make about .05 per tire.

Last edited by Wheel Experts; 04-12-02 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: pirelli pzero